Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

VS Angel = Slave that HAS to shoot every single time... if not they're automatically on the way out.

Models you need to give up all other work.. VS is THEE most important thing you'll ever do in your life. Vogue? Who needs it.

VS Angel Super Status MLG 420 blazeit no -scope swag. . .  the best ever.

Umm...I don't know where you have been but with NEW angels it is ALWAYS like this. As soon as they sign a girl they use her constantly and constantly. It isn't until a few years when they start slowing down (see Candice especially, Erin, Lindsay, Rosie, Miranda, etc)

When a girl is a recently signed 'angel' and barely works for a long period of time, it usually means trouble (see Barbara Palvin, Toni, Bregje...). Things aren't looking good for Karlie with VS (although she is having a good career overall).

It usually isn't until a model has solidified her rank as angel that she slows down the VS work and stops being a slave.

^ You are missing a point. The difference betweem the women you mentioned and Karlie is that she actually has a career outside VS, she is an It girl and she doesn't need VS to make her a big name.

All those girls were nobodies before VS, so the brand needed to make them familiar faces and the girls needed VS to help with their careers, Karlie doesn't need shit from VS, she probably signed with them because it's easy money.

I do find odd the lack of Karlie lately but she has been with them for a year already so maybe VS decided to start promoting another girl before the show and let Karlie do her thing, and VS has been doing from little to nothing in the past months anyway

Karlie might be a big name for people who follow fashion, but the average consumer has no idea who she is (Unlike Candice, Ale, Adriana, etc). I agree that Karlie doesn't need VS for the exposure, but she is definitely not a familiar face to the VS consumer, so it is weird that VS isn't promoting their newest Angel more. It could be her choice, but still means she's doing a poor job as a brand spokesmodel.

But costumers give a fuck about models these days, they don't go to the VS stores because "Uuuh Candice/Adriana/Alessandra is selling those bras, I must buy them", they buy VS stuff because it's a familiar brand and they will most likely buy those bras regardless of being Candice, Karlie or a pig modelling them.

Outside BZ and fashion forums, no one really cares about who is an Angel and who isn't. Karlie is still booking more jobs than the rest of the girls, those jobs get PR and in every article they mention VS so it's a win-win situation. Karlie is already as big as she will ever be with or without VS.

Again, I do find it odd that Karlie has been MIA so much and I wouldn't be surprised if they did indeed part ways after just one year a la Chanel but considering Karlie is different from all the 'new' girls I wouldn't count her out just yet. I think she and VS are cool with her not being the go-to girl.

One theory that goes with what you said in that Karlie brings in her own good media and campaigns and all of them that get media also mention VS or that she is an Angel so it could be that with Karlie bringing in her own media and work they can just focus on promoting other lesser known or newer girls.

Maybe they don't feel the need to promote Karlie because she can bring in positive media for herself and VS on her own. The lack of work is a little odd but I don't think they would split with her she has been a good draw for them is well spoken with media and lately has only attracted positive attention to herself and the campaigns she has been on.

It could just be VS recognizing there is no need to double market Karlie when she can and has been doing it so well herself.

Well, not as cheap as Elsa's perfume commercial.

It had to be said.

And re: Karlie, why do you think Cara isn't the queen of PINK despite all of VS's ass kissing? Because she knows a VS contract would only restrict bring her down as it would majorly restrict her opportunities. Karlie isn't Doutzen who has a family and wants to spend time with them, she has the possibility of exploring any opportunity and she shouldn't restrict herself with an Angel contract.