Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

9 minutes ago, F 4 5 H U N said:

I just think it's silly that people get worked up on something as small as a hairstyle in a dress up festival. Bringing politics into fashion is highly hypocritical

and I'm always suspicious of those who do as they emphasize the righteousness of their political stance only to draw attention to themselves. 

Fashion by it's nature is frivolous and fleeting and takes the first exit when things heat up, it's not a form of expression that takes a stand. Ever. This is why I don't 

take people who bring hard politics into fashion seriously. 

@wonderfulwonderful We're just discussing stuff here and having fun while we're at it. It's not a dig at you or anything personal. It's a better forum that any I've been 

on. Lastly, welcome to Bellazon.

I think, under the current climate that this world is in, it's incredibly ignorant and naïve to say that bringing politics into fashion is hypocritical. I don't even see this as politics. This is just basic human decency. We have to be conscious in all the choices that we make. Do I think there's a lot of sensitivity in this world right now and people get a little too touchy about things? Sure. But this just simply isn't one of them. I can tell Candice meant no harm by this; she's a spiritual person who believes in energy, etc. is a fan of Bob Marley and reggae and the Rasta culture and I'm sure she's aware of why people wore dreadlocks and the significance of them. But I don't think I should think twice about getting worked up when a white girl decides to wear something for fun that people wear every single day for valid and personal reasons, whether it be religious or otherwise. Get me?

Thread cleaned.

Most of you guys have kept it civil so far on what can be a rather contentious issue, which I appreciate, however I must respectfully ask that we call time on the discussion as we're getting too far off-topic. If anyone wants to continue it, please do so off the board or via PM.

Any and all subsequent off-topic posts will be removed. :heythere: