Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

so many new angels but no one on Candice level tbh... she is steel the queen 

I think they went overboard with the Angel contracts. I know this isn't really the place to discuss it, but it used to be nice to see girls like Candice and Behati start with the company, and work their way up to earn their Angel title. Lais, Elsa, Sara, Jasmine and even Martha have been with the company for a bit now, but giving out 10 new angel contracts, half of them to girls who have walked in one VSFS and done minimal work with Pink makes the title of Angel seem less prestigious. I feel bad for the girls (like Elsa) who were around forever waiting to earn that title and then they practically handed it to girls like Taylor and Stella. Not a very wise move if you ask me.

Many people have lamented the fact that VS gave out so many contracts at once, but it makes sense business wise.  VS now has over 1,050 stores worldwide, moves an estimated 375 million units of lingerie per year through its catalogs, earns close to 6 billion dollars a year in total earnings, and has an annual fashion show that is followed worldwide.  In other words, business is damn good, and it makes sense to continue expanding.  More Angels mean more VS events that can now be held, here stateside and worldwide.  Additionally, more models who can sell your brand, means you don’t have to wear out your superstars (Candy).

Its pure business.

I think they went overboard with the Angel contracts. I know this isn't really the place to discuss it, but it used to be nice to see girls like Candice and Behati start with the company, and work their way up to earn their Angel title. Lais, Elsa, Sara, Jasmine and even Martha have been with the company for a bit now, but giving out 10 new angel contracts, half of them to girls who have walked in one VSFS and done minimal work with Pink makes the title of Angel seem less prestigious. I feel bad for the girls (like Elsa) who were around forever waiting to earn that title and then they practically handed it to girls like Taylor and Stella. Not a very wise move if you ask me.

I cry... :(

Im agree with you 100 % I really hope Candice will not start work less from now ,because honestly she are and always will be a real angel for me with Adriana and Alessandra, angelsforever <3

I agree with all, They really did go overboard. It would be nice to see Candice go do her own swim/sport/lingerie line though and less VS. 

Many people have lamented the fact that VS gave out so many contracts at once, but it makes sense business wise.  VS now has over 1,050 stores worldwide, moves an estimated 375 million units of lingerie per year through its catalogs, earns close to 6 billion dollars a year in total earnings, and has an annual fashion show that is followed worldwide.  In other words, business is damn good, and it makes sense to continue expanding.  More Angels mean more VS events that can now be held, here stateside and worldwide.  Additionally, more models who can sell your brand, means you don’t have to wear out your superstars (Candy).

Its pure business.

Some really good facts there, Just imagine with a fan base like Candice's what she could achieve through her own line rather than growing someone elses company.

I need Candice to get more contracts/editorials/and HF shows. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Candice in vs but I'm ready for her to really start branching out and making more of a name for herself!

Maybe she doesn't want to do that... Maybe it's just me but I have a feeling that she will leave VS soon and start a family with Hermann. Especially after VS added TEN?! new angels... Some of the new girls deserve it but ten is a little too much imo. I guess being an angel isn't that special and exclusive anymore :/

i'm agreed, it's not that it disturb me it's just that being a angel was like a honor/luck/privilege where is the point if like all current models working with them are angels now ? they have 14 ANGELS now, it's way too much and they did not make a interesting move cause a lot of the news have the same profils but i think i'm not the only one who saw thay VS isn't the kind of brand it used to be, remember the time they were literraly discover models ? leading ? now they are just following the moves and hire famous models or models who have a good fanbase on social media (Shoud I speak about Karlie Kloss? Cara Develevingne they hire for the VSFS considering she clearly doesn't have the body type for selling lingerie.... and now, Stella.. ? ) i was kind of chocked they give it to stella and not josephine, or taylor marie hill i means she's not overstanding she's beautiful and all don't get me wrong but nothing especial to notic. Now they have 14 angels and for some who are very similar :3

Everything flows, everything changes... for me just before Naomi existed...
now actively developing a modelling one... gloss only how many + brands + events + show respectively... and more names... . As they say, there is a demand - here's a suggestion)) :grouphug:

I need Candice to get more contracts/editorials/and HF shows. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Candice in vs but I'm ready for her to really start branching out and making more of a name for herself!

Maybe she doesn't want to do that... Maybe it's just me but I have a feeling that she will leave VS soon and start a family with Hermann. Especially after VS added TEN?! new angels... Some of the new girls deserve it but ten is a little too much imo. I guess being an angel isn't that special and exclusive anymore :/

She can still have a family and work for VS. Adriana, Alessandra and Lily have all been working for years as angels with families. She's one of the few contracted girls left who VS will throw whatever amount of money the girl wants to keep them with the brand. She'll probably work less for more money like Adriana and Ale do, especially with all these new additions. 

She can still have a family and work for VS. Adriana, Alessandra and Lily have all been working for years as angels with families. She's one of the few contracted girls left who VS will throw whatever amount of money the girl wants to keep them with the brand. She'll probably work less for more money like Adriana and Ale do, especially with all these new additions.