Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

Why Everybody Loves Leo's Girl

SPORTING a new short haircut and kissing Leonardo DiCaprio while he clutches his Best Actor Golden Globe would be enough to get any girl noticed - but in the case of Toni Garrn, we'd noticed her already. Since coming to our attention as a catwalk favourite with countless designers, Garrn secured a place on the Victoria's Secret catwalk in 2011, and began dating DiCaprio in 2013 - two little things that sent her name soaring up the hot list for 2014.

Who's Toni Garrn?

Discovered in 2006 aged just 13 - "Before I could even think about who my idols were, I had already started modelling - I started at 13, so I never really had the chance to look up to other models" - Garrn's big break came when she was signed as a catwalk exclusive for Calvin Klein in 2008. Close friends with models' model Karlie Kloss, Garrn takes her status as one of the world's most beautiful women with a large pinch of salt - and a healthy dollop of cream too, it seems. "Before the Victoria's Secret show, I didn't eat gluten or sugar for a month, which is really hard-core for me because I have a big, big sweet tooth," she told us. "No pastries for a month! That was the biggest challenge… of my life, basically. I took a day off to eat after the show." With Vogue covers in Italy, Russia, Turkey and Ukraine; two for Vogue Mexico; four for Vogue Espana; and six in her native Germany - all before she was 21 - she is fast becoming one of the most popular cover girls of her generation, and has fronted campaigns for some of the industry's biggest names: including Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Dior, Givenchy, Versace, Tommy Hilfiger and H&M. And, whilst some would feel threatened by her boyfriend's many supermodel ex-girlfriends - from her Victoria's Secret colleague Erin Heatherton to Israeli beauty Bar Refaeli - Garrn is self-aware and gracious enough to be unaffected by the spectre of DiCaprio's most famous former love. "The ultimate Angel? It has to be Gisele," she smiled. "I loved seeing Gisele with wings. I loved seeing her strut right down the runway, it was always super powerful."

vogue.co.uk