Bellazon

The 2007 Sport Illustrated Swimsuit discussion

anna89

Damn, I thought it was Fernanda Motta on the cover, and when I saw it .. it was Beyonce <_< . I'm so sick of Beyonce, she's everywhere. Magazines like SI should have MODELS on the cover. I'm disappointed. :no:

yeh they should have models that are nice, toned and athletic...oh wait i just described anabb :D

:rofl: It doesn't even have to be Ana, you know ? But a MODEL, yes.

TOTALLY AGREED! :yes:

Its not nice to say that about beyonce cos she is talented otherwise she wudnt have got the cover but just cos she said that stuff doesnt mean there was a rascist undertone or rasicim. I dont get y ppl r so bothered by this its hardly a thing to get bothered over wen there r serious sh*t happenin in the world that needs more attention than whether beyonce got the cover etc :whistle: im only saying and not havin a go at anyone :whistle:

I'm actually not as mad as I am disappointed. I wanted maybe Ana to get the cover. I mean she gets like no exposure. No one here even knows who she is. Beyonce in no way deserves it.

I know wat u meant and the dissapointment u felt wen u saw beyonce and i dnt think u were being rascist or had rascist undertone to wat u said altho wat u said bout beyonce was a tad harsh but i know wat u meant :wave:

just for sitting around looking beautiful(with lots of hard work)...now if that isent the ultimate success i donno what is.

Um, how about curing cancer? Or AIDS. Or finding the solution to world hunger. If sitting around and being beautiful is the ultimate sucess, we're all going to hell.

This is SI and Beyonce has nothing to do with SI.

This is sort of akin to Peyton Manning winning a Superbowl and giving him the Oscar for best actor as a prize. Talented? Yes. But it's the wrong reward.

LOL. That's a great analogy!:)

Damn, I thought it was Fernanda Motta on the cover, and when I saw it .. it was Beyonce <_< . I'm so sick of Beyonce, she's everywhere. Magazines like SI should have MODELS on the cover. I'm disappointed. :no:

yeh they should have models that are nice, toned and athletic...oh wait i just described anabb :D

:rofl: It doesn't even have to be Ana, you know ? But a MODEL, yes.

TOTALLY AGREED! :yes:

thanks :wave: . Actually I'm pretty over it. I was just a bit shocked. This is a bit silly. Anyway atleast if people buy the magazine all of our favorite models will get more exposure.

im not outraged, but a little disappointed because thats always usually saved for a hard working model, and when she gets it, its such an honor, and i doubt that this cover means anything to beyonce. i love her music, but i think shes crossing territory, because as we can all see, shes upset some people in this forum, which will prob lead people to have something against her, and they probably wont buy her music either. but in a better light, she is a better role model for young girls since she isnt stick thin.

in the end, i would rather have a model than a singer, i feel like the model is dissapearing.

i swear if i see beyonce or christina aguilera or any of them in the VSFS i will die!

I am not outraged, but I am disappointed :/ SI was one of the few American magazines that featured models on their cover. Yes, many don't consider models in SI as "real" models b/c they are not stick-thin. However, just b/c they are healthy-looking doesn't make them inferior, and to be honest I wouldn't want to see any high fashion model in SI---I think it might traumatize me :ninja:

I guess SI really want to increase their circulations.

Its not nice to say that about beyonce cos she is talented otherwise she wudnt have got the cover but just cos she said that stuff doesnt mean there was a rascist undertone or rasicim. I dont get y ppl r so bothered by this its hardly a thing to get bothered over wen there r serious sh*t happenin in the world that needs more attention than whether beyonce got the cover etc :whistle: im only saying and not havin a go at anyone :whistle:

I'm actually not as mad as I am disappointed. I wanted maybe Ana to get the cover. I mean she gets like no exposure. No one here even knows who she is. Beyonce in no way deserves it.

What do you mean, deserves it?

She's a woman that many, many, many men find beautiful.

What's the SE about other than being able to look at gorgeous girls in swimsuits?

There's no 'deserves' here. It's not as if they're looking to award someone for their hard work by putting them on the cover. If it was about being 'deserving' for how hard someone works, I know plenty of everyday people that deserve it more than a millionaire Brazilian.

Ana is very pretty. They gave it to another pretty girl instead. Whoopee.

The annoying thing is that for models is such an honor and for beyonce it's like nothing. When they signed her to do it they probably like gauranteed her the cover instead of choosing by quality. It's a shame they're going just to sell more copies. You'd think they'd have some dignity.

The annoying thing is that for models is such an honor and for beyonce it's like nothing. When they signed her to do it they probably like gauranteed her the cover instead of choosing by quality. It's a shame they're going just to sell more copies. You'd think they'd have some dignity.

so you're upset based on what you think Beyonce thinks of it?

Sounds like you're just mad at your own conjecture.

What's the SE about other than being able to look at gorgeous girls in swimsuits?

There's no 'deserves' here. It's not as if they're looking to award someone for their hard work by putting them on the cover. If it was about being 'deserving' for how hard someone works, I know plenty of everyday people that deserve it more than a millionaire Brazilian.

Yeah but she's not a model and this means like nothing to her. I personally don't think she's talented at all so I don't think she deserves a lot of things and just seeing her on this cover made me mad because first of all she's not a modle/athlete, second of all her body is horrid for swimsuits, 3rd of all she always looks so cheesy and fake in her pictures, and 4th of all she was like garaunteed the cover before she even shot probably. When the other girls did a much better job. Imo yes Beyonce works hard but she's not talented nor do I think her face is pretty, she looks so plastic to me yet she gets millions of dollars just because she has a big ass and she shakes it all over the place. My mom went to a university and when she moved to America she had to work night shifts just because she doesn't speak english well and can't teach here. She works harder than Beyonce yet she isn't a millionaire nor does she get SI. covers. So the point of the cover is not rewarding hard work. Beyonce didn't go to school and she can't sing or act and she gets millions of dollars yet my mom and other people I know had to live through bad childhoods, work their way through college/university, and then are forced to work for low wages. It's sad really. Also Beyonce is really undeserving of everything she gets and imo she is just extremely lucky and priveledged and that annoys me.

Yeah but she's not a model and this means like nothing to her. I personally don't think she's talented at all so I don't think she deserves a lot of things and just seeing her on this cover made me mad because first of all she's not a modle/athlete, second of all her body is horrid for swimsuits, 3rd of all she always looks so cheesy and fake in her pictures, and 4th of all she was like garaunteed the cover before she even shot probably. When the other girls did a much better job. Imo yes Beyonce works hard but she's not talented nor do I think her face is pretty, she looks so plastic to me yet she gets millions of dollars just because she has a big ass and she shakes it all over the place. My mom went to a university and when she moved to America she had to work night shifts just because she doesn't speak english well and can't teach here. She works harder than Beyonce yet she isn't a millionaire nor does she get SI. covers. So the point of the cover is not rewarding hard work. Beyonce didn't go to school and she can't sing or act and she gets millions of dollars yet my mom and other people I know had to live through bad childhoods, work their way through college/university, and then are forced to work for low wages. It's sad really. Also Beyonce is really undeserving of everything she gets and imo she is just extremely lucky and priveledged and that annoys me.

1) YOU don't think she's talented at singing, so she doesn't deserve to get on a cover based on her looks.

2) YOU think her body isn't good for swimsuits. However, most men I know disagree - they think her thick thighs are sexy. This isn't a new phenomenon. John Lee Hooker had a blues song in the 1960s about big legs, tight skirts driving men out of their minds. Many people, myself included, thinks she looks really freaking hot in a swimsuit. There's no standard we can refer to apart from personal attraction.

3) YOU think so. Again, millions disagree.

4) Did a better job? Better job at what? Posing in a swimsuit. This isn't charity work in the Sudan. This is posing in swimsuits.