Bellazon

Forbes 15 Richest Supermodels!

Sam12

Because shes no longer a model and this is about models ??!!

Credit to orignal poster.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../wforbes116.xml

When did this list come out? I believe it's fairly new. There was another list that came out earlier this year (during the time all the major lists came out like richest celebrities, moguls, etc.) where they listed the Richest Models in the world. Gisele was still in the top but Tyra was 2nd and Heidi was 3rd. There were also other veterans like Cindy (who lends her name to designer furniture or something like that) and Claudia who made that list.

This list is different. It's only the richest in the last year. So there you go.

Tyra prolly didn't make much in the past 12 months. Or yeah, maybe they don't count her as a "model" anymore. Which would still be odd because they did earlier this year.

Oh well .. Whatever .. I was just surprised. :laugh:

Kiri Blakely interview about The World's Top-Earning Models and new faces on Forbes.com on July 16, 2007

Author: DJSoundWave

Type: avi file

Size: 12 MB

Media length: 00:05:22

Video size: 320 x 240

Video: DIVX 320x240 30.00fps

Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 22050Hz mono 64Kbps

File name: The World's Top-Earning Models.avi

The World's Top-Earning Models Special Report

link is below:

The World's Top-Earning Models Movie

Enjoy :-)

Me either. :idk: No shocker there who topped it there of course it was Gisele. Do they even have to do a list to find out who's making the most money its a given its Gisele and it will be for at least another three years :p. Or until Gemma gains weight and becomes more commercial appealing.

I will never ever get the appeal of Gisele. She's one of the LEAST attractive models. Is it just really good management. I mean, I know media hype helped her profile, considering her relationship with A-list actor, Leo Dicaprio. That definately lifted her profile. But, I can't figure the likes of me why? I mean, she isn't the most popular model...it's not fans or the general public that's driving her career. It has got to be the media...in the same way that the media is driving the careers of Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton etc. It's all media/industry hype.

Gisele makes more money than Alex Rodriguez!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_6394959?source=rss

How does she make 3x more money than anyone else? :idk: She doesn't work for VS anymore. Is it the shoe deal?

Meanwhile, Heidi has two hit TV shows, a jewelry line that keeps being sold out, contracts with VS, Jordache, Braun and Birkenstock and is about to launch her own cosmetics line. I guess (except for VS) that's not where the money is.

well Gisele used to work for VS only about 2 months back, so dont forget that this is pretty much covering the past 12 months or so. VS has paid her a lot, probably more so than any other model they have, so a bulk of her money comes from there. Plus she also has a very successful shoe line in Brazil I think? Also she is in big campaigns like for YSL Fall 2007 and other stuff, so it makes sense. But yeah 33 million is a gigantic amount, I wish she shared it with me :laugh: Good for her though, she was the highest paid supermodel in like 2000 or whatever and cant believe she is still the highest paid even after 7 years or so.

You might never get the appeal of Gisele but the industry certainly does or else they would not let her make a ridiculous amount of money. Sure blame it on the media for overhyping her. But its the people who believe it so we are all to blame. :p

I will never ever get the appeal of Gisele. She's one of the LEAST attractive models. Is it just really good management. I mean, I know media hype helped her profile, considering her relationship with A-list actor, Leo Dicaprio. That definately lifted her profile. But, I can't figure the likes of me why? I mean, she isn't the most popular model...it's not fans or the general public that's driving her career. It has got to be the media...in the same way that the media is driving the careers of Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton etc. It's all media/industry hype.

just because YOU don´t get her appeal...? Yeah, blame it on the media...if you sleep better like that, it´s ok ;) :wave:

Im pretty sure Kate moss got most of her money from the drug thing that went all over those magazines, and Heidi because of Project Runway.

"Kate Moss, is an iconic English supermodel and fashion designer" - She didn´t get money from any drug thing :D It just helped her to be more famous :) she´s got huge contracts, she´s famous all over Europe too...even in Slovakia! She´s much more than just a "model", she´s an icon, a muse, a business woman and knows how to work the fashion world...she moves it still :)

I will never ever get the appeal of Gisele. She's one of the LEAST attractive models.

OK !!! its your opinion. :morning:

Is it just really good management. I mean, I know media hype helped her profile, considering her relationship with A-list actor, Leo Dicaprio. That definately lifted her profile. But, I can't figure the likes of me why? I mean, she isn't the most popular model...it's not fans or the general public that's driving her career. It has got to be the media...in the same way that the media is driving the careers of Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton etc. It's all media/industry hype.

so was you surprised when they told you your IQ score is below 0 ?!! post-11703-0-1446014036-79827_thumb.gif

Good that Gemma, Daria and Hilary are on this list. But then my question is-if Anja Rubik is also Estee Lauder face as Hilary, why she's not on the list? And Jessica Stam? Does she has a big cosmetic contract or just earned so much because she appeared in so many shows and ads? And I thought that Doutzen has more money, because I read somewhere that she has 6 million dollars. And one more-Kate was in so many campaigns in past 2 years, I thought that she also earned more money.

• 4 weeks later...
the reason why tranvesti gisele has a lot of money is because she owns a shoe store in brazil + model work= 33 millions.

Correction...she allowed her names to be imprinted in the shoes themselves..she doesn't own a shoe store. Also you think Cindy earned the title of richest supermodel in her time by sitting on her pretty little behind? No, she was a businesswoman and a damn good one. And as far as I'm concerned Gisele is just as smart.

And like said before..its good management, and perfect timing...but also talent. If she didn't have it..she would've been thrown out by the industry a long time ago. ;)