Bellazon

Paulina Porizkova
Thumbnail

supermodel07

Hi SympathySilhouette :wave:

On page 73 of this thread (Post #1451), I posted a page from Blender magazine on "Rock Gal Pals" - it contains the same picture but there is writing on the page, so I don't know if this is what you want. Take a look. If you would like me to scan again in better quality and repost, please let me know. I do not have just the picture with no writing on it though.

Thanks, the quality of your picture is excellent, but I'd also like it if someone who has it without any text could post it in HQ? :)

I found this small article in a New York magazine from mid-1993 - it is about Paulina's contract with Estee Lauder ending. I had no idea it ended this soon...she continued to appear in Estee Lauder ads until about mid-1995. They must have continued to use images of her they had already taken.

Her first son, Jonathan, was born November 4th 1993, so I wonder if this is why either she left or Estee Lauder decided not to renew her. Does anyone know?

post-18318-1279865495_thumb.jpg

I do remember reading about when Paulina's contract was up. One of the Estee Lauder executives said they had received a negative reaction from many people when they gave her that contract. Paulina had given some early interviews where she said things like "Modeling Sucks" and how much she did not like the job. Some people reacted negatively to this because they felt she was not grateful for making so much money and being a successful model. I especially remember a letter to the editor of People magazine after she had appeared in the magazine making the statement "Modeling Sucks". The letter to the editor was written by a women who was annoyed by Paulina's attitude and she actually said she would "boycott" any products Paulina endorsed. Unfortunately, I think people got the wrong impression of Paulina and she did have people who did not like her. She also criticized Hollywood after she made her first movie, and the people in Hollywood don't like to be criticized. Perhaps that is why she has not done very many movies, even though she is a good actress. Does anyone else remember reading any articles like these?

Hi Kellymo - Welcome to Paulina's thread. :wave:

Yes, Paulina's disdain for the modeling industry is pretty famous. I think she had a very hard time trying to police her own comments during her tenure with Estee Lauder, though I think she really did try. I personally think Paulina was the best model Estee Lauder ever had. She is so beautiful.

Thanks for the picture from her earlier years.

I do know how tall she is - 5'10" - so she is quite tall - I think she has a very long torso. I don't think her legs are short per-se, I just think they weren't as shapely in her early days. I think she grew into them later into her modeling career. Don't forget, she started at just 15 years old...she was still a child.

Hi Kellymo - Welcome to Paulina's thread. :wave:

Yes, Paulina's disdain for the modeling industry is pretty famous. I think she had a very hard time trying to police her own comments during her tenure with Estee Lauder, though I think she really did try. I personally think Paulina was the best model Estee Lauder ever had. She is so beautiful.

Thanks for the picture from her earlier years.

I do know how tall she is - 5'10" - so she is quite tall - I think she has a very long torso. I don't think her legs are short per-se, I just think they weren't as shapely in her early days. I think she grew into them later into her modeling career. Don't forget, she started at just 15 years old...she was still a child.

Thanks for the welcome Redhead! I did not realize Paulina was so young in those pictures. Yes, a teenagers body does change quite a bit, so I see that was not the body she eventually grew into. Thank you also for all the great pictures of Paulina. I had no idea she did so much work as a model!

I found this small article in a New York magazine from mid-1993 - it is about Paulina's contract with Estee Lauder ending. I had no idea it ended this soon...she continued to appear in Estee Lauder ads until about mid-1995. They must have continued to use images of her they had already taken.

Her first son, Jonathan, was born November 4th 1993, so I wonder if this is why either she left or Estee Lauder decided not to renew her. Does anyone know?

I do remember reading about when Paulina's contract was up. One of the Estee Lauder executives said they had received a negative reaction from many people when they gave her that contract. Paulina had given some early interviews where she said things like "Modeling Sucks" and how much she did not like the job. Some people reacted negatively to this because they felt she was not grateful for making so much money and being a successful model. I especially remember a letter to the editor of People magazine after she had appeared in the magazine making the statement "Modeling Sucks". The letter to the editor was written by a women who was annoyed by Paulina's attitude and she actually said she would "boycott" any products Paulina endorsed. Unfortunately, I think people got the wrong impression of Paulina and she did have people who did not like her. She also criticized Hollywood after she made her first movie, and the people in Hollywood don't like to be criticized. Perhaps that is why she has not done very many movies, even though she is a good actress. Does anyone else remember reading any articles like these?

:wave: Hi Kellymo-82! Welcome to Bellazon! No, except her usual statemenst "modeling sucks", nothing I´ve read about. She had been just too dishonest. How could such a young girl know how to pack this truth better in words?! Anyway, guess also if she would have known she wouldn´t have cared of and said it like her mouth was grown.

post-21846-1283521521_thumb.jpg

From Arthur Elgorts book "Model´s Manual".

:wave: Hi Kellymo-82! Welcome to Bellazon! No, except her usual statemenst "modeling sucks", nothing I´ve read about. She had been just too dishonest. How could such a young girl know how to pack this truth better in words?! Anyway, guess also if she would have known she wouldn´t have cared of and said it like her mouth was grown.

post-21846-1283521521_thumb.jpg

From Arthur Elgorts book "Model´s Manual".

Thanks for the welcome Missparker! I have actually been on Bellazon for a while, but this was the first post in Paulina's thread.

I actually think it was probably good that Paulina had that attitude about modeling because she never seemed to get messed up like some models did. Especially when they retire, they don't have anything else to do. So Paulina was smart to always plan to write so now she has another career.

After all the discussion going back and forth, I went back to a few of my magazines that I have not yet scanned...I found the following.

There must be a million pics from that session. Walter Iooss must have been very proud of that photo shoot!

From Sports Illustrated, Around the World with the Swimsuit Supermodels (close, but still not the same pic)

post-18318-1283558102_thumb.jpg

And thanks to Missparker, although I don't have Knockouts, I have a couple of other SI books and I found it. I scanned my pic, even though Jal also posted his (Thank you very much, kind sir - like a knight in shining armor on his trusty steed :ridinghorse: , always there when we need you! :kiss:)

I did make one modification to mine - I thought the original red border in the book was a bit jarring, so I changed it...

From Sports Illustrated, The Best of the Swimsuit Supermodels

post-18318-1283558248_thumb.jpg

After all the discussion going back and forth, I went back to a few of my magazines that I have not yet scanned...I found the following.

There must be a million pics from that session. Walter Iooss must have been very proud of that photo shoot!

From Sports Illustrated, Around the World with the Swimsuit Supermodels (close, but still not the same pic)

post-18318-1283558102_thumb.jpg

And thanks to Missparker, although I don't have Knockouts, I have a couple of other SI books and I found it. I scanned my pic, even though Jal also posted his (Thank you very much, kind sir - like a knight in shining armor on his trusty steed :ridinghorse: , always there when we need you! :kiss:)

I did make one modification to mine - I thought the original red border in the book was a bit jarring, so I changed it...

From Sports Illustrated, The Best of the Swimsuit Supermodels

post-18318-1283558248_thumb.jpg

Hi dear 630redhead! Does any of these S.I. books/mags. you have show a picture of my favourite model Renee Simonsen? I just bought this expensive "KNOCKOUTS" hoping to find a picture of her inside, but unfortunately nothing. :cry: Anyway it´s a great book with amazing shots. :p

Two pages from Allure magazine. The first is from an issue in the second half of 2002 - the year Kevyn Aucoin died :cry: . And the second is from another Allure issue but I do not know the month or year. The second, smaller picture refers to the March 1991 issue of Allure magazine. I posted it on page 37, post #731. Actually, I have to look at the scans, that is from before I learned how to use my scanner well - I might re-scan and repost if they are not good quality.

post-18318-1283617942_thumb.jpg post-18318-1283618011_thumb.jpg post-18318-1283618067_thumb.jpg