Bellazon

Last movie you saw...

Legion

"Spy"

Great comedy. Great supporting cast. Miranda Hart and Peter Serafinowicz

were standouts and Jason Statham doing a parody of his usual character

was fun to watch. Good car chase and fight scenes too. 

So I watched plenty of movies this weekend

That Gal... Who Was in That Thing: That Guy 2 : Documentary about the life of TV actresses. Very interesting 7/10

The Entitled : 3 college kids abduct rich 3 richer fellow students and ransom their parents for 1 million dollars each. Stupid. How on earth can the abducted kids fathers come to the conclusion that not calling the cops is a good idea is beyond me, not to mention that they don't even ask for proof of the abduction, like a picture of something. 3/10

Danny Collins : A old rock star discovers that John Lennon sent him a letter years ago and decides to make some life changes. Nothing fancy, a movie about redemption 5/10

Brideshead revisited : Romance drama in 20s/30s England. I wasn't particularly impressed, it talks about a lot of very interesting subjects but doesn't really get in deep enough to keep me interested 5/10

• 2 weeks later...

V/H/S, and I'm about ready to watch V/H/S 2

Seems like people either really love those movies or really hate them. What is it about it that makes it so good/different than other found footage horror movies? I know I and alot of other horror movie fans are getting sick of the played out "found footage" horror flick. I'm interested in watching one of these days because it seems quite different though. :)

EDIT: apparently the second film holds up to the first, some said it was even better. Not so much the third film though. Watched some reviewers talk about this film, gonna have to give these a watch now :hehe: 

Mr Holmes. Why it's been marketed as a 'cold case' murder mystery is in itself a mystery, because it isn't that at all, it's actually a thoughtful character study of a retired Holmes. I liked it more from thinking about it afterwards than I did while I was watching it. Very gently laid out, but a very compelling portrayal by Ian McKellen. :hehe:

V/H/S, and I'm about ready to watch V/H/S 2

Seems like people either really love those movies or really hate them. What is it about it that makes it so good/different than other found footage horror movies? I know I and alot of other horror movie fans are getting sick of the played out "found footage" horror flick. I'm interested in watching one of these days because it seems quite different though. :)

EDIT: apparently the second film holds up to the first, some said it was even better. Not so much the third film though. Watched some reviewers talk about this film, gonna have to give these a watch now :hehe:

I LOVED both movies, and yeah I kinda think the second one was better. Better stories, better special effects makeup, and even a tad better acting.

I don't know what it is about the V/H/S movies that pulled me in so quickly. I can't find the right words to describe it. I would suggest watching at least the first two, I myself will be watching the third movie in a couple of days.

I just watched Poltergeist 2015

Poltergeist 1982  >>>>>>> the piece of drivel I just watched