Bellazon

Plug: The Babe Index

Memento Mori

• 4 weeks later...

I'm reposting this here because it's a good bet the perps are from this site as opposed to the other ones we "advertise" at;

We would just like to mention or remind everyone that the image/bage suggestion system servers only 2 purposes. The primary purpose is to add babes not already on the list and the secondary purpose is to allow people to add an image they would like to use for their list or just suggest a couple of images they think other users might be interested in. For the most part this seems to be working, but for some babes people are going way out of control. The purpose of this site is not to archive every angle of every photo ever taken of people (IE: Adriana Lima). Infact too many images for a single babe (she has over 250 now) makes it pratically impossible for someone interested in adding her to their list to pick a picture they really like because it takes 30 minutes to load her pictures. We certainly do not want to impose any artifical limits (we went to great efforts to reprogram the system to remove the original limits) but at some point we are going to have to start sanity checks. So please at least consider if the particular babe already has a lot of images (say, over 100 mnaybe) that you only be suggesting an image if its one you particularly want to use on your list. For now we are only posting this notice, we are not taking any actions or making any special codeing considerations, but keep in mind there are only a handfull of people managing all the data on this site and recently with so many members constantly adding images its becomming hard for them to keep up. Please do not email us right now about offering help in moderating images and such right now because we are still hard at work on making stuff on the site and don't have any good way of testing how trustworthy people are at this point. We will post notice when we have made more progress. Thanks for your help.

In summary: Only suggest pictures you want to use for your babelist. If you change your mind down the road that's perfectly acceptable, but submitting 10 at a time of the same babe just clogs up the system. Don't assume someone else might want to use one of your other images, leave that up to them.

Thanks!

• 5 years later...

I was going through my post history for no good reason and saw this. Figured what little updates I know about this site and its aborted successor would be of some limited interest. Plus any time I can necro-bump a thread from 2005 with a new on topic comment, it amuses me to do so.

As far as the original site went, it was taken down for intellectual property reasons after they received a cease and desist.

The guy(s) who made the original Babe Index eventually got real jobs - they were college students at the time I believe - and the main coder now works for Facebook. He now serves mostly as the person I complain to when I get sick of people sending me app requests. Anyway, on to the Babe Index - he and his friend were going to set up a new site with better coding (and Youtube-like ways to avoid and deal with copyright infringement) but the demands of their jobs forced them to put it on the backburner.

So, for anyone who liked the old site - like me - probly ain't gonna happen. Oh well.