Bellazon

Deadpool

Prettyphile

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I just watched Dead Pool.

This was just a fun film and loved the tone of the movie. I loved the soundtrack too.

:star::star::star::star: out of 5:star:

Man, am I the only one who hated this or are the people who didn't like it just keeping their mouth shut? I felt like punching the director in the face. I can't shake the feeling that they've made a movie for adolescent boys that only the adults are able to see.

3/10 for me.

2 hours ago, Bianca Angelic Serenity said:

Man, am I the only one who hated this or are the people who didn't like it just keeping their mouth shut? I felt like punching the director in the face. I can't shake the feeling that they've made a movie for adolescent boys that only the adults are able to see.

3/10 for me.

Dead Pool was made for fans of the character and stayed true to the character. I guess some people wouldn't like that instead of trying for mass appeal.

Read the first post on this page because the movie was ultimately a huge success.

I thought Dead Pool was refreshing because I have comic book movie fatigue. For me the Marvel comic book movies were starting to get boring even though they are ultimately building & intertwining the stories for a grandiose payoff at the end.

On 11/05/2016 at 10:56 AM, Bianca Angelic Serenity said:

3/10 for me.

The thing about Deadpool is that he's a pretty niche character who doesn't have a great deal of recognition beyond very specific circles. Fox's marketing department made up for that by bringing in viewers who were just as interested in seeing it as a raunch comedy as they were in seeing it as a superhero story.

I wouldn't say it worked because it was R-rated though, far from it. I think it worked because it was anarchic and irreverent and used the freedom of that rating to amp up those elements. It took advantage of existing inside a known universe and subverting it, a bit like punk rock kicking against a more corporate product.