Bellazon

News

Neo52285

Adriana Lima and Gisele Bundchen hits the famous Forbes top 100 Celebrity list from 2012. Gisele (61th) and Adriana (100th) are the only Brazilian personalities into the huge ranking. Adriana took part of the same list in 2005 and 2006 and now she's back.

In February of this year Lima was one of the only celebrities in the history starring over one Superbowl (watched by over 200 million people on USA) commercial. She rocked for two supersexy ads: Kia and Teleflora.

Now LimaBean is pregnant with second child. She told PEOPLE she's 6 months into her pregnancy.

PS: Adriana got 99th on Money Ranking, 94th in TV/Radio, 96th in press, 59th in social and 47th in web.

http://adrilimafans.blogspot.com.br/2012/0...e-bundchen.html

The annual Forbes Celebrity 100 list went live today, with Jennifer Lopez making a huge jump from No. 50 last year to No. 1.

There weren’t many fashion-industry people in the top 100, but three models did make the cut: 31-year-old Gisele Bündchen, 38-year-old Kate Moss and 30-year-old Adriana Lima.

Bündchen (No. 61), beat Moss and Lima on account of her recent record-paying modeling gigs, endorsement deals and independent licensing ventures. Even just in her native Brazil Bündchen shills for Pantene, Esprit and Versace, and she makes a percentage of profits on Ipanema flip-flops and other products bearing her name.

Her marriage to New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady also writes headlines: After the 2012 Super Bowl, she was criticized for strong remarks she made about the poor performance of Brady’s receivers. Forbes rates her as the highest-earning model in the world (even though she dropped a spot from last year’s list), earning an estimated $45 million last year.

But Moss (No. 94) is no slouch. Last July she married longtime boyfriend Jaime Hince and remains arguably fashion’s most iconic muse, with endorsement deals with Longchamp, Mango, Rimmel and Vogue Eyewear. She also has a lucrative design deal with TopShop going back to 2007. Forbes estimates that she earned $9 million in 2011.

Lima, the Victoria’s Secret model from New York, just squeaked by to make the cut at the bottom of the list at No. 100. She made a big splash in early 2012 when she appeared in Super Bowl commercials for Kia and Teleflora. The Victoria’s Secret deal from 2000 still makes up most of her earnings, but she also models for Donna Karan and Mavi Jeans, among others. Forbes estimates she made $7 million last year.

The Celebrity 100 is based on several things, not just endorsement deals or number of projects in a given year. It evaluates entertainment-related earnings plus media visibility (exposure in print, television, radio and online).

Lopez, for instance, unseated Lady Gaga, who topped the list last year. The pop star slides to fifth place this time with $52 million in earnings, down from $90 million last year (Gaga didn’t tour much in the last 12 months). Her new album, Born This Way, was still a smash hit, selling 1 million copies its first week of sales.

Those lists are bullshit...I'm sorry I love Adriana but Ryan Reynolds, Adam Lambert, Ryan Gosling, Robert Pattinson, Carrie Underwood (people who are true superstars and household names) are not on that list but yet I'm suppose to believe she is more bankable than they are...uhhhhh not by a long shot. I love Adriana but in comparison there is NO competition.

I doubt Adriana's pay dropped considering she's done more recently (before the pregnancy) than she had for a while.

^I Agree that this list is bullshit, but Forbes clearly stateded that it's not only about how much money u make.

The Celebrity 100 is based on several things, not just endorsement deals or number of projects in a given year. It evaluates entertainment-related earnings plus media visibility (exposure in print, television, radio and online).

Adriana has/had a lot of media visibility in this past 12 months; there's her crazy diet, her superbowl commercials (which had more attention than I thought was possible), and then u have the vsfs and all recent campaigns and the announcement of her pregnancy.

She's had a lot more media visibility than most of the stars u mentioned...Robert is the only star that I think is ahead of her in that department. But Adam and the two ryans? Seriously?!

But yea, I don't think her earnings dropped, I think that writer made a mistake. It also states that Kate Moss earned 9 milliom when we all know she earnef 13 million last year. And Adriana didn't earn 7 million last year, it was 8. This year's list is not out yet but I think Adriana is gonna rarn more than 8 million.

I really don't care if she had 14 super bowl commercials she doesn't come near the exposure that any of the stars I listed do. Robert...duh no explanation needed. Adam Lambert has been touring the country promoting his new album (interviews, magazine covers and etc) that now is debuting at number one worldwide basically. Ryan Reynolds...uh has had 2-4 movies come out including Green Lantern in the last year, the Change Up with Jason Bateman, Safe house with Denzel Washington and more including tons and tons of press and also new deals with Hugo Boss, and Nissan. Ryan Gosling...has been everywhere...no need for an explanation there. These lists are complied over from this time last year-this year when they released it, and taking that year into consideration the people I listed SLAM her in every catagory. I'm sorry I love Adriana with all my heart, but if this list was done by truthful fact getting...she wouldn't be on it. All of the people I listed above has made tons of tv appearances, late show appearances, magazine covers & articles and etc over the last year...Adriana your right had 2 super bowl commercials...YAY but really in the big scheme of comparisons...is nothing.

Has she done wonderfully this year? Yes More than Normal? Yes, but in NO way did she do better than the list above. Not to mention several that I didn't list.

Google trends disagrees with u though. According to them ppl are interested in Adriana than the guys you've mentioned worldwide. And in several different languages. I can't remember seeing any of the above mentioned trending at twitter twice in less than 3 months. U seem to forget that Adriana has Victoria's Secret... If she's on in their TV commercials, she's doing an event for them or an interview, or a newly released catalog pictures are surfacing at the internet... and that's all year round.

And some of those movies you've mentioned are flops...her two superbowl commercials made more headlines than those movies. I don't think I've heard anything headline-worthy about Ryan Reynolds this past six months or so other than his relationship with Blake Lively. Same goes for Gosling since last year. I won't even waste my time preaching about Adam...yea he's still singing and is doing great, but what's new?

And yea, there are also ppl on the list that had next to no media visibility but they are still there. Not everyone can be on the the list. Plus Adriana has been on this list twice if I'm not mistaken? And it's not constantly...so in my opinion, she only makes it to the list when she deserves it.

Again, the only one I can agree with u on this is Robert.

And I don't think the guys u mentioned should be on the list because they released two movies or their songs are doing great.

So what if the movie are flops, the press that went into them is what counts. You keep saying last year last year last year...uhhh that's what the list is based of, the last year...from spring of last year and on. Google trends are searches made by people, one thing on the list, if you compare the news volume...Adriana falls far behind...but I'm sure Adriana is more of a star than both Ryans, Adam, Robert and etc....I'm sure of it

Also to quote you

(exposure in print, television, radio and online)

Adriana was on one major talk show for the first time in 8 years. Most of the time she's on local morning shows, everyone I listed averages about 10-14 late show/talk show appearances in a normal year. Plus each one has made more overseas, on radio and in print most of them landed at least 5 covers this year promoting their movie and etc.

I'm not even a fan of the people above, but from someone who knows PR, the PR that went into these guys, the surrounding events including their movies and etc doesn't even come close to touching Adriana (in a bad way) Like I said, I love Adriana but in all honesty she doesn't deserve to be on the list. Sorry.

Eh, both have opinions...but moving on.

So what if the movie are flops, the press that went into them is what counts. You keep saying last year last year last year...uhhh that's what the list is based of, the last year...from spring of last year and on. Google trends are searches made by people, one thing on the list, if you compare the news volume...Adriana falls far behind...but I'm sure Adriana is more of a star than both Ryans, Adam, Robert and etc....I'm sure of it

Also to quote you

(exposure in print, television, radio and online)

Adriana was on one major talk show for the first time in 8 years. Most of the time she's on local morning shows, everyone I listed averages about 10-14 late show/talk show appearances in a normal year. Plus each one has made more overseas, on radio and in print most of them landed at least 5 covers this year promoting their movie and etc.

I'm not even a fan of the people above, but from someone who knows PR, the PR that went into these guys, the surrounding events including their movies and etc doesn't even come close to touching Adriana (in a bad way) Like I said, I love Adriana but in all honesty she doesn't deserve to be on the list. Sorry.

Eh, both have opinions...but moving on.

One thing I'm sure of is Adriana sure has a strong presence online and I always see her face on TV. I've compared their news volume u mentioned and Adriana seems to be actually dominating so.. You can make whatever u want out of those superbowl commercials, but it's one of the reasons she's on the list..

I'm sure you are an Adriana Lima fan, but some of the things u are saying here are so far off that I can't even deal- that's not to say I don't agree with some of your point.

Lets just agree to disagree

Your right she's great online...that is one factor on the list. When it comes to everything else, she shouldn't be there. Sorry.

Most people don't know who she is, she's not a household name, period. Like I said most people don't pay attention to the VS commercials on TV. Sorry, I'm a woman and an avid shopper at VS (spend about 500-700$ there every two weeks) and I don't pay attention to the commercials.

I GUESS i can bend on Adam (even though he's been promoting his new album everywhere, his album is number one on itunes for 3 straight days and has been touring the past 4 months) but I'm willing to pass on him, Ryan G, well it's been his year...he's been everywhere since Spring of last year. Ryan R, even though his movies were flops you couldn't go anywhere last year without running into something Green Lantern, flops are flops but the press that went into that movie alone is amazing, along with his others. Robert well Twilight, hello...plus his other projects he's been working on.

I'm an Adriana fan, but I'm not naive enough nor do I let my fandom cloud me into believing she's more valuable press/PR/entertainment wise than the boys I listed above. to believe she belongs on this list over the people I listed. She had two super bowl commercials, while yes it is a good feat, but in the span of a year it's not that big of a deal. Like I said 1 talk show in the span of 8 years is ridiculous. Also, about the news in google/trends (for news reference which is what forbes is using) she's not dominating...she's only spiking high in Feb of 2012 for her commercials in others she's being trounced...by Robert, both Ryan's, and a few other people missing from the list I've checked.

But yes I agree we'll have to agree to disagree.

Your right she's great online...that is one factor on the list. When it comes to everything else, she shouldn't be there. Sorry.

Most people don't know who she is, she's not a household name, period. Like I said most people don't pay attention to the VS commercials on TV. Sorry, I'm a woman and an avid shopper at VS (spend about 500-700$ there every two weeks) and I don't pay attention to the commercials.

I GUESS i can bend on Adam (even though he's been promoting his new album everywhere, his album is number one on itunes for 3 straight days and has been touring the past 4 months) but I'm willing to pass on him, Ryan G, well it's been his year...he's been everywhere since Spring of last year. Ryan R, even though his movies were flops you couldn't go anywhere last year without running into something Green Lantern, flops are flops but the press that went into that movie alone is amazing, along with his others. Robert well Twilight, hello...plus his other projects he's been working on.

I'm an Adriana fan, but I'm not naive enough nor do I let my fandom cloud me into believing she's more valuable press/PR/entertainment wise than the boys I listed above. to believe she belongs on this list over the people I listed. She had two super bowl commercials, while yes it is a good feat, but in the span of a year it's not that big of a deal. Like I said 1 talk show in the span of 8 years is ridiculous. Also, about the news in google/trends (for news reference which is what forbes is using) she's not dominating...she's only spiking high in Feb of 2012 for her commercials in others she's being trounced...by Robert, both Ryan's, and a few other people missing from the list I've checked.

But yes I agree we'll have to agree to disagree.

Okay first of all you can't really compare an entertainer/actor that has exposure all the time in show biz to a model. Adriana is on the list for a reason. Its not about bank-ability its about power. If Adriana was an actress/entertainer, her looks alone would easily make her in the top 5 powerful people if not no. 1. Also you state that having 2 superbowl commercials isn't a big feat. Its actually HUGE. Its the most watched single event in America and most A-listers were not in a superbowl commercial, just FYI.

Except looks have nothing to do with it. Also, power yes I agree but again in media power she still has nothing on the people I listed. Period.

Also I didn't say having two Super Bowl commercials isn't a big deal, I'm saying in comparison with everything's these others did in their year it has no comparison.

Thread Edited:

EVERYONE is entitled to express an opinion whether you like it or not, so just stop with the nonsense. You have no right to tell a person to "go away" because you don't like what's being said. Keep it up children and I'll be grabbing the warning stick. :beating:

Consider this a courtesy warning :wave::kiss:

~ Pretty