Bellazon

Catherine McNeil
Thumbnail

Sweet rus

There is an article about Catherine in "The New York Times" :-)

http://www.supermodels.nl/Pages/NewsArticle.aspx?id=968

i can't see the article, you have to be logged in & i am not a member- can someone copy + paste pls?

I don't understand something. Few days ago I was reading this article and I didn't have to be logged in..... But I will try to copy and paste it because maybe I have it somewhere......

I find another article about Catherine, with more informations about her than in the article in "New York Times"!!!

AS soon as the influential New York Times tags a model "the one to watch" and the same girl goes on to shine in 35 runway shows in Paris and Milan, she is definitely a star on the rise.

Seventeen-year-old Australian model Catherine McNeil has been already swept up in the uber model world after her first season on the fashion-show circuit.

Looking wholesome and romantic, Catherine has captured a new, more glamorous zeitgeist.

And it's unlike the wide-set-eyed alien look personified and made famous by the other Aussie cutie, Gemma Ward.

Catherine, who hails from the Queensland suburb of Logan, had aspirations to be a mechanic, but chances are she has made more money in three weeks than she would have from her aborted three-year apprenticeship.

"I didn't really like school, so I had plans to be a mechanic because I really love machines,'' the heavy metal-loving teen told me yesterday from New York.

"I started modelling when I won the 2003 Girlfriend Magazine Model Search while I was still at school.

"I lived between Brisbane and the Gold Coast and I came down to Sydney for Fashion Week and some advertising campaigns.''

At the start of 2006 Catherine decided to refocus her life and move to Sydney with the Chic model agency.

She appeared in campaigns for Zimmerman, Cue, Simona, Alannah Hill, Myer, Colorado and Myer as well as appearing in editorials for Vogue, Harper's and Madison.

"This January, I went with my grandmother to New York to meet with the agency, Next, and soon after I was flown to Paris to meet with (revered photographer) Mario Testino,'' Catherine said.

"I've been travelling so much my four-year-old sister thinks I live at the airport.''

Mario booked Catherine immediately for D&G and Hugo Boss campaigns and put her under a six-month exclusive editorial contract.

It was then off to Milan, where she made her international catwalk debut to work runway shows for Roberto Cavalli, Etro, Pucci, Versace and Fendi before heading to Paris for Dior, Valentino, Stella McCartney, Christian Lacroix, Yves Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Chanel and Balenciaga.

Phew!

"It became a bit of blur doing so many shows, but if there was one designer I really liked wearing it was Stella McCartney,'' Catherine said.

Catherine was also the first model to appear on Riccardo Tisci's show for Givenchy, one of the Paris season's hottest tickets.

"I live for that girl,'' boasted Lauren Goodman, the fashion director of Conde Nast's Domino magazine, a sentiment embraced by Brana Wolf of US Harper's Bazaar.

"She's so different from the Russians,'' Ms Wolf told the New York Times.

"She's tall, for one thing, and at the moment there's a tall-girl trend, and Ms McNeil also walks well,'' Ms Wolf added.

Just watch out for more of Our Catherine.

source:http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,21352375-5009160,00.html

• 2 weeks later...

She reminds me so much of a cross between Erin Wasson and Angelina Jolie, especially here:

http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0...herinemcpk5.jpg

I'm still on the fence with her. Sometimes she can look very, very striking and gorgeous, but other times I find her slitty eyes/heavy jaw combination to be bothersome. I look forward to more of her work in the future.

Happy that another aussie model has broken into fashion. Shes following in the footsteps of gemma ward and nicole trunfio. However, although she is beautiful, i dont think she takes very good pictures. Shes great on the catwalk (although a bit too thin, she was bigger before) but seeing her appear in australia fashion mags like vogue and harpers, she doesnt know how to take a beautiful picture like nicole or gemma, so she needs to work on that. Look forward to see her in uk vogue with mario testino. Maybe he will bring out the model in her.

Catherine is style.com's list of Top 10 New Models!

"Fall belonged to the Australian beauty Catherine McNeil. A 17-year-old supermodel in the making—she looks like the top girls of the nineties—the green-eyed brunette opened seven shows."

Few days ago I was wondering how many shows she opened for fall winter 2007 season? I know she opened Just Cavalli, Giambattista Valli..... and I don't remember the rest:(

• 3 weeks later...