Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

Hey, congrats to the Yankees and their fans. I thought that was an enjoyable series, and I'm disappointed we didn't get a Game 7.

We've got the staff to beat anyone including the Yanks. Didn't perform.

I was surprised Martinez took two Losses (and Pettite two Wins).

Utley had a nice series. Howard, not so much (obviously). When Pedro was out here (Feliz, not Martinez), he played an excellent defensive third base. The bare-hander he turned tonight was typical. The Giants had been playing him as their fourth outfielder for a couple of years, and then he moved to third.

Hamels coulda pitched better, Lidge coulda had his mind straight, shoulda coulda woulda whatever. We've got the staff to beat anyone including the Yanks. Didn't perform.

Congratz to all the Yankee fans/bandwagoners. I see a rematch next year.

Im proud of you Matt for not being afraid to post here after your team loses,you are a good sport. :grouphug:

Although I routed for the Yankees,I do think the MVP should have went to Chase Utley.

Hamels coulda pitched better, Lidge coulda had his mind straight, shoulda coulda woulda whatever. We've got the staff to beat anyone including the Yanks. Didn't perform.

Im proud of you Matt for not being afraid to post here after your team loses,you are a good sport. :grouphug:

Although I routed for the Yankees,I do think the MVP should have went to Chase Utley.

To say that Utley should have been the MVP is pretty F'N RETARDED!!!:wacko: :blink: Maybe it's just me, but how can you be the MVP of the World Series if you are on the team THAT LOST?! :cain: :whistle:

To say that Utley should have been the MVP is pretty F'N RETARDED!!!:wacko: :blink: Maybe it's just me, but how can you be the MVP of the World Series if you are on the team THAT LOST?! :cain: :whistle:

Actually it has happened before,The 1960 World Series MVP was given to Bobby Richardson while playing for the losing team.

No need to scream,or call me f'n retarded.

Actually it has happened before,The 1960 World Series MVP was given to Bobby Richardson while playing for the losing team.

No need to scream,or call me f'n retarded.

Point taken. Ok, I apologize for my previous statements. :flower: Even so, I do think it is disrespectful to think that Utley deserved to be the MVP of the World Series rather than Hideki Matsui. I would have been a much different series and outcome if it wasn't for his home runs and key hits. Many of his hits led to comeback wins for the Yankees. Please tell me how Utley was a MORE DESERVING CANDIDATE!!!

Well, Chase did tie Reggie Jackson's WS Homerun Record,but they did lose and I hope the Yankee's resign Matsui.Im going to change the subject....

I think there should be a Poll on Who is the Worst Announcer in Baseball :laugh:

My vote hands down would go to Tim McCarver.

I think there should be a Poll on Who is the Worst Announcer in Baseball. My vote hands down would go to Tim McCarver.

Oh I don't mind McCarver. He's alright. Why don't you like him? One thing I liked about his recent effort was that at the end of Game 6, he backed off some and let the crowd noise and the event itself take over. He hadn't said something for so long at one point, I wondered if he'd left the booth.

I don't like one of our (SF Giants) broadcasters much: Dave Flemming. Not my favorite, certainly. He has a whining style, and the word "whatnot" frequents his call. Not an actual player, and it shows. It's like listening to a high-school Varsity football game as described by the book-smart, diminutive, whining captain of the Freshman Chess Club.

But Bob Costas actually gets my vote for Worst. I'm so glad we don't have him announcing the WS. He has a "twerp" factor that's over the top for me (so does Flemming, in my opinion, but Flemming is Costas-lite).

Technically not an announcer, I think, but Jim Gray is also worthy of a mention.

now how do i entertain myself all winter??? so proud of the yankees for their win! not so happy to see the people jumping back on the bandwagon... they were all out in full force during the ticker tape parade, they made it unjoyable. ridic.

• 4 months later...