Jump to content
Bellazon

Cyberpunk 2077 (2020)


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

@Enrico_sw  @Matt!  

 

new cyberpunk content.  The game is also delayed until November

 

Yup, I've seen that. The game looks beautiful. CD Projekt are perfectionists, I'm sure they delayed the game because they want it to be perfect when it's released. These 5 months are going to be long :bounce:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

looks like the game is based around a main story + lots of side stories, mini-stories and characters- just like the Witcher 3

 

 

The Witcher 3 was perfect. You never change a winning team, so it's great that they are following the same logic.

 

I'm sure Ciri will be in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

 

Yup, I've seen that. The game looks beautiful. CD Projekt are perfectionists, I'm sure they delayed the game because they want it to be perfect when it's released. These 5 months are going to be long :bounce:

 

The game is going to be cross-generational (released on eg. both PS4 and PS5) 

 

I finished watching the new footage.  I feel like I have a much better understanding of what the game is about.  It looks like a mix of Deus Ex and GTA, and it really seems like they are out to get people who like Rockstar games to buy this one too.  

 

Night City is very Japanese-ish, kind of like Ghost in the Shell or contemporary Japanese cities.  The outskirts of Night City resembles the sparsely populated roads of America with bad stores and housing & rednecks.

 

From earlier news, the map is much smaller than the Witcher 3 or GTA maps but it is densely populated and built up vertically.  Hopefully it will be still a massive game.  I heard however, that CD said that the game is shorter than Witcher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

'm sure Ciri will be in the game.

 

Based on this?  It would really cool if she came in and the player did a short story with her, and then she would teleport back to Witcher land

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no doubting the technical merits of this as they've been very clearly on display since day one. However, it does seemingly incorporate two of my least favourite things to play through in games, first person stealth and first person melee combat. So I suppose what I'm trying to say is, I'm in two minds but willing to be won over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Michael* said:

There's no doubting the technical merits of this as they've been very clearly on display since day one. However, it does seemingly incorporate two of my least favourite things to play through in games, first person stealth and first person melee combat. So I suppose what I'm trying to say is, I'm in two minds but willing to be won over.

 

This game is getting an enormous amount of hype due to the exceptional nature of the Witcher.

 

Yea, the melee combat doesn't look very good, and stealth games should be 3rd person.  The combat also looks rather average?  But the story and world building should make up for it.

 

I have a few observations/issues

 

-The art direction is more Robocop/ Judge Dredd /  rather than Blade Runner/ Ghost in the Shell

 

-The graphics have very intricate art direction however one closer inspection the animations don't look all that smooth- a certain jankyness like in the Witcher.

 

-The extreme detail and wow factor of the first few reveals is unlikely to be reflective of the average mission of the game- most of it is probably more like the 1 hr gameplay released not long ago and the recently released footage.  

 

-I hope that the writing and storylines will be as high quality as the amazing Witcher game!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Admittedly, with what promises to be a pretty vast scope for physical augmentation options, I can sort of imagine a third person version of the game could quite quickly become a nightmare to handle.

 

That being said, although I know some folks would disagree, the Fallout series lets you switch between first for aiming and third for roaming and I think that works perfectly. This looks like a game where third could have been useful, but hopefully the pros outweigh the cons.

 

Overall though, most of what I've seen so far reinforces my belief that the ideal time to play a CDPR game is probably about three to six months after the release date. The best version of Witcher 3 was after several months of patches and improvements.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael* said:

Admittedly, with what promises to be a pretty vast scope for physical augmentation options, I can sort of imagine a third person version of the game could quite quickly become a nightmare to handle.

 

That being said, although I know some folks would disagree, the Fallout series lets you switch between first for aiming and third for roaming and I think that works perfectly. This looks like a game where third could have been useful, but hopefully the pros outweigh the cons.

 

3rd person to 1st person toggling should be a simple thing? When you drive it toggles to 3rd person.   I don't know but there may be a mode to do so. 

 

Deus Ex series had augmentation  too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

3rd person to 1st person toggling should be a simple thing? When you drive it toggles to 3rd person.   I don't know but there may be a mode to do so. 

 

Deus Ex series had augmentation  too.

 

I'd like to see more games that allow you to switch back and forth, like the original Star Wars Battlefront games used to.

 

Overall though, yeah, I'm surprised they didn't work to integrate as much third person as possible. If the game were focussed primarily on customisation of weaponry it would make sense, but it seems a bit contradictory to try and get you all excited about customisation of characters and then barely let the player see them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...