Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

My goodness, dat body.  Her popularity will continue to rise.  I didn't think she was good enough, now SI needs her.  My how things change.

And now she's a leading contender for the cover next year.

she is not contender for the cover next year.

My goodness, dat body.  Her popularity will continue to rise.  I didn't think she was good enough, now SI needs her.  My how things change.

having a rookie get the cover is not unprecedented.  heidi klum and tyra banks both appeared on the cover their first years.  it just didn't happen during diane smith's reign from 1999-2012.  actually, it wasn't until diane smith that the concept of 'rookies' vs 'veterans' was introduced.  before that, they were just...you know, models.

at this point i think emily might be a safer bet than kate.  the marginal benefit of the press attention surrounding a three-peat is small compared to a repeat cover.  if they want press, it's been shown that ms. ratajkowski can drum that up pretty well. 

in fact, that mirror,mirror suit would look pretty great on a magazine rack.  SI 'reflecting' on 50 years.  a man can dream...