Bellazon

CUP OF NATIONS - XII

Prettyphile

Every year, I usually organize a competition known as either the "Cup of Nations" or the "Cup of Continents." In this competition, the focus is on forming teams of either 3 or 5 individuals who are either from the same country or the same continent. However, I add a unique twist to the competition by introducing Handicaps and Bonuses for each model to ensure fairness and balance in the game.

----

Cup of Nations: 

My aim is to level the playing field and ensure fairness in our pairings (or at least try). We understand that sometimes matchups can be blatantly unfair due to various factors, such as the popularity of a model. Therefore, I've have designed a double knockout tournament format to give every participant at least two chances to succeed, while also introducing Handicaps and Bonuses based on several critical factors.

1. Round Robin Double Knockout:

• Each team will go through at least two rounds of elimination.
    • All participants start normally in the competition.
    • Handicaps and Bonuses for each model based on:
      • Their current popularity (or growing popularity) on Bellazon.
      • Past performance in competitions (I have status going back 10 years on many of the popular and lesser known models)
      • Whether they are a new or established model.
      • The size and activity of their threads (if applicable).
      • Social Media popularity
      • Discord opinions
  2. Consolation Rounds:

• If you lose in the initial round, you won't be immediately eliminated. Instead, you'll be moved to Consolation Round 1.
    • In Consolation Round 1, if you lose again, you are knocked out of the competition.
    • However, if you win in Consolation Round 1, you get another chance in the second Consolation round.
  3. Second Consolation Round:

• Winners of the second Consolation round will face off against Round 2 losers.

In essence, this double knockout tournament ensures that even if you lose once, you still have a shot at winning the competition. The introduction of Handicaps and Bonuses based on various factors ensures that matchups are as fair as possible, considering the unique circumstances of each model. We want to provide opportunities for participants to come back through the back door (dirty) and actually have a chance to win

Handicaps & Bonuses:

A vs. A – no handicaps or bonuses

A vs. B – 15% handicap, +10% bonus

A vs. C – 25% handicap, +15% bonus

A vs. D – 30% handicap, +20% bonus

B vs. B – no bonuses or handicaps

B vs. C – 15% handicap, +10% bonus

B vs. D – 20% handicap, +15% bonus

C vs. C – no handicaps or bonuses

C vs. D – 15% handicap, +10% bonus

D vs. D – no handicaps or bonuses

Teams:

Teams will be formed by grouping three models from the same country together.

Each model can join a maximum of 3 teams on a first-come, first-served basis.

If I have missed anyone, or there is someone you'd like on the list, send me a PM

NOTE

In certain countries, there is a limited availability of models. Therefore, I may need to adjust the number of people allowed to form teams from these countries, such as Saudi Arabia, unless we can identify additional models who are not currently listed. For countries where we have an abundance of models, like the United States, France, and Germany, a maximum limit of three teams per country is already in effect.

Pictures:

Please ensure that for each model on your team, you provide four VERTICAL pictures. Each image must meet a minimum size of 200x300 pixels and should be of the highest possible quality. If you are unable to find suitable pictures, I will assist you in locating them; however, please be aware that the selection I make might not align with your preferences. Check modeling agencies, they generally have HQ pictures, or the models threads.

In the past, @lostdiadem has kindly offered her expertise in finding and resizing pictures. If you approach her politely and she has the availability, she may be willing to assist you. Lost, I completely understand if you have other commitments or limitations on your time and energy. I will adjust this guidance based on your feedback.

TEAMS

128/128

NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED :chicken:

RECAP:

Teams will be formed by grouping three models from the same country together.

Each model can join a maximum of 3 teams on a first-come, first-served basis.

If I have missed anyone, or there is someone you'd like on the list, send me a PM

If I haven't tagged you, but you'd like to makes teams, feel free to do so! Alternatively, if you prefer to participate by just voting, that's fine as well. Everyone is welcome to join in.

COMPLETED TEAMS

Images resized

Filters added

Good to go :chicken:

128/128

11 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Does the letter rank of each model matter?

Brazil
Alessandra Ambrosio (A)
Adriana Lima (C)
Gisele Bundchen (C)

Nope, not at all. Just shows potential bonuses/handicaps depending on who they go against.

22 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Brazil
Alessandra Ambrosio (A)
Adriana Lima (C)
Gisele Bundchen (C)

South Africa
Candice Swanepoel (A)
Kyla Amy Pletts (B)
Nicole Meyer (C)

USA
Marisa Miller (A)
Hannah Ferguson (B)
Abby Champion (C)

Israel
Edeen Fines (A)
Mishel Micheev (C)
Taya Krav (C)

Iran:

Kimiya Hoseini (B)

Negin Haghdost (B)

Maryam Zolghadr (C)

Russia:

Kristina Sheiter (A)

Irina Shayk (B)

Veronika Istomina (B)

Brazil:
Nathalya Cabral (A)

Bruna Lirio (B)
Rafaella Consentino (D)

US:

Celine Farach (B)

Christen Harper (A)

Maya Turmalina (C)

43 minutes ago, Grievous said:

I'm utterly confused. Are we choosing teams now?

You said 3 models from the same country. So countries with only 1 model are automatically not eligible?

The listed models for a particular country are based on my findings from threads on BZ. I collected data from 56 pages of models at that time, so there could be more models from these countries that I didn't include. You are more then welcomed to search for additional models from any locations, and yes, you can begin making your teams.

4 hours ago, selyoink said:

How does it work when the country only has one model?

The listed models for a particular country are based on my findings from threads on BZ. I collected data from 56 pages of models at that time, so there could be more models from these countries that I didn't include. You are more then welcomed to search for additional models from any locations.