Bellazon

Cicinho
Thumbnail

Rani_7

MADRID-OSASUNA

Goalkeepers: Casillas and Diego López.

Defense: Cannavaro, Helguera, Ramos, Torres, Roberto Carlos, Cicinho, Marcelo, Mejía and Miñambres.

Midfielders: Emerson, Diarra, Reyes, Robinho, De la Red and Raúl.

Forwards: Van Nistelrooy, Higuaín and Cassano.

"Now I want to triumph even more with Real Madrid"

Cicinho completed one of the last stages of his recovery last week when he made the squad list to travel to Vigo –he was also named on today’s list for the Osasuna match-. A great reward for six months of gruelling work after a severe knee injury which kept him sidelined since Matchday 4 of the League. He has returned to help the team; he has returned to be a participant in the homestretch of a season which could end with a title. The Brazilian right back spoke about the current state of his team, his personal situation, the match that awaits the Whites at the Santiago Bernabéu and, of course, he didn’t forget to remind the fans that the League can still be won!

Left behind are six months of injury.

I've been waiting six months, and I finally made the Vigo list, and then the Osasuna list today. I am pleased and happy because I am certain I'm better now than before. Nothing is bothering me, I'm training normally, I've recovered by physique, and I'll be in top form soon.

You've admitted that you're still a little scared of reinjuring your knee.

Logically, but turning is scarier than going in for the ball. I know I'll get over it in time and that I'll recover all my confidence. I am a positive person, and I'll forget about all my fears when I step onto the field of play.

Tell us about your six month of recovery and rehab.

They were hard. From the very first day, my family and I decided that I had to focus all my strength on my treatment. I watched as little television as possible for example. I knew what Real Madrid were doing, but I guess I left football behind. I only thought about the injury. Everything was hard at first, but the last month or two flew by. My goal was to get better as soon as possible in order to help my team fight for the League. "Now I want to triumph even more with Real Madrid.

Do you speak to Capello often?

I speak to the coach almost every day. He encourages me to play like I did before and to help the team in the title hunt. Capello always has the group in mind when he speaks to me. He asked me to really focus on my treatment and to remain calm because he has faith in me. I think Capello is a great manager.

Madrid can still win the League!

It will be won! A team like Madrid should always be thinking about the title. The urge to be number one is always there. All our strength is concentrated on this League because we can do it. It's real and we have the talent and passion to win it.

It was tough, but the team left Vigo with a win.

It was very tough. They fought the entire 90 minutes because of their dire need of points, but we hung in there, worked hard, and Robinho scored a crucial goal which gave us the three points and kept us alive in the League.

Vigo was, in a sense, a good luck charm for you: You scored in Balaídos last year and this year it marked your return to a squad list.

Very true. It was very important to me that I make my way back onto squad lists. It represents a definite return to the team. I hope to play soon, although we'll take each day at a time. In terms of scoring, I hope to be able to dedicate a goal to my son. Will all the respect in the world for my teammates, it's obvious that I'm going to give my very best to earn a starting role.

To win the League its vital that you win at home.

We're five points of the lead in the table, and other teams haven't been very consistent either. We've played well at times but not been able to win. But we can still make up the difference like that. The team is confident, it trains hard, and the dressig room is happy and convinced that it will win the League. Every match left is a final, especially if played at the Bernabéu. We know we haven't performed as well as desired at home, but there's time to fix everything, and to put on a show and win matches for our fans.

Third final: Osasuna

Another very hard opponent. Truth be told, each macth will be complicated. The majority of the teams from here on out have something at stake -making into European competition, relegation, a title- and whoever doesn't have anything to play for has honour and the satisfaction of defeating Real Madrid on the line. Every team brings its 'A' game against us, and that's why all the games we have left will be complicated, no matter who the rival. We're talking about finals, and we have two under our belts. There are ten left, and we're going to go all out for our third against Osasuna.

Racing vs. Real Madrid

• KEEPERS: Casillas, Diego López, Casilla

• DEFENDERS: Ramos, Cicinho, Helguera, Cannavaro, Mejía, Marcelo, Salgado

• MIDFIELDERS: Guti, Gago, Emerson, Diarra, Robinho, Raúl, Reyes

• STRIKERS: Higuaín, Cassano, Van Nistelrooy