Bellazon

Paulina Porizkova
Thumbnail

supermodel07

Does anyone have HQ of this ad? I think it's the only time Paulina has appeared in a Chanel ad. The place I found this said it is from 1983. I've found it in a couple of times on the Internet, but have not found it in HQ or for sale...

post-18318-1205076872_thumb.png

have any advice on how to store all these scans? I don't think long-term storage on my Mac is the greatest idea...I do back-up periodically but I think I'm beginning to eat a lot of my 'puter's memory.

Yes, it's a problem. I don't know about the Mac in particular, but typically our machines like to have some headroom with which to work.

I wanted to archive some large files that would have been prohibitively costly to replace and finally bought an external drive. I chose a Seagate FreeAgent because Seagate had a good reputation and also the best warranty -- five years parts and labor. Since the industry "standard" seemed to be one year (even ninety days), I figured Seagate must expect these things to last. A 250GB drive was less than one hundred dollars, and I've been pleased with it. But I don't know about the Seagate's functionality with Macs.

If you're looking for a good online retailer for equipment like this, try

http://www.newegg.com/

I've had good experiences with NewEgg, and the user reviews are typically helpful.

For something that's very precious, you might also consider online storage services.

One thing I'd say to you about archiving is that digital is not infallible. Obviously there are disk crashes, but there is also corruption of stored data.