Bellazon

General gaming talk

Enrico_sw

I finished reading book 8 Season of Storms again.  It was published 14 years (2013) after the end of the sage (1999) and before the development of the Witcher 3.

Chronologically it is weird in that the events are considered to take place after book 2 and before book 3.

The book was clearly heavily used as inspiration for W3, eg. Cat school Witcher, various side quests in W3, Yennefer's references to Coral, and stuff from the Hearts of Stone expansion.

The Geralt in this book is more self-assured than the one in the 1990s era books, he seems a bit different.

The overall feel of this book is different, it feels like the gameplay loop for the Witcher 3.  Geralt goes on a journey and stumbles upon quest after quest.

On 11/6/2023 at 5:22 AM, Cult Icon said:

@Enrico_sw  Did you know that Bloodborne's hunter design is very similar to Brotherhood of the wolf?

Brotherhood of the Wolf - Wikipedia

ad0c7e463f1d6547c8bc3bea314cba61.jpg0*Cv2NnhTe6XePp55D.jpg

Oh I didn't know! I love this movie, really great French movie.

Monica Bellucci looked great. Le Bihan/Dacascos did a great job in building the atmosphere.

Did you watch the movie?

On 11/9/2023 at 9:44 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Monica Bellucci looked great. Le Bihan/Dacascos did a great job in building the atmosphere.

Did you watch the movie?

Emilie Dequenne's first big budget French film at the time as well.

The brothel scenes with Monica are very sexy!

On 11/9/2023 at 3:44 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Did you watch the movie?

I saw it ages ago.  I liked it.  The europeans doing kung-fu was a bit weird though.

On 11/13/2023 at 6:06 AM, Cult Icon said:

New Witcher anime movie with Doug Cockle as Geralt!!!!

I think this is based on a short story in book 2 Sword of Destiny.  It seems to be an expanded version of what happened in the story "A little Sacrifice".  

@SympathysSilhouette @Enrico_sw

I'm very cautious with Netflix, but it seems that it's another team that made this one (not the Lauren Hissrich team), so it can be good!

And great to hear Doug Couckle (the real Geralt voice!)

9 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I'm very cautious with Netflix, but it seems that it's another team that made this one (not the Lauren Hissrich team), so it can be good!

And great to hear Doug Couckle (the real Geralt voice!)

The trailer looks accurate to the short story in the book.  I suspect it will be a big fan-fiction component to it though.

Essi Daven was the book character that influenced a bit the creation of "Priscilla" in the Witcher 3. 

I am very glad to hear Doug coming back. There is a Witcher 1 remake in development.

03p9as01m3p21.jpg?auto=webp&s=f1116ba9d4il_570xN.1976370831_8jy0.jpg

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

I haven't heard of this one. Is this a good game?

All these games use a similar engine, basically they are the best WW2 multiplayer FPS games out there.

This is the first game I've ever seen use France 1940 weapons and equipment.  

In the trailer the German Panzer III has the markings of the 10th Panzer Division, which was charging towards Dunkirk.  This could be inspired by the battle of Stonne.