Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

^Thanks for the statistics, Alex!

I always heard the same about Claudia. I would think that Cindy and Kate Moss are also up there in overall high magazine cover statistics.

Something to keep in mind about the Vogue statistics -- there are more editions in recent years than in the past. Even Gisele had a greater advantage than the original supers because of this. I should say "has" because Gisele is still considered young and marketable compared to the original supers. Linda is VERY lucky to have two Vogue covers this year (Italia and Russia) for being 47-years old. I, myself, am surprised. Once a model hits 40, it's tough road ahead. Once a model hits 45, they should consider themselves EXTREMELY fortunate.

And when you think about the overall fashion magazine market, it's so much easier for a model to accumulate covers because of the multiple covers that many magazines release today. Some of the old Vogues weren't even released on a monthly basis before 1990.

^Thanks! So much power and meaning behind those images from that landmark issue of W. You can tell that La Linda really enjoyed working on this editorial. She's in her element here. And I couldn't agree more with Dennis Freedman's statement in the video:

"She (Linda) is, without a doubt, one of the greatest 'actress-models' that ever lived."

President Obama holds reception at White House for 2012 Kennedy Center honorees!!!!

Among some of the celebrity attendees reported in the White House East Room reception were Alec Baldwin, Jack Black, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Richard Goodwin, Itzhak Perlman, Lenny Kravitz, Ray Romano, Aretha Franklin, cellist Yo-Yo Ma, Jimmy Kimmel, Morgan Freeman, Robert De Niro, rocker Jeff Beck, Ray Romano, model Linda Evangelista, and Opera mezzo soprano Denise Graves.

She's not wearing much makeup, if any at all. Maybe this is before the event...? I read that she prefers to keep her brows bleached and thin these days for sake of versatility. I prefer them fuller. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Here's a clip from MTV's House of Style from 1995 with Jon Stewart (yes, THAT Jon Stewart) backstage with Linda and Kate Moss. Linda shows up at 2:06. Enjoy!