Bellazon

The Batman (2021)

Michael*

On 7/1/2021 at 10:43 PM, Cult Icon said:

The toys spoiled what the batman suit looks like

I would give it high marks for being the most functional-looking of the live action suits with little in the way of superfluous "bat stuff" going on. We'll have to see when the film drops whether Pattinson actually looks like that when he's wearing it.

In fairness though, I'm not a great lover of the giant bruiser version of Batman anyway. I always found it a bit too contradictory of the stealth concept.

9 hours ago, Michael* said:

I would give it high marks for being the most functional-looking of the live action suits with little in the way of superfluous "bat stuff" going on. We'll have to see when the film drops whether Pattinson actually looks like that when he's wearing it.

In fairness though, I'm not a great lover of the giant bruiser version of Batman anyway. I always found it a bit too contradictory of the stealth concept.

Agreed, it's the most functional looking.  The Nolan suits looked too much like an exoskeleton while the Synder suit was too bulky.  

I like the Batman Begins suit a lot more than the later ones.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:17 AM, Cult Icon said:

Agreed, it's the most functional looking.  The Nolan suits looked too much like an exoskeleton while the Synder suit was too bulky.  

I like the Batman Begins suit a lot more than the later ones.

For sure, I think the Batman Begins one was the most believable as a suit that someone with the motivations of Wayne, and of course near-unlimited resources, would actually want to make.

I particularly like the popped up collar with the elevated ridge around the neck on this new one though, which I'm guessing is flak-jacket inspired.

20 hours ago, Michael* said:

For sure, I think the Batman Begins one was the most believable as a suit that someone with the motivations of Wayne, and of course near-unlimited resources, would actually want to make.

I particularly like the popped up collar with the elevated ridge around the neck on this new one though, which I'm guessing is flak-jacket inspired.

I heard that the suit was very hot, heavy, and uncomfortable for Bale to wear, and he couldn't turn his head.

I like how the suit makes him look like a mythical creature, like a human gargoyle.  

batman-begins.png?w=584&h=396

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...