Bellazon

NCAA B-Ball

babranski

Do you even remember what the argument is all about? Wooden being the greatest Coach of all time? Can you really tell me that Coach Wooden, who is a good coach, could coach a team in today's league? Probably, but he wouldn't be able to put up the gawdy numbers that Dean Smith, or Coach K have. Coach Wooden was a tall pine in a forest schrubbery, Dean Smith and Coach K, and even Roy Williams are Red Woods in a forest of pines. Wooden doesn't even come close.

Cling to the past and pray for your records. Although the consecetive records will probably will never beaten, I can guarantee you that UNC alone will break everything else. Wooden can maybe be called the first great coach, but not the greatest.

k_dub you be a gemini....me too....we are meant to be lawyers....i just cant stand it....i was in law and govt magnet in monroe...it was boring as hell.

Interesting, Neo. Actually, my dad thought I should have become a lawyer. He said I had the mouthpiece for it. Anyway for some weird reason, their are a lot of geminis in my family. I have 2 cousins whose share the same birthday, may 25th, I have another cousin who was born on June 4th, My dad's birthday is on June 6th, a second cousin of mine has a birthday on June 7th, mine is June 10th, my half-brother is on June 12th, and I have another cousin whose birthdate is June 19th!!! :o It's get wierder. My dad said he found his original birth certificate, and his middle name, which he thought was spelled Lewis, is actually spelled Louis. he aslo told me that his original birth certificate lists he wasn't born on June th, but on June 10th, which would mean that we share the same birthday!!! :| I'm gonna visit him sometime this year, and that's when I will ask to see his birth certificate to actually verify it. I doubt he would lie about something like that, but I just wanna be sure.

going back to that wooden descussion, i really dont like to compare between those days and now, because back then not only would wooden get the best players every year, but they would all stay for four years, and now, even if you do recruit the best players, they're usually gone after just one or two years

going back to that wooden descussion, i really dont like to compare between those days and now, because back then not only would wooden get the best players every year, but they would all stay for four years, and now, even if you do recruit the best players, they're usually gone after just one or two years

Thanks for underlining my point, safin. Another reason why Wooden's records will probably stand for another 30 years or so. And Cain, you should know that u can't GUARANTEE anything!!! Look at the 2 major upsets last night!!! :wacko: :shock: Bet u didn't that coming, huh?! :whistle:

Thanks for underlining my point, safin. Another reason why Wooden's records will probably stand for another 30 years or so. And Cain, you should know that u can't GUARANTEE anything!!! Look at the 2 major upsets last night!!! :wacko: :shock: Bet u didn't that coming, huh?! :whistle:

What point was underlined!? You've made no point and you've been blowing alotta smoke out your ass K-Dub. Your initial argument is about Wooden being the best coast, and yet your agreeing with Safin? If anything those points argue the case. Wooden got the best players in an age where you can spend four years developing players to be there best. These days if Coach K or Dean Smith could keep all their players and played the kind of piss poor competion that Wooden got, they'd be putting up records and number that would put UCLA to shame. Stick to an argument and stop popin smoke nades.