Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I say its better than the recent ones VS has been having, and yup the ending reminded me of 2003

Can someone post the video?

The 2003 backstage commercial with Gisele, Heidi, Dri, Ana etc, ?? I used to be able to find it on youtube but as of late I can't find it anywhere! Sucks because that's one of my favorite commercials EVER! Lol that is a good example of how to do a runway commercial....this one is a tackier version of that one lol funny because that one also included gloves and wings.

This one, I think its actually based off this commercial, but just cheaper and not as good. And maybe because michael bay didn't produce it also.

Thank you :)

As far as aging go, there are actually a few angels (and angel that was fired) that are also looking older and are aging. Atleast imo Adriana is aging the best.

I think she looked a lot older (and tired) back in 2010 than now, but that's just me.

Now I agree with that. I didn't really like the way she looked in 2010.

Yeah I think what went wrong was the fact that Michael Bay didn't produce it lol, and maybe I love Adriana, but maybe because this time it was focused all on her. Instead of other girls like the last one. So it seemed really busy and what not.

Of course I love a solo Adriana commercial, but a commercial like this one, is made to have more models. If it was a different kind it would have been better. But Adriana got more attention focused on her so its whatever

I definatly agree!! Back in 2010 when she went back to the dark hair for VSFS she just looked so washed out. Idk if it was a mix of make up and hair (which for me 2010 was the worst hair and makeup for VSFS I've seen on her outside of 2008) or the fact she was working hard to get back in shape after baby :/

As far as aging go, there are actually a few angels (and angel that was fired) that are also looking older and are aging. Atleast imo Adriana is aging the best.

I think she looked a lot older (and tired) back in 2010 than now, but that's just me.

Now I agree with that. I didn't really like the way she looked in 2010.

Yeah I think what went wrong was the fact that Michael Bay didn't produce it lol, and maybe I love Adriana, but maybe because this time it was focused all on her. Instead of other girls like the last one. So it seemed really busy and what not.

Of course I love a solo Adriana commercial, but a commercial like this one, is made to have more models. If it was a different kind it would have been better. But Adriana got more attention focused on her so its whatever

Technically they did have more models. Nobodies who thought they were going to get some camera time. :rofl: I don't know why they didn't show them. I saw pictures of them in old VSFS outfits and everything and all for nothing because they did nothing but show the back of their heads. They were so hyped too. Womp womp. I guess they couldn't show them because they don't have contracts, but I am sure VS could've got together some of the other Angels at least.

I definatly agree!! Back in 2010 when she went back to the dark hair for VSFS she just looked so washed out. Idk if it was a mix of make up and hair (which for me 2010 was the worst hair and makeup for VSFS I've seen on her outside of 2008) or the fact she was working hard to get back in shape after baby :/

she was really pale too! Now I get scared she'd go back to that look, like for real lol

If you are in a commercial when the only angel is adriana lima, do not get hyped up lol. No reason to at all lol

What's so terrible about the make up? I think it's on point. The hair is another story though. I just think she looks like a million bucks, but the commercial looks like $500.

for me it's too glossy/gaudy looking. I liked how fresh she looked at the start of the commercial the best.

My Biased fan opinion: She looks awesome and all the other bitches can go DIAF. It's clear that VS wanted people to see Adriana all alone for her comeback and I'm loving it

Unbiased opinion: She looks good but the outfit couldn't be tackier, like seriously the gloves? And the hair, NO. Still she looks beautiful, but with that face is actually hard to look bad. I do appreciate VS trying to finally do something different with their commercials but as everyone said, some things could be better. But overall I like, I love the 00's vibe :heart:

It's also got a bit of Dream Angels vibe to it with the flashing lights. I actually am happy when I see NON MICHAEL BAY commercials, they get so predictable, overly expensive cars, smoke, explosions, dark lights, I'm expecting one of the girls to explode in the next one at this rate. I wish there were more 2008 Holiday Commercial styled ones, beautiful, romantic and minimal but they still get the message across, so this is kind of progress in my eyes.

Now can they please get Doutzen in a commercial before I become 91% done with this brand

I don't really see her trying to milk another 15 minutes. Based on what's said, she doesn't seem to be trading on the fact that she was a model for VS, or anyone else. She simply talks about her childhood, a charity she's now a part of and what she's been able to do for her family due to her success. Unless they took out the information where she was talking about working for the company it's simply a touching article showing her success and what she's done to give back to family and those who are in the similar situations she was as a child.

It seems the person writing the article traded more on the VS name to get hits for her article, then Selita did.

Still find it shady how all of sudden she is letting people know. Not that there is anything wrong with food stamps and getting assistance from the government. Based on her past behaviors, things she has said, and the way she carries herself in general I am skeptical of her :/

Okay now I feel like I need to come to poor Selita's defence :D She has talked about her past many times, such as:

http://www.pr.com/article/1060 (2007)

PR.com: What has made you feel compelled to get involved in community service and mentoring?

Selita Ebanks: I've always been that person that wants to change the world (laughs). My father's always telling me, "Sel, you're gonna go broke. You can't save everyone." My whole thing is then I can contribute my part. Growing up in The Cayman Islands, even growing up in general, I think there were times when we didn't have anything and my mother would go to these organizations and charities and they would provide for us, whether it was food or Christmas presents. Now as an adult, I look back and I'm like, "If it wasn't for those programs and those charities and those churches then our Christmases wouldn't have been Christmas. I'm not saying my life is hard. I'm just saying it wasn't hard because of these organizations. I think that's where it started, my whole thing of wanting to give back. It does have an impact and it can change someone's life. And you can change someone's life. The impact that… just giving someone a pair of shoes will have on their life.

And talked about being in foster care at a charity event:

Personally, I find her story quite fascinating... It has the elements of that classic rags to riches story we all know and love.

I'm glad to see Adriana back in a VS commercial, but this was a bit tacky and looked a little low budget. Not only that but Adriana looked bored and uninterested all through out the whole thing, I didn't get that spark/fire from her that I usually get.

And I'm not the biggest Ana BB fan but DAMN! :o girl straight up owned this commercial, she even out did Adriana in this commercial in my honest opinion.

VICTORIA’S SECRET ANGELS CELEBRATE THE 8th ANNUAL 2013 WHAT IS SEXY? LIST

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)

Victoria's Secret Store in The Beverly Center

Los Angeles, CA

Come meet Victoria’s Secret Angels Adriana Lima and Behati Prinsloo as Victoria’s Secret, the authority on all things sexy, will celebrate the reveal of the 8th Annual What Is Sexy? List. This Summer’s Victoria’s Secret 2013 What Is Sexy? List honors the best in Hollywood during the hottest season.

Victoria’s Secret Facebook Fans will have the opportunity to vote from May 6th to May 10th for two categories on the 2013 What Is Sexy? List: “Sexiest Up-and-Coming Bombshell” and “Sexiest Tweeter”.

Victoria’s Secret invites you to get inside access to the 2013 What Is Sexy? List at: VS All Access on VictoriasSecret.com, Facebook.com/VictoriasSecret, @VictoriasSecret on Twitter with #WhatIsSexy

https://www.eventbrite.com/event/6519649447/ebritela0sm?nomo=1

Has anyone ever been on the lipstick ally forum before? where they talk about everything including models... It doesn't matter whose fan you are of never go on there. The ignorance on there is almost comical lol. I can't even believe it

Has anyone ever been on the lipstick ally forum before? where they talk about everything including models... It doesn't matter whose fan you are of never go on there. The ignorance on there is almost comical lol. I can't even believe it

Yeah, I've been a member there for years. It's ridiculous, lmao. Every model is "nothing special" or "average" let them tell it. Adriana looks like a "plain white girl." Candice is "racist" and has beef with Adriana. They call Irina the Joker and she's a "weedhead." -_- Don't even bring up Kate Upton. 0_o

However, for some reason I believe the allegations against Miranda now that she got fired or whatever happened with her and VS.

Yeah, I've been a member there for years. It's ridiculous, lmao. Every model is "nothing special" or "average" let them tell it. Adriana looks like a "plain white girl." Candice is "racist" and has beef with Adriana. They call Irina the Joker and she's a "weedhead." -_- Don't even bring up Kate Upton. 0_o

However, for some reason I believe the allegations against Miranda now that she got fired or whatever happened with her and VS.

EXACTLY lol