Bellazon

Monika Jagaciak
Thumbnail

kadu

It seems to me that she's kind of done with HF work, or at least she's slowly distancing herself from it. I miss her in editorials and shows as well, but after working in HF for so many years I can't blame her for wanting less but maybe more remunerative commercial jobs (I guess). Do you know how much VS pays for catalog jobs?

While I do miss her in fashion week and doing more things, I think that ship has sailed for Jac. One shoot for VS catalog pays a lot more than the whole of Fashion week together. Jac started modeling when she was 13, she's 21 now ... I can see why she doesn't want to work as much anymore.She has money already and she's at a point in her career where designers/photographers know her already and will book her whether she walks a show or not, fashion week and the whole HF world is actually very exhausting.

Fashion week is for basic bitches, not for those who have connections and loyal clients like Jac. Especially when one of your loyal clients is VS (one of the biggest paychecks) and you have one of the most exclusive beauty contracts.

^ Yeah, I do understand that, Jac wants to keep it calm and work for VS (and other comercial brands) that pays a lot more than any other HF brand, but that doesn't change the fact she is missed at D&G, Chanel, Valentino, Zuhair Murad, Versace and Elie Saab runways.  :idk: She has one of the best walks  :wub:

Runway aside, there's also not that many campaigns for her this season.

THIS! I know there's some work with Chanel coming (because of her IG), but no more else. However, she's not used to update on her IG all what she's working in, so we have to wait if new campaigns to appear. 

Isn't she in Tommy H? If you look at it, most of models from Jac's generation are very low in campaigns this season (Frida, CNB, Lindsay W, etc), mostly because they are either burned already or because they all have their set of loyal clients. Most of campaigns this season went to the old veterans (Gisele,Poly, Isabeli, Adriana all got at least two campaigns this season) and only a couple of younger girls were featured.

I agree Jac is very missed on the runway because her walk is amazing, she was always a dream in Elie Saab and Valentino :heart: But again, I can see why she's done with it.

I hope to see her in some HF campaigns as well, but at this point it is her choice. Like Claudia said, she doesn't need to do it and it is well known that commercial work is where all the $$$ is (especially for brands like VS). These days many commercial models will have a season when they go back to the runway for a few blue chip shows and get a campaign out of it, just to keep their profile up. I'm sure we'll see her do that in the next couple years. But fashion week is a game for either young/new girls trying to get a big break or very high-profile models; there's not a lot of inbetween tbh.

It seems to me that she's kind of done with HF work, or at least she's slowly distancing herself from it. I miss her in editorials and shows as well, but after working in HF for so many years I can't blame her for wanting less but maybe more remunerative commercial jobs (I guess). Do you know how much VS pays for catalog jobs?

Re: how much VS pays: it's suuuuper hard to say because it probably depends on what the pictures will be used for (website vs. catalog vs. special campaign, etc...you see where I'm going here). It also depends on the model being hired since their agency will negotiate their individual rate. But I would guess (and this is a guess, I could be totally off here so grain of salt) that VS would pay Jac a few thousand per shoot, though I don't know how much of that she would actually take home after taxes and commissions. But in general catalog work and brand ambassador jobs are where models will make much of their salary; editorials and HF pay barely anything/get away with doing so because it is "exposure."

I know as a fact that Vogue does not pay for editorials and if Vogue doesn't pay, I'm sure 90% of other magazines don't pay either, that's why models do little editorials. Is just not worth it, better go and shoot for VS/H&M/Express and get paid for half of the work you need to do for a HF editorial

It basically works the way champagnebrulee described. No model in her right mind turns down a Vogue editorial, and especially a cover.  The same way the editorials advertise the clothes to the public, they advertise the models to the directors who choose girls for major campaigns.  The more times a girl is inside or on the cover of the major fashion magazines, even for little to no pay, the more likely she'll get a major campaign.  Girls who become staples of V.S. early on don't have to worry about that as much, because V.S. pays so well and is great exposure alone, but even Candace is non-exclusive and will occasionally be in a major, non-V.S. campaign.  At one point I remember reading in the Forbes list that Adriana was making $5 million a year, and I believe that included all of her work, V.S. and everything else.

Actually I just found the link: http://www.forbes.com/models/

So that's how the modelling world works.

BTW, I heard Frida wants to get into acting, Toni Garrn already has, and the Forbes list that I read says Lindsey Wixson makes 3 million, excluding taxes. Is CNB Caroline Nielson Brasch?

It seems like the trend is to go into acting after modelling.

From what  I've heard from Monika's Interviews, I surmised that she has OCNN ie. Obsessive Compulsive Need for Normality. (and yes, it's a joke.)

VS too underpays their models (Ed has admitted that in one interview). But they can do so because there is a huge demand to be a VS girl and it also brings a ton of exposure. They also develop their girls, teach them how to interact with media and that is very valuable.

From what  I've heard from Monika's Interviews, I surmised that she has OCNN ie. Obsessive Compulsive Need for Normality. (and yes, it's a joke.)

I'll use this since now, is so accurate xD!

I could totally see new girls that V.S. is "trying out" not getting paid very much.  Good point ')

But I think VS is not trying out Jac anymore, she's a catalog regular.  :idk: