Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

Toni's interview for Modelinia:

Model Confidential: Toni Garrn Talks Cannes and Summer Plans!

Toni2.jpg

We realize it’s only June, but that doesn’t change the fact that the Fall ’13 campaign season is just around the corner. Soon enough, those star-studded ads will be popping up by the dozens at newsstands and on billboards around the city, giving us even more reason to spend hours of our day flipping through stacks and stacks of glossy goodness! That being said, for today’s Model Confidential feature, we wanted to highlight a model’s whose face you’re likely to see popping up quite a bit once those ad shots start trickling in. A mode like Toni Garrn!

Hot off of the Cannes red carpet, we caught up with German stunner to talk about her latest turn on the amfAR runway and how she plans to spend her summer vacation. Including her thoughts on working with gold aficionado Carine Roitfeld, her beach bag essentials and the summer jams she’s loving now, today’s Confidential is full of fun Toni tidbits you need to know before hitting the beach this weekend. Get the full story now in our interview with the lovely top model after the jump!

1) You recently attended the Cannes Film Festival where you had the chance to walk in Carine Roitfeld’s “Ultimate Gold Fashion Show.” What was it like working with Carine as part of this year’s amfAR Gala?

I loved doing Carine’s show. It doesn’t fee like work; we all socialize, have a drink, do the red carpet and walk the show for a great cause. It’s not like “normal” fashion shows because it’s for charity and since we’re in Cannes already, everyone is very relaxed and just having a good time.

2) Did you pick up any new wardrobe additions while you were there?

Yes, actually, Goga from Vionnet gave me this beautiful long, red dress that I wore to her party. She loved it on me, so she told me to keep it, which was the best gift!

3) Summer is finally here! Do you have any fun travel plans? Anywhere new you would like to go?

I always love spending the summer in Spain. I love the country, the weather and the language. I have always wanted to learn how to speak Spanish. In the future, I’d also like to travel across Africa and go on a safari.

4) As a kid, were there any summer rituals or special family vacation traditions that you looked forward to each year?

Almost every summer my entire family, which includes nine cousins, grandparents and several aunts and uncles– that adds up to 17 people every vacation– would go to Turkey to an all-inclusive resort in the south. All of us kids would run around without our parents during the day and jump from one activity to another. There were several water-slides and pools, and of course, all of that right by the ocean. It’s not the most adventurous or cultural holiday, so I wouldn’t necessarily want to go back now, but as a kid, it definitely felt like paradise!

5) How do you keep yourself looking fresh-faced after a long flight?

I love the Nars tinted moisturizer. It’s a great cream that just has a hint of color to help cover up any redness. I always carry that with me.

6) How did you manage to get yourself bikini-ready this summer?

Lots of running and playing fun outside activities like biking, tennis or volleyball. I’m also conscious of what I eat and I keep everything to small portions.

7) What do you always carry with you for a day at the beach?

Sunblock!!! It’s very important. I was brought up in Athens and I learned very early the importance of sunblock. I have had bad burns in my past. I have noticed sun damage on my skin from not properly covering up. Other than that, the classics: sunglasses, iPod and a toy like a Frisbee or something fun to keep myself entertained on the beach.

8) What are a few of your favorite songs that you’re listening to right now?

I constantly listen to music throughout the day, so my favorite songs change quite often. Right now, it’s “Can’t Hold Us,” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, “Jubel,” by Klingande and I rediscovered “4 My People,” by Missy Elliot.

9) Finally, do you have anything on your summer reading list?

I’ve been reading Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts for quite a while now. It’s a long book, so I’d like to finish that one over the summer.

www.modelinia.com

contact lenses ? are you sure ? I think her eyes are always blue like that. it's probably the light.

With Mario Testino

post-58295-0-1446432094-08696_thumb.jpg

statigr.am/hunterandgatti

Look at her pupils though... they're tiny. Too small to be real and the tweet specifically mentions her eyes

Also, judging by Mario's hair and Toni's jumper, this must be from the same shoot as this:

@RealToniGarrn:

A8o9l_CICUAAEb_r.jpg

#itsawrap with the one and only Got a close look at the new @VogueSpain go and get it everyone, this one will sell FAST pic.twitter.com/bGaiooRI

she's so stunning; what went wrong? :(

What? The photographer and the magazine wanted this... It's not her fault (I'm no saying that you said that). The other model seems like this too... complete disappointment the whole thing. By the way, to me, its always a disappointment the Toni's shoot from Japan and Korea Vogue. To me they don't explore her beauty and the makeup and clothes are always awful, I feel sorry for her because she is stunning and deserve stunning shoots always!