Bellazon

Games you are playing...

Guest quasicartes

16 minutes ago, VS19 said:

Thanks for the recommendation my friend. :)   Definitely one that'll be on my radar when it comes time to make another purchase.  

Also Red Dead Redemption 2 and Tomb Raiders (Tomb Raider,  Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider) are all must buys :smile:

On 12/1/2019 at 3:08 PM, VS19 said:

Anyone have any recommendations of some good PS4 games that I should check out?  Not all that familiar with what's been released on the platform the last few years.  :) 

All the games that were mentionned are good (particularly Jedi: Fallen order), and there's also God of War (2018), which is exclusive to PS4.

If you haven't played it yet, there's also the Witcher 3.

(The Order: 1886 is a beautiful game, but the duration is reaaaally short, just a couple of hours, so it's kind of a rip-off - I wished they made it longer, it's really a good concept)

38 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

All the games that were mentionned are good (particularly Jedi: Fallen order), and there's also God of War (2018), which is exclusive to PS4.

If you haven't played it yet, there's also the Witcher 3.

(The Order: 1886 is a beautiful game, but the duration is reaaaally short, just a couple of hours, so it's kind of a rip-off - I wished they made it longer, it's really a good concept)

Thanks for the recommendations.  :)  Tried Witcher 3  on Xbox One but it never seemed to want to install correctly on it.  Will definitely give it another go on the PS4.  The others are definitely also on my radar.  :) 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been working my way through HItman: The Definitive Edition with all of the free time here recently.  Was planning on diving into Resident Evil 3 here before too long, but not sure it's worth the full price for something that's said to be so short.  Will probably begin delving into The Witcher 3 or take a flier on either Jedi: Fallen Order or Final Fantasy VII Remake.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 11:37 PM, VS19 said:

Been working my way through HItman: The Definitive Edition with all of the free time here recently.  Was planning on diving into Resident Evil 3 here before too long, but not sure it's worth the full price for something that's said to be so short.  Will probably begin delving into The Witcher 3 or take a flier on either Jedi: Fallen Order or Final Fantasy VII Remake.

I would most certainly advocate waiting for a decent deal before scooping a copy of Fallen Order. It was very evident, having played through for an hour or so, that it was kicked through the door about six months before it was ready, presumably by EA. Not to say that there isn't some fun to be had, but there were just so many bugs, glitches and weird texture problems that I would have to believe Respawn, given the time to do so, would have polished up before release.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yep and also Dark Souls, because of the level design, the fighting mechanics (except this game is more of a range based fighting) and a couple of other features too.

Fallout (when it's at its peak - like 1, 2 and New Vegas), RDR2 and Deus Ex are among my favorite games :bounce:

Is it true that Dark Souls is ridiculously hard? :idk:

All great games, but you forgot Fallout 76 :nicole::nicole::nicole:

1 hour ago, Matt! said:

Is it true that Dark Souls is ridiculously hard? :idk:

It's not that hard. I'm not an expert on Dark Souls, but I played it at some friend's and I found it much easier than Sekiro (which I played from A to Z and I loved it). You can have ranged attacks with Dark Souls which is not the case in Sekiro (except for the Shurikens, but they're pretty week). In Sekiro, you either use your katana or you die :laugh:

Anyway, I like the fact that these games are not super easy. They give you challenges that make you learn and progress. It's better than games where you just have to smash the attack button.

I feel that Sekiro is just like music, each ennemy has their own rhythm, you just have to find it and follow it. Since you don't have the partition, you just have to listen and find it. It really reminds me of Japanese martial arts teachings. :bounce:

If you want to start a game from "From Software", you have to be persistant, watch and learn by yourself. Then, when you master the technique (you will, eventually), the game becomes thrilling and orgasmic (that's an understatement BTW :laugh:)

1 hour ago, Matt! said:

All great games, but you forgot Fallout 76 :nicole::nicole::nicole:

:yucky::yucky::yucky: The biggest scam of all times.

4 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

s not that hard. I'm not an expert on Dark Souls, but I played it at some friend's and I found it much easier than Sekiro (which I played from A to Z and I loved it). You can have ranged attacks with Dark Souls which is not the case in Sekiro (except for the Shurikens, but they're pretty week). In Sekiro, you either use your katana or you die :laugh:

Anyway, I like the fact that these games are not super easy. They give you challenges that make you learn and progress. It's better than games where you just have to smash the attack button.

I feel that Sekiro is just like music, each ennemy has their own rhythm, you just have to find it and follow it. Since you don't have the partition, you just have to listen and find it. It really reminds me of Japanese martial arts teachings. :bounce:

If you want to start a game from "From Software", you have to be persistant, watch and learn by yourself. Then, when you master the technique (you will, eventually), the game becomes thrilling and orgasmic (that's an understatement BTW :laugh:)

Okay, interesting!

I did some Googling "Hardest games of all time" etc etc and Dark Souls made it to most of of lists (usually in top10). Here's one for example: https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/from-dark-souls-to-this-is-sekiro-the-hardest-game-ever-made-1.839859

From what I read Sekiro is really hard too :bounce:https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/from-dark-souls-to-this-is-sekiro-the-hardest-game-ever-made-1.839859

8 hours ago, Matt! said:

Okay, interesting!

I did some Googling "Hardest games of all time" etc etc and Dark Souls made it to most of of lists (usually in top10). Here's one for example: https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/from-dark-souls-to-this-is-sekiro-the-hardest-game-ever-made-1.839859

From what I read Sekiro is really hard too :bounce:https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/from-dark-souls-to-this-is-sekiro-the-hardest-game-ever-made-1.839859

Sekiro is kinda hard, at first, but not that hard. It's just like music, the more you practice, the better you get. Then, when you master your instrument, it's just awesome :bounce:

@Matt! I finally bought Remnant: from the ashes. Great game :bounce: It has a couple of minor flaws (it's from an indie studio), but very very enjoyable. I like the gameplay, very original. I like that it's not just melee weapons like many "Souls like" games. The game can be challenging at times, but the fact that you can do ranged attacks makes it much more forgiving that a pure "Souls like" game (like Sekiro).

• 2 weeks later...