Bellazon

Paulina Porizkova
Thumbnail

supermodel07

...And just when I think I have seen pretty much all the Estee Lauder Gift With Purchase brochures there always seem to be more...here are five that are new to me - a fellow collector was kind enough to let me borrow and scan them. These scans are mine but the brochures are not...

Fall 1988

post-18318-1276646075_thumb.jpg post-18318-1276646295_thumb.jpg post-18318-1276646187_thumb.jpg

Spring 1989/Fall 1989

post-18318-1276646417_thumb.jpg post-18318-1276646512_thumb.jpg

Thank you, Readhead, you make me happy my day! Excellent acquisitions! How can you find new brochures from 20 years ago? Please tell me the secret! I don't buy any Paulina Pic's from one year ago. :-( But seeing this pic I think Paulina was the best Estee Lauder's model, although I recognize Hillary Rhoda is a good model too, she has the Estee Lauder elegance and glamour !

Thank you, Readhead, you make me happy my day! Excellent acquisitions! How can you find new brochures from 20 years ago? Please tell me the secret! I don't buy any Paulina Pic's from one year ago. :-( But seeing this pic I think Paulina was the best Estee Lauder's model, although I recognize Hillary Rhoda is a good model too, she has the Estee Lauder elegance and glamour !

Oh Xuxa, I am delighted to make your day happy. :hug: But I have to tell you - I have no secret. This ebay seller sold me a magazine with Paulina over a year ago and he put an Estee Lauder postcard in as an "extra" - so I contacted him to ask him if he had more Estee Lauder items. He told me yes, in his basement in a box. He told me he was going through his boxes very slowly and it might take weeks, months or even years before he found this one. I asked him to please remember me when he found the box. I e-mailed him once every 2-3 months to remind him I was very interested. As luck would have it, when he found the box, I had not e-mailed him in probably 4 months and he lost my e-mail address! (GRRRR.... <_< ) I saw the 1 brochure on ebay, so I bid on that one and contacted him. He told me he was hoping I'd see the auction but that he wanted to keep all but the duplicates he had, so we made a nice deal for his duplicates and he let me borrow five other brochures that he would not sell but that I had never seen before. So that is it - no secret, just happened to find the right person and was very careful to try to stay in touch with him. When I borrowed the brochures, I asked him to please remember me if he ever decides to sell his collection.

Anyway - long story but there is no magic. I am so envious of kalaudia for the one she found recently! I guess if we are all just patient enough, we will find more as time goes by. :kiss:

And WELCOME TXPink :wave: - I agree, Christmas at Estee Lauder is a wonderful time! Everything is all decked out so beautifully and the colors they bring out for Christmas are terrific for wearing to all the festivities!

Hi Red and Helenalover,

Thanks for the Cosmo scans. I especially like the first one as it grants deeper insight into the evolution of the New Lauder Face. I never knew that Eileen Ford

had this condescending attitude towards Paulina. Well, she hadn't signed with her, had she?

Thanks everyone for their post

Ive sent few mail one to each person

Hard year lately

Started end of year with a big infection on my teeth, followed eyes problem, teeth surgery and office moved me to other location plus last week I felt from a stair

So Apologise

I hope to come back as I want, I even tried to update renee facebook page but was not possible much

Ill try a bit this weekend

I know I owe mails to Red

But be patiente

I have a new check with the leg tomorrow

I send you all kiss and love to see the Paulina stuff here

Here is the facebook place

Hugs to all of you

Silvy

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Renee-Toft-S...17948641?ref=mf

Oh Silvana, I am so sorry to hear about your difficult year. Please know I am thinking of you and I hope things begin to look up for you.

Here is a video commercial I just found on YouTube - as far as I know it has never been posted. It is one of those funny little Asian ones that were so popular in the 80's and 90's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzaivFkOlVE...feature=related

Here is an Estee Lauder picture that was provided to me by a fellow Paulina collector. I have been told that it is a photo probably used on counter in a tester unit or a frame. Based on the look of the photo (makeup, hair, etc), I would say it is most likely from 1992 or 1993. I will leave this collector anonymous out of respect. This picture is not mine, nor did I scan it. I did clean it up a bit with my own software before posting...

Thank you to this collector for your kindness in sharing this rare picture... :wave:

post-18318-1277872131_thumb.jpg

Here is an Estee Lauder picture that was provided to me by a fellow Paulina collector. I have been told that it is a photo probably used on counter in a tester unit or a frame. Based on the look of the photo (makeup, hair, etc), I would say it is most likely from 1992 or 1993. I will leave this collector anonymous out of respect. This picture is not mine, nor did I scan it. I did clean it up a bit with my own software before posting...

Thank you to this collector for your kindness in sharing this rare picture... :wave:

post-18318-1277872131_thumb.jpg

THIS IS SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL

I know we all prefer the lovely fashion editorials and Estee Lauder ads, etc. but sometimes it's just fun to see Paulina out and about...

Here are some shots I found on the web from 2009 of her visit to the Mall at Millenia in Orlando Florida during Fashion Week. She must have visited on two separate days because there are two different outfits she wore. Here's the first batch-

post-18318-1278348450_thumb.jpg post-18318-1278348466_thumb.jpg post-18318-1278348488_thumb.jpg post-18318-1278348505_thumb.jpg post-18318-1278348529_thumb.jpg post-18318-1278348551_thumb.jpg

I found a new Estee Lauder ad!

At least it's new for me... I'd never seen it before. It's for some colors called A Blush of Pearls and according to the ad, it was for a collaboration between Bloomingdale's, Estee Lauder and Carolee pearls.

post-18318-1278548151_thumb.jpg