Bellazon

Renee Simonsen
Thumbnail

nanook351

oh, my 100th post!! this is from u.k. cosmo magazine, page 51, no idea about the date, but must have appeared later than january 1986 as the original layout was published in the u.s. cosmo magazine of january 1986. any info about the date of this u.k. one is WELCOME!

Wow,I still have this original pic that I clipped out of the Jan.'86 Cosmo.I don't know about the UK publication,however.

one more from U.K. COSMOPOLITAN, March 1986 issue - also originally from this U.S. January 1986 COSMO editorial. It´s a pity they used the absolute same pic. Sometimes they use pics from one shooting, but different pose/expression. I like these much better!!

I like them very much,too.There are so many pics taken during a shoot and it would be nice to see more outtakes.Also,thanks for pointing out my wrong country posting on Yasmin's editorial that I posted.

For missparker. :hug: Maybe you already have this picture?

This book is called New Classic Beauty - it was printed in 1987, though I think some of the pictures are from earlier than that. The cover and a lot of the inside are of Kim Alexis. There is 1 picture of Renee.

post-18318-1218994341_thumb.jpg post-18318-1218994440_thumb.jpg

small

post-18318-1218994500_thumb.jpg post-18318-1218994531_thumb.jpg

For missparker. :hug: Maybe you already have this picture?

This book is called New Classic Beauty - it was printed in 1987, though I think some of the pictures are from earlier than that. The cover and a lot of the inside are of Kim Alexis. There is 1 picture of Renee.

small

post-18318-1218994500_thumb.jpg post-18318-1218994531_thumb.jpg

Yes, I have it. But a BIG THANKS anyway. It´s a very beautiful picture of Renée. Did you find any photo credit in your book to this picture? I´ve had a look, but can´t find it - except this general listing at "Acknowledgments". At the other models pics there´s something written (models name and photo credit), but not at Renées. :(

oh, my 100th post!! this is from u.k. cosmo magazine, page 51, no idea about the date, but must have appeared later than january 1986 as the original layout was published in the u.s. cosmo magazine of january 1986. any info about the date of this u.k. one is WELCOME!

Wow,I still have this original pic that I clipped out of the Jan.'86 Cosmo.I don't know about the UK publication,however.

one more from U.K. COSMOPOLITAN, March 1986 issue - also originally from this U.S. January 1986 COSMO editorial. It´s a pity they used the absolute same pic. Sometimes they use pics from one shooting, but different pose/expression. I like these much better!!

I like them very much,too.There are so many pics taken during a shoot and it would be nice to see more outtakes.Also,thanks for pointing out my wrong country posting on Yasmin's editorial that I posted.

Yeah, these outtakes are always great. And do you also think like when you see the cover-look of a magazine "why didn´t they use THIS one for the cover??"

No problem for the Yasmin editorial. It just "jumped into my eye", because I know this layout so well. It´s from my country...

it´s out of a NEW YORK TIMES, SUNDAY of July 21st, 1985. Does this "SUNDAY" have a special meaning??

July 21 1985 is indeed a Sunday.

The Sunday edition of The New York Times is the largest edition of the week, and includes some sections and "magazines" that do not come with the paper on any other day. (Or, at least it used to. I haven't taken The New York Times in fifteen years.)

It's possible that the page you are asking about was inside a special, Sunday-only section of the Sunday paper.

Otherwise, I can't think of any special meaning for "SUNDAY". ???

And does anyone know where I can find these mags. except on ebay?

Do you mean The New York Times specifically, or "vintage" magazines in general?

I like this site very much (you probably know it): http://www.paperpursuits.com/ .

A magic phrase for the Google/Yahoo search engines seems to be "vintage fashion magazine". When I tried that just now, I turned up pages and pages of links. I thought this was a good one:

A list of vintage magazine sources: http://www.trussel.com/books/magdeal.htm

Also: http://www.advertisingarchives.co.uk/index.php and http://www.vidcat.com/store/manufacturers....anufacturerid=5 .

:)

THANKS so much for all these infos!!! I asked for this specific issue, but also infos in general where to find vintage mags. are very welcome! Great!