Bellazon

NHL

Capt Snow

Hey, Limer I meant to ask. I know I'm not a hockey expert but I know you say you hate Crosby because he doesn't smash guys against the glass I think? But I'm thinking you should forgive him :ninja: because it seems to me that its really hard to score in hockey so if you can score points all should be forgiven right :unsure::ninja: :ninja: :ninja: ?

There's many reasons I dislike Crosby Joe.

It's not the fact that he doesn't hit people into the boards, I can live with that. Many players like Ales Hemsky of the Oilers, Marion Gaborik of the Rangers etc.. you rarely see hit because they are more skilled players.

The main reasons are though, he continuously whines and complains to the refs the second he gets touched by any opposing player. His defensive skills are subpar at best. His offensive skills while are top notch, he always seems to be out of the high traffic area's until the puck is lying right there and some other play has done it first. But what really irks me, is he's not that great of a leader! Yet he's the captain of the team. :wacko: There have been young great leaders, Steve Yzerman and currently Jonathon Toews of the Blackhawks.

All in all, the fact Crosby is a fairly one dimensional player and the fact he whines more then a newborn baby, and is the face of the NHL :cain: is the problems. :)

And it's not all about points either Joe. Look at the Washington Capitals. The highest scoring team in the league this year kicked out first round of the playoffs by a great defensive team. Just like in Football, defense wins Championships.

Well, now I see why you don't like him then (seeing as how I misinterpretted the other as the grievance when as you explained its less necessary the more skilled you are (?)). But whinning is inexcusable as well as avoiding traffic in a contact sport. To tell the truth, I maybe overlooked defense in hockey (not saying it wasn't important), but I assumed defense was more important in higher scoring games I guess (i.e, the easier it is to score the more important defense and the harder it is to score, the more important offense). Seeing as how to a beginner viewer like me it appears as though everyone has great defense because there's so little scoring :laugh: ! But it all comes down to having to take the scoring as relative to the sport rather than subconsciously comparing to other sports because you can't compare obviously. So, nevermind, I release you from having to forgive him :) .

Interesting discussion you could have about philly and deserving it.

They so totally do :p they have used like 9 goalies this season. Michael Leighton (the starter now) was claimed off waivers by Philly. They do deserve to be here, pres-season they were pick to be here in the cup finals but with emery in net. The team is top notch, the goaltending just needs to hold and it'll be a tremendous series.

And @ Joe It happens. Hockey defense is more then meets the eye. ;)

They so totally do

Eh, truthfully, I just don't like the Philly's. I don't know. Something about them just... turns me off. :p

But, I guess you could say there has been definite team progression in the Philly's since the beginning of the season, so, it would be really interesting to see them win.

Oh, and, Limer, about the Sid Crosby thing (Yes, I read all of you and Joe's conversation abovee), total agreed. ;)

Well, we know how Philly has been playing their series based on the playoffs, so, how knows? :idk:

but how many times can they keep that up . . . I think they had their 15 minutes with the Boston series.

Well, we know how Philly has been playing their series based on the playoffs, so, how knows? :idk:

but how many times can they keep that up . . . I think they had their 15 minutes with the Boston series.

If richards wakes up (like i expect him to do) they'll take game 3.

Usually how this goes is the team up 2-0 loses game 3 so i've seen a ton. then win game 4. we'll see though. I think philly will force 5, atleast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...