Bellazon

Elsa Hosk
Thumbnail

killino

she looks fantastic, i was reading some dailymail comments, and since they show some more pics from her, people mentioned elsa more often in a positiv way.

i mean its obvious that shes gorgeous, but it was refreshing to read something about her and not always the same models.

Candice was a major bitch in that video She ain't stupid, she knows Elsa is new with the big PR stuff and is not like Candice is that great with PR herself anyway . See? I try to like the woman but is almost like she wants me to hate her.  :ninja:

I don't think it was meant to be bitchy, and lets always remember we're seeing edited clips. I think it was Candice's way of letting everyone watching know this trip isn't a fun, relaxing one. That they were going to literally be working non-stop for the next 4 days. No time for sightseeing, no time for sleep, just work. I think she meant it to let the people watching know, but because they edited it to show her sort of correcting Elsa twice in a row it makes it look like she's being snippy. To me, it looked more big-sister to little sister "you don't know what you're in for" and Elsa handled it gracefully. The two of them were next to each other at the VS store photo op, and were hugging and smiling so lets not start creating a phantom war between them. Like I said before, maybe for the non-angels there is a little more free time because they have less press and behind the scenes interviews to film than the Angels do. I get the impression that Candice doesn't like anyone to think her job is an easy one (who would? they all work very hard) so she didn't want anyone to think they're having a leisurely, fun "girls trip" to London, no matter how hard VS is trying to promote it like that.

Glad that VS is finaly pushing Elsa forward. I know I've said it about a 1,000 times but hopefully this will be her last year with PINK. and someone else can officially take over.

On the video with her and Candice I wouldn't say Candice was being a bitch, but you could tell homegirl was feeling herself and Miranda Kerring it a bit with trying to take over the interview a little because Elsa is still pretty knew to all of it and Doutzen is laid back.

When is Elsa going to be finished with Pink for good?

I don't think any of us really know the answer to that, but I think if they're smart, VS will make the transition slow from Pink to VS. I know we all want to see Elsa shine in mainline, but she's their most popular Pink model, and has been for years so to pull her suddenly wouldn't necessarily be wise. Using her in both for a little bit will get people to see that yes, that's the same girl, we liked her in Pink, we'll still like her in mainline. I know WE (as her fans) see her and will of course recognize her, but the casual shopper/VSFS viewer/catalog browser may not realize it's the same girl right away. Using Behati as an example, she became an angel in 2009, but still worked with Pink for a good 2+ years after that. It wasn't until 2012 that she wasn't walking in the Pink section at the show anymore. I don't think they need to drag it out that long, I think Behati should have been moved into mainline sooner than she was, so hopefully they won't do the same with Elsa. 

Regardless of what they do with her, though. I want her to get the respect she deserves of being an angel. I'm already so over seeing people try to downgrade her status by saying she's "only" a "Pink angel" or she's "just" there to work with pink. Angel is an angel, she deserves the respect all the rest of the girls are given.

^Behati got her first wings in 2011

She had wings in 2009 (the ones that looked like a big scarf) and 2010 (big rainbow butterfly wings) both in the Pink section. Her first wings outside the Pink section were in 2011 (the comic book looking wings) but she had outfits outside Pink in '09 and '10.