Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So, Disney finally announced the details of its own streaming service last month and four new MCU shows have since been confirmed, with some of the more popular fringe characters who don't, and probably won't, have their own standalone movies to return in greatly expanded roles.

 

trv1chohhub4pblkijrc.jpg

WandaVision
The official (and quite appalling) title for the Scarlet Witch/Vision series. Joining the cast is Teyonah Parris as Monica Rambeau, who last appeared as a kid in the 90s-set bits of Captain Marvel. In the books, she's also the hero Spectrum.

 

p01u7pkvqzibfrdsqykb.jpg

Falcon and The Winter Soldier
Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie to return and team up, with Daniel Bruhl to reprise the role of Baron Zemo.

 

ubvoyeiaatxodhhljtdp.jpg

Loki
Tom Hiddleston back in the role, which feels like a pretty big get. I was under the impression that he was done as Loki.

 

rykkkld3nhnoyixaxfkq.jpg

What If?
An animated series with original cast members returning and Jeffrey Wright to voice The Watcher. Feige has described the first episode as "what if Peggy Carter had become a supersoldier and Steve Rogers had stayed a scrawny kid, but joined the fight in an armored suit made by Howard Stark."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly, Marvel Studios will be making these shows instead of Marvel Television which made the previous MCU shows. It will probably be more than a year before we get to see the first show, but I wonder how that impacts the end result.

 

I think there is a chance of a Hawkeye series as well, it may be a while before it's confirmed though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019 at 7:07 PM, jkjk said:

If I remember correctly, Marvel Studios will be making these shows instead of Marvel Television which made the previous MCU shows. It will probably be more than a year before we get to see the first show, but I wonder how that impacts the end result.

 

I think there is a chance of a Hawkeye series as well, it may be a while before it's confirmed though.

 

Yeah, for some reason my impression was that a Hawkeye series with Barton and Kate Bishop had already been greenlit. I definitely remember Jeremy Renner pushing for it some time ago, so it came as something of a surprise when they made no mention of it here.

 

Given my ultimate pick of course, I'd prefer a Pizza Dog series, perhaps with Renner in a brief cameo. :no2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oc2xjgvursbzbwr0d2hd.jpg

 

On top of the four previously announced shows, the Hawkeye series is now official too, with Kate Bishop to be a part of the story as Renner's protege. No word on who's playing her just yet though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three new shows in the works. Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Moon Knight, She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters).

 

I know there had been whispers of Kamala Khan and She-Hulk as movies, but seems like those were unfounded. I'm sure both will work as shows, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 3:52 AM, jkjk said:

Three new shows in the works. Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Moon Knight, She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters).

 

I know there had been whispers of Kamala Khan and She-Hulk as movies, but seems like those were unfounded. I'm sure both will work as shows, too.

 

Quite intriguing to see She-Hulk on Marvel's to-do list there as I can't imagine that being a particularly easy sell. If promoting her to the movies at some point is in any way a priority, they're going to need top flight CGI that looks comparable to Banner's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So apparently Disney+ has everything at a 16:9 ratio, in spite of the format the original show was shot on.

 

If this is the amount of respect they are giving their customers, I have no interest in subscribing to their service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I'd watch a She-Hulk show long before I'd watch a Hawkeye show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 1:44 PM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Also, I'd watch a She-Hulk show long before I'd watch a Hawkeye show.

 

The recent comic book run of She-Hulk is actually one of my favourites of the last few years, not only because she's so upbeat and positive, but the story takes a fairly economical approach to the superhero stuff. That being said, I feel like transitioning that into live action with the amount of CGI they'll be needing could prove a bit rocky.

 

Even if it turns out to be a disaster though, it was worth it for the shrieks of "Stan Lee would turn in his grave if he knew they were gender swapping the Hulk" that appeared online soon after the announcement was made. :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Michael* said:

Even if it turns out to be a disaster though, it was worth it for the shrieks of "Stan Lee would turn in his grave if he knew they were gender swapping the Hulk" that appeared online soon after the announcement was made. :rofl:

 

That was very funny for two reasons to me. 1) It's funny how people's first reaction to a female led show/movie is negative without anything on which to base that negativity  2) and, of course, the obvious lack of knowledge about the comic book history of She-Hulk.   :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 10:36 PM, jkjk said:

That was very funny for two reasons to me. 1) It's funny how people's first reaction to a female led show/movie is negative without anything on which to base that negativity  2) and, of course, the obvious lack of knowledge about the comic book history of She-Hulk.   :rofl:

 

Not that it seems to stop people of course, but there can be few bigger wastes of an adult's time than getting narked about the existence of a female Hulk. I myself am fine with it, as long as it's followed by He-Marvel, Black Widower and Scarlet Warlock. ;)

 

As primarily a street-level kind of hero but also a bit of a lightning rod for weirdness, Moon Knight always seemed to occupy a slightly odd territory in the books. I'm imagining something not too different to Legion where we can never be sure what's real, perhaps with a few cameos by established characters for him to play off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know Moon Knight well, but it sounds like it could be fun.

 

Whenever I start to get too interested in a show, I remind myself it's a long wait for these shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jkjk said:

I don't know Moon Knight well, but it sounds like it could be fun.

 

Whenever I start to get too interested in a show, I remind myself it's a long wait for these shows.

 

Overall, I think he's probably a better fit for a mini-series than an origin movie, because they'll likely have to burn through at least two or three hours just to explain him and his powers.

 

Yeah, unfortunately, they're all still a long way off. Falcon and Winter Soldier won't be arriving for another year, followed by WandaVision and Loki in the Spring of 2021. That being said, it should be fun when more announcements about casting and suchlike start to roll in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Michael* said:

That being said, it should be fun when more announcements about casting and suchlike start to roll in

 

True, it was some of the cast announcements that made me more interested in the upcoming movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jkjk said:

True, it was some of the cast announcements that made me more interested in the upcoming movies.

 

Absolutely, given Marvel's strong track record of casting their main players, I'll be watching pretty much all the future announcements with great interest. Provided they're willing to pony up on the CGI front, I see no reason why all these shows can't be hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A future Blade crossover perhaps, with Moon Knight now expected to feature the live-action debut of Werewolf By Night, a character long rumoured to appear in the MCU at some point. Although I guess the jury was out on where it might potentially come to fruition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first look at some of the new shows is finally here.

 

"That's not how they look in the comics, what's wrong with just the classic outfit"

*Character wears original costume for a split second*

"OMG where TF is the unsee button"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In probably the first really intriguing piece of casting for Marvel's Disney shows, WandaVision is thought to have added Evan Peters, who of course played Quicksilver in some of Fox's X-Men films.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jkjk said:

Interesting use of the multiverse. I'm sure there will be more now.

 

It's a piece of casting that the fans will have fun debating, for sure. What with the multiverse thing presumably being the main focus, the further thought occurs that Peters and Taylor-Johnson could both appear in some kind of sideways look at other realities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information