Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

crazy ride, I understand and respect your opinion and I know they work a whole year for the outfits and songs, scenarium and all that. I really do. In Brazil we have carnival and every year they work their asses off to make the best parade possible based on their themes, like VS' segments. But... Just like some Carnival parades here, some years are not so great. Something happens, they can't arrange the best celebrities, they can't have the best ideas possible, some people feel outshined by others, etc. They are humans too. I would never say VS is crappy, I love their products and their marketing with this runway show is just spectacular. But yes, sometimes they make big mistakes here and there. You can't please everyone, but you can please 90% with something and only 60% with something else. Even respecting those musicians as I do - even Taylor, who I think is too full of herself - they are not as popular as many people would like to. It's like a soundtrack to the runway show and people expect this event the whole year to hear some music they have never heard. They get a little upset, that is all. But I don't think anyone is losing their sleep over this. I'm not a fan of them, I would prefer maybe Christina Aguilera there. But I respect who likes them. I just have my opinion and so does everybody else.

And I guess she was talking about the picture where Taylor poses with all the models, Class of 2013. Taylor didn't belong THERE, not the runway.

^ Agreed...last year's music was so much better.

What is Taylor Swift doing?  She is no model and does not belong  :idk:  :idk:  :idk:

I don't get what that means...she's performing. Where would you like her to be, standing in the crowd with the audience? Plenty of other performers have walked down the runway with the models during their performances every other year, if she stood in one spot it would be completely boring, cut the girl some slack!

No.  The comments were aimed at her being in the Class of 13 photo.  She does not belong in it...period.

If she walks the runway, fine.  No one is arguing that, at least not me.  I loved Rihanna on the runway last year.

I understand that you may be a Taylor Swift fan, but calm down and actually read the post before throwing a tirade.

^ Agreed...last year's music was so much better.

What is Taylor Swift doing?  She is no model and does not belong  :idk:  :idk:  :idk:

I don't get what that means...she's performing. Where would you like her to be, standing in the crowd with the audience? Plenty of other performers have walked down the runway with the models during their performances every other year, if she stood in one spot it would be completely boring, cut the girl some slack!

No.  The comments were aimed at her being in the Class of 13 photo.  She does not belong in it...period.

If she walks the runway, fine.  No one is arguing that, at least not me.  I loved Rihanna on the runway last year.

I understand that you may be a Taylor Swift fan, but calm down and actually read the post before throwing a tirade.

That wasn't a tirade...

And last year Rihanna was in TONS of photos with all the models backstage. I didn't hear anyone complaining about that. Do I like Taylor Swift? Yes. Am I a superfan? No. Do I think people rip on her unnecessarily? Yes. Just because someone asked her to step into a group photo (I'm sure if they didn't want her in it, she wouldn't have been in it) is no cause to tear someone down. It is, after all, simply a group photo representing the 2013 VSFS. Something Taylor was a part of. The sign didn't say "The 2013 VSFS MODELS" So...take a breath. Smile. Enjoy the day. Learn to not let small things bother you so much :) :)

crazy ride, I understand and respect your opinion and I know they work a whole year for the outfits and songs, scenarium and all that. I really do. In Brazil we have carnival and every year they work their asses off to make the best parade possible based on their themes, like VS' segments. But... Just like some Carnival parades here, some years are not so great. Something happens, they can't arrange the best celebrities, they can't have the best ideas possible, some people feel outshined by others, etc. They are humans too. I would never say VS is crappy, I love their products and their marketing with this runway show is just spectacular. But yes, sometimes they make big mistakes here and there. You can't please everyone, but you can please 90% with something and only 60% with something else. Even respecting those musicians as I do - even Taylor, who I think is too full of herself - they are not as popular as many people would like to. It's like a soundtrack to the runway show and people expect this event the whole year to hear some music they have never heard. They get a little upset, that is all. But I don't think anyone is losing their sleep over this. I'm not a fan of them, I would prefer maybe Christina Aguilera there. But I respect who likes them. I just have my opinion and so does everybody else.

And I guess she was talking about the picture where Taylor poses with all the models, Class of 2013. Taylor didn't belong THERE, not the runway.

Co-sign.  Opinions are just that....opinions, and everyone is entitled to there's.  I respect crazyride and her opinions as well, but honest critique's are not bashing anyone or anything.

Lol except Taylor and the musical guests should be in the Class of 2013 photo because they were part of the show. It's a group photo to mark the memory of who was part of the show. Some of you are so weird with Candice, goodness.

That being said, I would not be surprised if she only got two outfits. She's had three for the last three years and it's not uncommon to bump a girl down to two outfits to let other people have more. She opened, she opened WITH the fantasy bra, and she got most of the attention tonight. Let's just all be very happy for her and with her because she is probably very grateful right now while others pick this apart. The show looks amazing, better than it has in a few years, and I'm excited.

My point is, there is WAY too much complaining being done about the artists. You mention Christina, (You think TS is too full of herself, I happen to think CA is the queen of self absorption. But opinions are like @ss holes...) did it cross your mind that she's tied to The Voice at the moment? There is no way she would have been able to do the show. Maybe another year, who knows. We aren't the ones who make these decisions. As I said, FOB and Taylor had big years, they were obviously chosen for a reason (for the record, I greatly dislike FOB). At the end of the day, they are simply one small piece of the grand puzzle of this year's show. I just don't get what the big deal is that everyone needs to carry on THIS much over who is performing. All we are is an audience, after all. Some Candice fans who will still be fans after the show. I can't count how many artists VS has used over the years that I don't like (I'm not a fan of pop music for the most part so I won't really ever see my favorite artists up there, no big deal) but I'm not ever going to let that ruin a show for me. That's all I'm trying to say. I don't see why some of you are making it SUCH a big deal. Or why we need to continue to beat this dead horse in Candice's thread.

^^ A class picture typically includes the actual members of the class and the instructors who taught the class.  Applying that analogy to the fashion show, the picture is for the actual models, not guest musicians.

This has nothing to do with Candice or being "weird" about her her.  Its just an honest critique.

And the three outfits have already been confirmed. 

Lol except Taylor and the musical guests should be in the Class of 2013 photo because they were part of the show. It's a group photo to mark the memory of who was part of the show. Some of you are so weird with Candice, goodness.

You legit took the words right out of my mouth!

Candice's VSFS Outfits In Review!

Since people are claiming old outfits as new, I thought I'd do a review of Candice's VSFS outfits so there is no confusion. :)

post-42006-0-1446056617-43778_thumb.jpg

+ special finale outfit

post-42006-0-1446056617-46288_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446056617-4777_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446056617-48838_thumb.jpg

+ special finale outfit

post-42006-0-1446056617-495_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446056617-5105_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446056617-53776_thumb.jpg

post-42006-0-1446056617-56032_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446056617-56855_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446056617-5791_thumb.jpg

post-42006-0-1446056617-58604_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446056617-61126_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446056617-62147_thumb.jpg

post-42006-0-1446056617-62751_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446056617-64093_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446056617-66404_thumb.jpg

source: wireimage

2008 and 2012 for sure. Perhaps 2013 but I'll have to see them. Thanks for this!

You legit took the words right out of my mouth!

I just don't understand the big deal. :idk:  It's a group photo, and maybe the girls called her over to be in it. Who freaking cares. It's the biggest night in fashion.