Bellazon

I heard that Adriana's VS contract will be not renew... just like Gisele.

matrixbella

I think Adri pretty much shot herself in the foot with the whole GQ thing, but I guess any publicity is good.

And yes, her English skills isn't great but I think it is more that she lack the poise and and charisma. I think those are the main reasons why VS isn't using her in many of their promos. When they do, other models or VS' PR always accompanies her.

I think Adri pretty much shot herself in the foot with the whole GQ thing, but I guess any publicity is good.

And yes, her English skills isn't great but I think it is more that she lack the poise and and charisma. I think those are the main reasons why VS isn't using her in many of their promos. When they do, other models or VS' PR always accompanies her.

Well, she did. However, I was watching an interview she did at the Spiderman 3 Premiere today. Several things struck me.

First, she's been to a whole lot of premieres and the like in recent weeks. Probably more so than she did in the whole of 2006.

Second, her voice - it is a lot deeper (but not sore throat-esque) and she was speaking noticably slower than in the past. As if she was concentrating on what she said.

Thirdly, what she said. The interviewer asked her if she had ever been to Queens before (daft question!). She replied, "I have got a funny story about that". That's a choice phrase - the reason people say that in media interviews and on the likes of Letterman is it suddenly gets the undivided attention of the questioner. Funny stories have punchlines. Punchlines come at the end, so the interviewer wont interrupt till the person has finished speaking. The clever part is, it doesn't matter if the reply is funny or not. The reason I know this is because I have had media training.

Given that Adriana has (a) got herself out there more, (b) worked on her english and © seems to have had work on her handling of the media, and I should point out that now not working in the role I once was I am making as much of an educated guess at everyone else, it could be that VS are going to try and elevate Adriana's profile again.

Well, she did. However, I was watching an interview she did at the Spiderman 3 Premiere today. Several things struck me.

First, she's been to a whole lot of premieres and the like in recent weeks. Probably more so than she did in the whole of 2006.

Second, her voice - it is a lot deeper (but not sore throat-esque) and she was speaking noticably slower than in the past. As if she was concentrating on what she said.

Thirdly, what she said. The interviewer asked her if she had ever been to Queens before (daft question!). She replied, "I have got a funny story about that". That's a choice phrase - the reason people say that in media interviews and on the likes of Letterman is it suddenly gets the undivided attention of the questioner. Funny stories have punchlines. Punchlines come at the end, so the interviewer wont interrupt till the person has finished speaking. The clever part is, it doesn't matter if the reply is funny or not. The reason I know this is because I have had media training.

Given that Adriana has (a) got herself out there more, (b) worked on her english and © seems to have had work on her handling of the media, and I should point out that now not working in the role I once was I am making as much of an educated guess at everyone else, it could be that VS are going to try and elevate Adriana's profile again.

i soooo want you to be right. :drool:

^ I have noticed recently her voice does sound more raspy (sp?)---even before this interview. She kinda sounds like a drag queen :ninja:

But I must say, she is definitely a lot more poised and relaxed than before. I think someone (perhaps it was you Sam12) said she might have gotten some PR/Comm. training, and I agree :yes: Maybe it's VS b/c they want her to participate in more promos and etc. :)

Where did u see the interview?

Its on youtube Pink

here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZXGj3GZ6Sg

I cringed when she said "Hi" in that deep voice, it got deeper than before if that is possible. :blink:

But other than that she was cute as always and looked great

she does sound like a Drag Queen lmfao!!! If I wasent looking at her I would have thought she was a man. :laugh: :laugh: