Bellazon

Victoria's Secret (Non-Model Related Discussions)

PinkCouture

Well, it happened again. A 3 guys in NY state walked out of a VS and stole 231 bra's at a value of $11,000. story

My question: how do you walk out with that many bra's and not get stopped?

I can answer your question. Limited Brands (and most other retail corporations) forbid shoplifters from being stopped and retained. Even if a shoplifting incident was witnessed, the only thing the stores can do is try to recover the item(s). Example, "I see you have selected some of our Very Sexy bras. We have some new panties that would go well with the bra. Let me show you." But based on the incident describe above, it was an organized crime incident so a recovery statement would not have worked :/ Stores may not accuse anyone of stealing b/c the accused can then technically sue the company (and it has happened before.)

As for what the shoplifters could do with the stolen goods. 1) They could sell it on the black market as suggested. 2) Sell it on eBay. 3) Return it to the store for merchandise credit. 4) Create fake receipts for the items and get cash back.

I deal with shoplifters everyday at work. I got so more LP stories than Jenna Jameson has had... :cain:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm totally loving the lipstick. Now I just need the gloss. :shifty: Also, tonight I just purchased the Extreme Lip Plumper... it feels like I rubbed jalapeno on my lips. :/ But hey, it works! ;) I got it for a steal too because like you know it is $26 but today I bought it for $10! :ddr: I already have 3 secret santa gift cards. :p

Also, my VS is hiring and I'm finally going to turn in an application. lol. I hope I'll get hired because I know pretty much everything about their bras and beauty products. Like today, for example, I was helping my older cousin pick out a bra and I was telling her all the differences between the bras and she laughed at me and was all "You need to work here."

And I do... :ninja: I want to. What do they look for on an application? :)

^ Honestly??? Someone with open availability or is very flexible with their schedule.

You must be willing to work long hours and willing to stay longer if needed. They will ask you to lift, clean, and do tedious work. And I said this before, you have to be aggressive when selling---and yes that does occasionally mean shoving products onto customers. And standing around looking cute and pretty is not an option!!! :no: You don't understand how it frustrates me when associates do that...arghhh <_< ... And know that you are disposable :( I know that sounded harsh, but that's the way they think. So many girls want to work at VS, so if you aren't "top talent" you can easily be replaced :/

Everyone thinks working at VS is so glamorous, but it is totally not. It is hard work and you must have a thick skin. Some of the most nasty people you may encounter are not clients, but your fellow associates and often your bosses :| I have been in the company long enough to know how the stores operate, and I have witness a lot of things that aren't so glamorous or "pretty" :ninja: I am not saying it is a horrible place to work nor it is all bad. It is a fun place to work if you have a sense of humor and stay focus on why you are there (Y) Also, some of the perks include trying out new products and being around products you love :hehe:

I am planning to leave the company soon. Like they say, why do I need sex when my job f*ck with me on a daily basis (see, sense of humor! ;) ) Anyways, whether or not I will return to company only the future can tell :)