Bellazon

Marvel on Disney+

Michael*

On 12/12/2020 at 7:10 PM, jkjk said:

I had not thought about that, but completely agree. I don't know how the shows being Marvel Studios productions affects that.

It's now beginning to sound like WandaVision, while still totalling six hours' worth of content, has been bumped from six episodes to nine (Falcon and Winter Soldier will be sticking to six from its start date of mid-March). That could simply mean that each episode is around the 40-minute mark, or that we may begin to see fluctuations in length after all. I'd rather it be the former, but we'll see how it goes.

36 minutes ago, Michael* said:

It's now beginning to sound like WandaVision, while still totalling six hours' worth of content, has been bumped from six episodes to nine (Falcon and Winter Soldier will be sticking to six from its start date of mid-March). That could simply mean that each episode is around the 40-minute mark, or that we may begin to see fluctuations in length after all. I'd rather it be the former, but we'll see how it goes.

I tried to look for but couldn't find the article I read quoting Feige on this. He said the episodes are essentially there as breaks. Think of a show as a six-hour movie, it could be split into six one hour episodes or eight 45-minute episodes. This approach makes sense coming from a movie studio moving into tv.

3 hours ago, jkjk said:

I tried to look for but couldn't find the article I read quoting Feige on this. He said the episodes are essentially there as breaks. Think of a show as a six-hour movie, it could be split into six one hour episodes or eight 45-minute episodes. This approach makes sense coming from a movie studio moving into tv.

I'm imagining something similar to Marvel's Netflix stuff now, where the seasons were also structured like very long films. My only real complaint about that approach is that it's probably better suited to binge-watching than rationing the episodes to once a week.

Thinking back to things like Daredevil and Luke Cage, few of the episodes really worked as standalone pieces and seemed to have a habit of just ending rather than steering you towards any kind of pay-off.

Safe to say they're still going all out with the casting for the Disney+ stuff. While ordinarily, it would feel like a fair bet for Hawke to play Bushman, it's such a grisly character that there's a chance they might just do an "in name only" adaptation.

• 2 weeks later...

WandaVision has been ever so tense to navigate so far and all the better for it, of course. I appreciate that while a lot of the MCU stuff tends to reward the viewer for keeping up with the continuity, this one seems to hold that knowledge over you and I've absolutely no idea where it's headed, which is great.

A back burner observation until we get a few episodes deeper, but what I really like (other than just the fact that it's very good) is that I'm clueless as to who might be behind the situation they're in. The tech they showed at the end of the first two episodes looked decidedly human and somewhat unlikely to be anything as insane as Dormamu, Mephisto or Cthon.

For what it's worth though, I do prefer the idea of Dormamu being involved. You could tie it into the time stone being destroyed and Strange being unable to uphold his bargain.

• 2 weeks later...