Bellazon

Paulina Porizkova
Thumbnail

supermodel07

Great stuff red, thanks. You might want to change the resolution on your scanner and software as these are pretty big and aren't that clear when fully opened. These new scanners are always set on high but again, great stuff.

Hi Jal...my MAC automatically resizes pictures when they are fully opened, so higher resolution doesn't cause a problem. I am intentionally making these large and very HQ because I thought that this is what everyone wanted. I personally like images in the highest resolution possible for maximum detail...when I drag the fully opened image onto my MAC to save, it automatically resizes it but I still have the great detail and color quality. I need to know what is best...I can certainly lower the resolution some to make it easier for those with computers who don't automatically resize so all can enjoy...

I could use some feedback from some of the members on this topic...

Jal, your scans are always beautiful.

Thank you both Bill and Steve for weighing in. I'm glad you are enjoying what I'm posting. I agree with Bill that, if I download a picture and then save on my PC, the bigger ones are always better. If I were to just look at them on the screen, perhaps I would prefer smaller ones.

I have posted some smaller pics within a few of my existing posts from the last couple of days. Jal, please let me know if they are of a size that pleases you (I can make them smaller still if desired). :)

I still prefer to scan them big, but it takes very little effort for me to make them smaller, so if the size of what I've posted is OK, maybe I'll do both to please everyone.

This is why I really like this particular thread as we can share pictures and ideas. I'm currently using an HP flatbed and HP software to scan but then use Microsoft's Digital Image Pro to edit. Most of my Paulina stuff was done on an older flatbed that kind of fell apart more over use!

Thanks red, bill, kar and steve for your many contributions to this thread!

John, two other programs you might like: GIMP and IrfanView.

GIMP is a bit like a free Photoshop.

IrfanView is (I find) a really handy little utility, and absolutely one of my Windows favorites. It takes screenshots, resizes images, converts between image formats, has basic color/gamma adjustment, will thumbnail entire directories, and has many convenient functions on keyboard shortcut/hotkey assignment.

Here are their Wikipedia pages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irfanview

Dear Redhead, I personally like smaller pictures, becuse they do not take up much place and they are easier to see. But I think you should do whatever you are comfortable with.

Bill has given me a tip on how to save pictures by resizing. So I first save then resize them down to what I like. I created a file for big pictures and save them all in it, and when I have time I resize the pictures. Yes, it is a bit time consuming, but I must accept what the majority accepts. So there are no problems on my side. :wave: :wave:

However, I agree with Jal on that some very big pictures, I mean over 2,9 megabytes, open up very blurry or with a lot of dots and small lines. I think the best pictures come in 500bytes to 1mb.

Kar - thanks for sharing! I've never seen these pictures before - they are beautiful! :wave: :clap:

This magazine must have very thin pages...I sometimes find it helpful when I scan pages like this to put a darker colored piece of paper behind the page. That way, the picture on the other side doesn't "bleed" through.

On page 51, In addition to the super-huge scans I had already posted, I have now posted smaller HQ versions as well. Please Jal and snmkytkn (and any others who have an easier time with smaller size) take a peek let me know if these are good for you or if you would prefer them even a touch smaller. :wave:

On page 51, In addition to the super-huge scans I had already posted, I have now posted smaller HQ versions as well. Please Jal and snmkytkn (and any others who have an easier time with smaller size) take a peek let me know if these are good for you or if you would prefer them even a touch smaller. :wave:

(Y) I like this pics in your smaller versions, thanks 630redhead :hug:

nice quality and nice size, thanks :kiss: :kiss:

Thank you very very much... The size and quality are perfect indeed. :heart: