Bellazon

NHL

Capt Snow

From what I gather of what was reported it was Chayka (sp?) from Zona that really initiated the trade talk with Holland, but this is why Holland is the best, trading your pick to move down 4 and a huge contract for 2 picks and a player :chicken: I wish Fletcher could do that

Toronto won't sign Stammer there's no room anymore for him, I could see him go to Buffalo, all the pieces are there and he can lead those young pups :ninja: 

:ohdear:

BROSSARD, Quebec—In the aftermath of defenceman P.K. Subban being traded to the Nashville Predators, text messages and tweets poured in.

The first text that came in struck a chord.

“This can’t be real,” said a social worker at the Montreal Children’s Hospital, her office mere steps from the atrium that bears Subban’s name.

“There’s going to be a lot of crying children here,” she added. “It’s not just the donation he made. He showed up here unannounced all the time, he developed relationships with them, brightened their lives. He was a God to them.”

Subban seemingly had that effect on almost everyone in Montreal.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/subbans-community-presence-makes-tough-act-follow/

Nashville basically traded Shea Weber & Seth Jones for Ryan Johansen & P.K. Subban.

Nashville has Subban, Josi, Ekholm, and Ellis as their top 4. Subban is 27 and the others are all 25. That is an awesome young D corp.

I would've traded Shea Weber too because he's turning 31 this year and has a lot of miles on him and will start to decline in about 2-3 years. Weber also has a terrible contract. P.K. is just coming into the prime of his career and is signed for 6 more years.

I just hope Nashville doesn't get screwed by Weber's contract though. He'll probably end up on LTIR with a mystery injury towards at the end of his career.

Screen_Shot_2016-06-29_at_5.20.33_PM.0.p

7 hours ago, Limerlight said:

Depends on Montreal, if he's effective at 38-40 they'll tell him to play, if he's not then they'll tell him to retire as montreal doesn't care

Look at what happened with Pronger. He hasn't suited up for 4 years and is still on LTIR and he's basically retired, but is still able to collect a paycheck because he hasn't retired. Arizona traded for Pronger's contract last year to help them get to the salary cap floor. Pronger will officially retire when his contract ends after this upcoming season. It's a win win for both parties.

It's salary cap circumvention imo, but no one says anything about it though.

1 hour ago, Stromboli1 said:

Look at what happened with Pronger. He hasn't suited up for 4 years and is still on LTIR and he's basically retired, but is still able to collect a paycheck because he hasn't retired. Arizona traded for Pronger's contract last year to help them get to the salary cap floor. Pronger will officially retire when his contract ends after this upcoming season. It's a win win for both parties.

It's salary cap circumvention imo, but no one says anything about it though.

Pronger is different, he has a legitimate case of Post Concussion syndrome and has constant headaches and has not been medically cleared by anyone even in the slightest to be able to resume hockey activities, plus with LTIR you have to get tested ~1 a year min iirc and prove that the injury still exists through a physical, granted it could be faked but something would have to seriously happen to Weber, even then LTIR is the best thing the Preds hope for as if he doesn't retire there's no recapture against them

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Limerlight said:

God dam Matthews.

He's a good player, I just wish Toronto didn't get him

The NHL rigged the draft lottery for Toronto & let them tank too. The trades near the deadline were crap and the NHL allowed them. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...