Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

from TFS 

post-85772-0-1446433291-41899_thumb.jpg

There's an interview inside. My translation.

"I'm a model, not a star!"

You were discovered at a soccer fan event?
Yeah, it was during the World Cup in Germany. I was 13 at the time, walked out of the cinema with my boyfriend and had to cross Jungfernstieg (were many events are held in Hamburg in order to get to the subway. By pure chance an agent who was working with an agency in Hamburg saw me, jumped over the barrier and approached me. 

And then things started to happen very fast?
A few weeks later I turned 14, went to the agency a couple of times and did test shoots. My New York agency booked a shooting for Calvin Klein for me when I was 15. That was my breakout.

You finished school nevertheless. Was this particularly important to you?
My parents and I were convinced: School comes first. Modeling is only a hobby at first. A lot of agents didn't want to understand this, there's a lot of money at stake after all. They think: What for God's sake do you wanna do at school? You are a supermodel now. Today I'm glad I finished school - just in case I want to do something completely different later in life. 

How can you model 'en passent'?
Most of the time I flew to NY on friday after school and arrived back in Hamburg on Monday morning. Of course I missed a lot... I can imagine that some teachers' sympathy for this kind of rhythm was kept within limits... The principal was very tolerant and understanding and demanded the same level of understanding from all the teachers. "That's a world career", he said, "you have to support it!" A lot of teachers showed me through the grades that they didn't like this.

Prada, Versace, Hugo Boss, Burberry, Donna Karan and Armani – you've worked for all the big ones in the industry. Was there one special show amongst all the fashion shows you've done that you remember as particularly great? 
Several. I'll never forget the first show for Calvin Klein. My agents were super scared that I might blush. Sometimes I just turn red as a tomato, which has nothing to do with the particular situation. I obviously just have a very good blood circulation. That's why I had to exercise not to blush. 

How does that work?
It doesn't work at all. This was obviously total bullshit. I had to run around the table with everybody grinning at me. Obviously, I turned red all the more. Then they were even more afraid that it won't work out well.
And Chanel: Karl Lagerfeld always does special shows. A huge orchestra was playing Bittersweet Symphony at Grand Palais, and the models were just walking amongst the audience, without runway. That was very special, too. And every Victoria’s Secret show is so much fun because you feel like a performer every time.

Despite all the media attention surrounding you and you boyfriend Leonardo di Caprio, you seem very down to earth and normal. Why is that?
Oh, the media attention isn't that bad. I'm a model, not a star. I don't go to events I'm booked for asperson. And I try to be surrounded by people I can talk about normal things with. And most important: I have a bad-*** mum who always keeps me grounded. 

What's your favorite look when in private?
Most of the time jeans, flats and a t-shirt.

How do you stay in shape?
Sport, every day. I don't feel well if I don't move. And I love to eat whatever I want.

At the end a matter of conscience: HSV or St. Pauli? (both are soccer teams from Hamburg. HSV is traditonally the more successful one with a lot of money (although they are in big trouble right now), while St. Pauli is a bit of a loser team, a very cool and popular one though. Might be comparable to ManU vs. Man City?)
HSV! My whole family supports HSV. I think we own around 50 tricots.

post-85772-0-1446433294-14405_thumb.jpg

Taking some snaps for my own project with @c_brylle .. Can't wait for it to be done!!

instagram / toni_garrn

Posted 3 days ago:

post-85772-0-1446433294-15076_thumb.jpg

Toni Garrn @toni_garrn

instagram / c_brylle

Don't see anything to be excited about :idk:  :blah:

i was about to post this ; what do u think she is working on ?!