Bellazon

Cicinho
Thumbnail

Rani_7

Cicinho on Punto Radio

"Capello wants us to remain focused being that there are no easy opponents left"

Real Madrid's Brazilian defender was the guest of Punto Radio's “El Mirador”, where he discussed the team's current situation and the future of Roberto Carlos.

The Brazilian right-back told “El Mirador” that Capello "is a great coach and he has proved to those that didn't care for him that he can get teams to play well when given the time to work at it. He's a fantastic manager and I think he'll be here next season."

Cicinho then mentioned a project he's about to roll out with Roberto Carlos. "We're building a facility for kids who have no where to train. It's all about improving their lives as best we can," commented the defender.

Regarding yesterday's conversation with Capello, "He just wants us to remain very focused being that there are no easy opponents left on the calendar. We were up 2-0 in our last match and allowed them to pull even. We are working on maintaining our good form."

Finally, Cicinho spoke about life prior to moving to Madrid. "I led a hectic lifestyle as a footballer when I started, but things have changed now. My wife is the main reason. We met nine years ago and got married a year and a half ago."

Cicinho: Roberto Carlos wants Real Madrid stay

tribalfooball.com - May 23, 2007

Cicinho has revealed Roberto Carlos wants to stay with Real Madrid.

The veteran wing-back declared earlier this week that he intends to stick with his decision to leave Real at the end of this season.

However, Cicinho admitted: "The great players want to play for Real Madrid. Roberto is a great player, the best in the world in his position and the will to remain is very great. He is speaking with the directors of Madrid and we will see what is good for both parties."

Real Madrid - Deportivo

Keepers: Iker Casillas, Diego López

Defenders: Miguel Torres, Cicinho, Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Helguera, Roberto Carlos, Marcelo

Midfielders: Emerson, Diarra, Beckham, Gago, Guti, Reyes, Robinho

Strikers: Higuaín, Raúl, Van Nistelrooy.

MATCH REPORT

3 - Real Madrid: Iker Casillas; Miguel Torres, Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Roberto Carlos (Cicinho, min.89); Beckham, Gago, Diarra, Robinho (Guti, min. 76); Raul and Van Nistelrooy (Higuai­n, min.90).

1 - Deportivo La Coruna: Aouate; Coloccini, Andrade, Lopo, Capdevila; Estoyanoff (Bodipo, min. 62), De Guzma¡n, Sergio (Verdu, min. 78), Cristian; Juan Rodri­guez and Arizmendi (Barraga¡n, min.86).

Goals:

1-0. Min. 29: Sergio Ramos boots it in after a header by Van Nistelrooy.

1-1. Min. 55: Capdevila slots home following De Guzma¡n's near post assist.

2-1. Min. 57: Raul heads in a perfect Beckham cross.

3-1. Min. 75: Van Nistelrooy after Raul's burrowing action.

Referee: Ferna¡ndez Borbala¡n, Andalusian Refereeing Committee. Booked Beckham (24') of Real Madrid and Cristian (29'), Estoyanoff (36'), De Guzma¡n (38'), and Coloccini (84') of Deportivo.

Highlights: Attendance: 83,000, for a Santiago Bernabeu full to capacity in Matchday 36 of the Primera Liga. Raul levelled with Gento's 605 match record with Real Madrid and scored his 187th League goal.

Cicinho press conference

"All we're thinking about is defeating Zaragoza"

With just two matches remaining to decide the League champion, the only thing Real Madrid players are thinking about is their next final against Zaragoza in La Romareda on 9 June at 9 pm CET. Despite having a pretty calm week of training with nine players on international duty, those still in the Spanish capital are doing what it takes to be in top form for the next encounter. During today's press conference, Cicinho expressed his satisfaction with his form after recovering from a torn ACL. The defender is also looking forward to 17 June, when he hopes to be celebrating the League title.

Despite the stoppage, there is still a lot of talk about the League coming out of Brazil's and England's camps, for example.

That just shows that we're all thinking about the Zaragoza match. Even if Robinho is on duty with the Brazilian national team, he's still got his mind focused on the League. We're all thinking about winning this next key match, which would leave us one victory away from the title.

Yesterday Guti said, “It's a disgrace that Raúl wasn't called up by Spain." What do you think about it?

Raúl is a great player and the Spanish national team is more or less like Brazil's. They both have good players and a coach that tries to call up the best. If he wasn't called up it's because the coach has his own opinions. We as players just have to work harder to return to the national team. I could have returned after six months, which I am very happy about, so I am sure Raúl will return as well.

Do you think Zaragoza players have been offered bonuses if they defeat you? Are you for or against these bonuses?

It's a tough call. In Brazil I played for a team that payed us more money for beating certain teams. It's just something that happens in football. I don't see it as a bad thing. It's just an incentive for a team to win. But we're not worried about it. I don't think Zaragoza are interested in the money, just beating Real Madrid. They see Madrid as a team they want to play and an important victory. We're keeping our cool. I'm not sure if Barcelona does it, but I'd rather not get involved. We're going to leave [Zaragoza] with a victory.

What do you think about the fact that every other League in Europe has ended while Spain's hasn't?

I like our calendar because it gives players time to rest. In 2004 I played 84 matches with Sao Paulo. It's a normal occurrence here in Spain, but in Brazil there is no time off.

Are these international matches detrimental to the League?

We would rather not have these two weeks off because we are in sync. There also exists a possibility that one of our players might get hurt, forcing him to miss one or both of the remaining matches. But we have to get over it and just see it as a part of football.

Will you watch tonight's Brazil–England match?

It's a great match and I hope Brazil wins. My main worry is Beckham because he's in incredible form right now.

Do you understand all the criticism coming out of Barcelona regarding the referees?

Not at all. They have also won matches thanks to a little help. It's an every day thing in football. They have the right to complain just like we do. It's only normal when a team goes through a patch like they are.

What do you think about Ronaldinho's one game suspension?

He's a great player who is going through a difficult phase, but any team would love to have him. I think he'll return to his old form, meaning becoming the best player in the world again.

Have you told Roberto Carlos he shoud stay again?

Yes. I just told him I was coming up here to talk to the press and to tell him he should stay. He may change his mind if we win the League.

Yesterday Guti also said that he would leave next year if he continued riding the bench. Your thoughts?

I think it would hurt Madrid. We would like him to stay. Guti is pretty calm right now and I would rather not discuss it any more because I don't know what's going through his head. He's a very important piece of this team and we'll need him in the future.

What would you give for Kaká to play for Real Madrid next year?

I think Madrid has the money to buy him. Once all the competitions are over and Kaká is on vacation he'll be able to talk to Real Madrid. I was just talking to Roberto about it and he also thinks it's in Real Madrid's best interest to sign him. And I think it's in their best interest that Roberto stays.

Would you like Beckham to stay?

He's also a very important player, but I think he's already signed a contract with another team. That said, Real Madrid has everything it would take for David to stay. But once the League ends and we're in La Cibeles Fountain celebrating, many players may change their minds about leaving.

What do you think about the possibility of bringing in Ribery and Robben?

I am not familiar with them. The best would be if no player left and that more were signed. We have to work hard and I am only worried about myself. I really want to stay here. I have returned to my national team after missing seven months, and I have played matches and made it to the Copa America. The Club will do whatever is in Real Madrid's best interest.

Cicinho Supports Cash-To-Win Offers

Cicinho believes that there is nothing wrong with teams receiving cash bonuses from third parties to help inspire them to victory as the scandal continues to grip the Spanish title race.

The grey area of clubs offering money to teams that are set to play their rivals is being investigated after Real Madrid's president Ramón Calderón first revealed that he was prepared to do it recently.

Getafe failed to beat Barça and Deportivo came unstuck against Real Madrid last weekend, despite both clubs being rumoured to have received the offer of a maletín, the case rumbles on.

Whether it is legal or not, Cicinho believes that is common in the world of football, does not always guarantee success.

"In Brazil I played for a team that earned some money this way because we won a certain game," he said.

"It is just something that happens in the game and I do not see anything wrong with it as it is only an incentive to play well."

In the penultimate round of games in la Primera, Madrid travel to Real Zaragoza and Cicinho is confident that the visitors will win whether their opponents are offered money or not.

"It does not worry us because we know that Real Zaragoza want to beat us anyway," he said.

"Real Madrid is a team that everyone likes to try and beat.

"I do not think any extra money will help them though.

"If they do receive an offer then they will nobody will have to pay up because we are going to win the match."

Cicinho: Real Madrid can prise Kaka away from AC Milan

Cicinho is backing Real Madrid to land his Brazil teammate Kaka from AC Milan this summer.

The fullback said: "Real has the cash in order to buy Kaka.

"We'll wait for all the leagues to finish, go on holiday and I'm sure talks will be held between Milan and Real Madrid."

"The best thing would be to buy Kaka," concluded Cicinho, "and that Roberto Carlos remains!"