Bellazon

Renee Simonsen
Thumbnail

nanook351

Ok, I'm understanding the obsession :drool:

found these, and hope they aren't reposts..if so I can delete

the 2 catalog pics are from the current ebay auction for the Saks Fifth Avenue Folio catalog of Christmas 1987:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Hope a Bellazonian bought it so we can see her in HQ ;)

BTW, gorgeous posts everyone :flower:

the auction ended without a bid.

here's one I was sure missparker did not have....but she does. :laugh:

post-18318-1215829289_thumb.jpg

small

post-18318-1215829404_thumb.jpg

Yes, you´re right. I´m very sorry for (not really - it´s always a pain to see something you still miss in your collection), but I think I´ve got almost all her stuff she did for U.S. VOGUE, Bazaar, COSMOPOLITAN, Mademoiselle and SELF. But if you see something from my REWARD section on my site - on the bottom is the U.S. missing stuff noticed - THEN you´ll show me something new!! THANKS anyway for your efforts!! You´re really nice!

In my mind there has never been a model that comes close to her! I just bought a German Vogue on Ebay that I did not have so I'll scan it and post it when it comes.

I totally agree with you. There is no one like Renée. I don´t follow longer that much the new faces in the model business, but some girls remind you of one of the top models. Sooner or later there had been always a kind of double. But never ever I saw one and thought "wow, a 2nd Renée!". Well, she´s unique! Maybe if her daughter once decides to start modeling, but I don´t think so.

italian VOGUE March 1984 Speciale no. 6 (Albert Watson)

Wow...you have the best collection of photos!I've been interested in Renee since'85 and i've never seen these photos. :)

thanks. i´ve started collecting only to the start of the 90s more seriously on her, but think these days i don´t need to hide my collection anymore. unfortunately now it´s very, very hard to find some new stuff to add. there´s still soo much i´m behind (for years now), but for some things i´m almost sure i´ll never get them for my collection. :( well, that´s life.

One thing i believe is that you are fortunate to live in Europe.Although Renee did a lot of work here in America,there were a ton of photos,especially editorials,that we never got to see.Even in Paris i saw Renee's picture in window displays and in the Galleries Lafayette for Biotherm in '99 and in '02.Something you didn't really see over here.She also did so much work in Italy,with her movies,too.I believe that she was much more well known and popular in Europe.You are very lucky!... ;)I also think Renee decided to walk away from her modeling full time right before her career would have really exploded here in the States.She turned down the chance to be in a James Bond film around that time...right about early '89.Although i of course understand Renee's desire to pursue other interests,it still would have been nice to see her get the same level of recognition over here.She is such a unique beauty... :yes:...And soo many people appreciate your website!

Honestly I never had an eye on if she worked more for U.S. or european magazines. In total I think she did a lot of jobs in the U.S., too - if you also consider all the advertisement and catalog jobs she did. I am very happy she was booked international as some models only make it in the U.S. big. It is sad she stopped on the top of her career, but I like this much better than some other models who can not quit with the business and if you see them you just think "oh, it is her again" who should realize their time is over. At least I would prefer to stay in memory as "this unique danish beauty" than a these days cranky bitch. Sure I still have my dreams about seeing her once again on the cover of a bigger fashion magazine, but this will stay a dream. Also when she was a big european model they forgot about her. I am always sad when I see reviews of the 80s models or that time when the becoming 40s women were big in the magazines and no one mentioned Renée. I am most dissapointed about german VOGUE magazine who had her from 1983 - 1987 for 6 times on the cover (in 1983 at 2 issues directly behind) and now does not remember her. The publishers house of VOGUE, Conde Nast has this magazine called "myself" for older women and Renée would be THE perfect choice for a cover, but you just see repeat covers or covers with actresses. Probably Renée would also refuse such a job, because she has quit with the business. But I think she would felt honored they have not forgotten about her. For her it was a good way to make fast money. Therefore she still works from time to time as a model. Why let such a contract with CLARINS go?

And as BIOTHERM and CLARINS are european cosmetic brands I think it is just normal to see their campaigns mainly in Europe. I do not know if they sell so much in the U.S. I can imagine some U.S. cosmetic brands also never made it to Europe or at least never became big names here. I do not remember we ever could get here any Cover Girl products.

And for the Bond movie I have read in this interview at Silvanas site it was not true she was offered to play in one - if I remember well.

I have posted this video on youtube and this tells a lot about Renées position to her modeling time:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=qw_nkxigoYo

:flower: :Flower: :flower:

Thank you so much missparker for absolutely amazing pictures :hell yea!:

I specially :heart: love this covers you have posted, stunning and very rare :blush:

:wub:

I love Renee,

she is one of my favorites, has been for many years :wave:

Thanks!! Did you ever collect also her pictures? I wonder if she did some special stuff for norway magazines I have never seen before. May I ask who are your other favourites?? I saw you have posted some great stuff at the Paulina Porizkova forum and wonder if such things do also exist of Renée Simonsen?!

Sorry if repost

post-18609-1215715310_thumb.jpgpost-18609-1215715342_thumb.jpg

Hi Kate40, :wave: ...Is this article from US Harpers Bazaar?

hi kate 40 ! can you please post the rest aof the article?

:wave: Here you go!

Bazaar May 1984

post-18609-1215739275_thumb.jpgpost-18609-1215739322_thumb.jpg

Sweet!...Thanks... :flower:

you are lovely, thank you

...girlraw,have you posted a Renee video on YouTube?Just wondering... :wave:

yes I've posted some videos of Renee! It would be wonderful to see much more of her ;)