Bellazon

Monika Jagaciak
Thumbnail

kadu

post-85243-0-1446176937-90711_thumb.jpg

Lol. Woah? Seriously? Where she was last 10 years? Profit - the only goal of any business and all involved in this business. Neither your health or even your appearance (if we are talking about the fashion business) there is nobody cares. Anyone who would argue the opposite - brazenly lying. When Ms. Jagaciak defiantly slams the YSLs door, I'll be the first to stand up and shout "Bravo, Monika!", but now I can only say: "To bark at Elephant this Pug must be a real strong mug!" )

^10 years ago Monika was 10 years old kid. It's quite unfair to criticize models for not being vocal about the problematic issues regarding world of fashion, when majority of them are easily replaceable cloth hangers and far bigger players remain silent or they are tiptoeing around the topic.

Please don't forget she started as 13-year old girl, and she herself experienced the harsh industry standards when number of her HF jobs plummeted as her body developed into more womanly shape.

I don't think her tweet is an example of an extraordinary courage, but it's definitely uncommon for a model to be so openly critical about fashion's sick approach towards weight.

I don't think that 13 yo Monika weighed significantly more than 40. She made a name for herself and career thanks to her youth and thinness. I don't recall that she ever resented this fact. And now she's seen the light? Very conveniently. Why now? Why not 5 years ago? And finally it's quite unfair to criticize something prominent part which you yourself are. If she is really so concerned about the poor girls, she must sever all contracts and go to the monastery to atone for sins. Otherwise it looks very ugly, much like Obama, ranting about world peace.

O, yes I forgot 15 years old kids are totally capable of critical thinking and not easily impressionable. And how exactly can you blame a girl she took her chance and benefited from her genetics - hate thevgame not the player.

And comparing model complaining about weight of other models to a politician responsible for bombing other countries is just laughable.

She's giving her opinion, and that's what I like about her, she just doesn't keep her mouth shut when she considers that something is wrong, as in this case, a brand that promotes unhealthy weight for models.

I love our sets :D

I don't think that 13 yo Monica weighed significantly more than 40. She made a name for herself and career thanks to her youth and thinness. I don't recall that she ever resented this fact. And now she's seen the light? Very conveniently. Why now? Why not 5 years ago? And finally it's quite unfair to criticize something prominent part which you yourself are. If she is really so concerned about the poor girls, she must sever all contracts and go to the monastery to atone for sins. Otherwise it looks very ugly, much like Obama, ranting about world peace.

5 years ago she was like what, 15? I hardly doubt she even knew what the whole world of fashion was about. I think that for people to hear you you need to establish yourself first - the stronger the voice, the better. Now she is older, experienced, succesful model that can openly speak about these issues and make a difference if she wants to. 5 years ago, no one would hear her, and no one would listen to her. And no one would give a fuck about what some teenager says.

If you ask me, it´s not unfair to critize something you´re a part of - exactly the opposite - it is always a healthy thing to bring up discussion about issues you feel important to talk about. Especially if it´s something you´re attached to very closely.

My point of view :)

All right. Teenager would really be difficult to knockin' on heaven's door. And really cool that one of the top models drew public attention to this problem. But it seems to me to make such statements in the morning and in the evening to propose a new Victoria's riddle is not very logical. What is really matter for YSL as fashion brand? Money! What is really matter for Monika as fashion model? Money. Was it good for business use flat-chested nymphets to advertise their products? Yes, it's good. So what exactly Monika's tweet mean? Nothing. She is celebrity and need a publicity. That's all.

^ there, you're being mean and ridiculous.

as Jennka and Olga said, 5 years ago she was a impressionable teenager, a girl who needed to book important brands to have a name, and who though 40kg was ok to be in the industry. (I'm psychologist and work with teens, they're susceptible to follow ridiculous standards just to be accepted). Now she's older, she's more matture, she understands that an standard of 40kg is not ok... not because it's bad if the contexture of a girl makes her to be that way, there are girls who are 40kg because that's their metabolism, but there are girls whose body doesn't work that way and starve themselves to walk for YSL (to give an example), new models as she once was, who are hurting themselves to fit into a standard and think it's ok if it makes you book important brands. And C'mon! I don't believe Monika made that tweet to get publicity, to finish:

e1177ad7465f71af8b41c1a80c095f6e_normal. Monika Jac Jagaciak @JacMonikaJac · 5h

Hey, Put out the fire please. As they say dont shit where You eat. I do work in this bussines,but I also can difference skinny from extreme

that's all.

She's giving her opinion, and that's what I like about her, she just doesn't keep her mouth shut when she considers that something is wrong, as in this case, a brand that promotes unhealthy weight for models.

I love our sets :D

We're almost twins  :gocho:  :ddr:

e1177ad7465f71af8b41c1a80c095f6e_normal. Monika Jac Jagaciak @JacMonikaJac · 5h

As they say dont shit where You eat. I do work in this bussines,but I also can difference skinny from extreme

It is too early to shout "Bravo", but this is better. But questions remained. Who will decide that the extreme, and what not? Monika? I don't think so. The consumers will decide. Should brands go on about the basest inclinations of their clients? Probably not, but they go. Why? Money. It was always and so will a very long time. And no one can resist it. Especially Monika. Especially in such a vulgar way.

Seriously? are you saying 40kg isn't a extreme for a girl who is (taking into account the height standard of the models) at least 1.70m? make yourself a favor and look for a height/weight chart, please. Look! here you have one: ++

post-64088-0-1446176949-74662_thumb.gif

As I find this conversation really pointless, I mean we all now when thin is too thin, (kudos to her for saying it all loud and don't starve herself) I'm going to post a new campaign so we can change topics

COMMA F/W 2014

post-61647-0-77797700-1404240704_thumb.j

enjoy  ;)