Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

This is beyond words, "The sisters" Linda & Christy, beautiful!

Azzedine Alaia fashion show, Linda, Christy, Naomi, Tatjana, Stephanie, Helena, Yasmeen, Yasmin, Nadege, Veronica, Beverly .... Bruce Weber!

Oh so good! :clap:

Many thanks>

Vogue Russia december 2012 cover : Linda Evangelista :woot:

I'm happy to see her new works, but this cover is so december/01 cover with KK :whistle: It must be the other way round :pinch:

exact_486x636_Vogue-2001-december-cover.jpg

well, to be fair, both covers kind of remind me of this Nadja Auermann shot by Avedon

post-21972-0-44747400-1353062252_thumb.j

Elle amagazine did that kind of covers in the 80's :atoobie:

post-50732-0-1446104426-72785_thumb.jpg

See! It's a shame, Linda deserves to be the first :pinch::hehe:

Couldn't be more pleased that Linda got the Vogue Russia cover. I think it's really beautiful. I was looking at her covers for 2012 and each one is so different! http://www.levangeli...s.php?album=627

The supplement editorial from Vogue Russia is also very, very good. Seriously, if there were acting awards equivalent of "oscars", Linda would win with that editorial, hands down. Transformation into Toni Garrn's rich, neurotic mother or step-mother? Love it! Linda looks borderline evil in those two pics! Now I am curious about the main editorial.

The corset shot by Mario Testino for the December issue of Allure is great. Linda has been doing stuff this year that she hasn't done in a long time, mainly because she's lost so much weight.

JOEh, I think you're the Joe that used to post at tFS back when it was a fun and friendly site. I am so glad you found those Oribe videos. Talk about lost pages of fashion history! They are gems! Thank you.

Back to the topic of the cover, I am reminded of Linda from her appearance in "Too Funky" from 1992 (??)

post-3486-0-74365200-1353262066_thumb.jp

Couldn't be more pleased that Linda got the Vogue Russia cover. I think it's really beautiful. I was looking at her covers for 2012 and each one is so different! http://www.levangeli...s.php?album=627

The supplement editorial from Vogue Russia is also very, very good. Seriously, if there were acting awards equivalent of "oscars", Linda would win with that editorial, hands down. Transformation into Toni Garrn's rich, neurotic mother or step-mother? Love it! Linda looks borderline evil in those two pics! Now I am curious about the main editorial.

The corset shot by Mario Testino for the December issue of Allure is great. Linda has been doing stuff this year that she hasn't done in a long time, mainly because she's lost so much weight.

JOEh, I think you're the Joe that used to post at tFS back when it was a fun and friendly site. I am so glad you found those Oribe videos. Talk about lost pages of fashion history! They are gems! Thank you.

Back to the topic of the cover, I am reminded of Linda from her appearance in "Too Funky" from 1992 (??)

you're absolutely right in your comments :)

I think the problem of judgment helped Linda to be on the covers of magazines and newspapers.

looks gorgeous in Allure, this very thin! sure there are more photos in the next editions of Allure, I do not only have taken a picture.

I'm waiting for the Russian Vogue editorial and commercial Loewe

i think she is truly the missed actress among the supermodels, and that's something that goes beyond the mere physical appearence in my opinion... she can just express feelings with so much ease, and is so convincing in doing that, she does it better than any other model i've seen so far, outstanding set...wish the blonde model was Claudia Schiffer though, instead of this girl

on a side note, i think i recall reading somewhere Pedro Almadovar wanted her to star in a movie, but she declined... guess she just does not like that idea... too bad

Yes, Linda interviewed Pedro Almodovar for Elle UK in 1996 and he told her he wanted to cast her as "a suburban housewife with problems." :laugh: I found the interview here: http://www.levangelista.net/PhotoGallery/thumbnails.php?album=47

More than once, Linda has been called the greatest actress in stills (photos).

Actually, I have to disagree with you in regards to Claudia Schiffer. I think Toni Gaarn was cast perfectly. She looks much more innocent than Claudia. I was just reading how this editorial is based on the movie with Greto Garbo from back in the 1930s. Linda plays a rich Russian duchess (as if she hasn't done this before...LOL) and Toni Gaarn plays a woman who falls in love with the count. I think Toni played her part very well here. :thumbsup:

Linda on Vogue:

Vogue Germany - 11 covers

Vogue Argentina - 1 cover

Vogue Australia - 2 covers

Vogue Brasil - 4 covers

Vogue Chile - 1 cover

Vogue Spain - 2 covers

Vogue USA - 11 covers

Vogue French - 8 covers

Vogue UK - 16 covers

Vogue Italy - 33 coves

Vogue Japan - 1 cover

Vogue Korea - 4 covers

Vogue Mexico - 1 cover

Vogue Portugal - 1 cover

Vogue Russia - 2 covers

Vogue Taiwan - 2 covers

So, Linda have now 100 covers of Vogue. I think only Gisele and Kate have more Vogue covers!

Linda on Vogue:

Vogue Germany - 11 covers

Vogue Argentina - 1 cover

Vogue Australia - 2 covers

Vogue Brasil - 4 covers

Vogue Chile - 1 cover

Vogue Spain - 2 covers

Vogue USA - 11 covers

Vogue French - 8 covers

Vogue UK - 16 covers

Vogue Italy - 33 coves

Vogue Japan - 1 cover

Vogue Korea - 4 covers

Vogue Mexico - 1 cover

Vogue Portugal - 1 cover

Vogue Russia - 2 covers

Vogue Taiwan - 2 covers

So, Linda have now 100 covers of Vogue. I think only Gisele and Kate have more Vogue covers!

^Yes, for many years it was said that Claudia had (or still has?) the most magazine covers overall. Nonetheless, I think it's pointless to try to determine who has the most covers, as there's not a single person out there who can say exactly how many covers each model has. There are only estimates, and who's to say that those estimates are correct?

The interesting thing about Linda's Vogue covers is that each cover is unique. There are no reprints. Also, she's the model with the most Vogue Italia covers, which is the flagship edition of Vogue.

I read too that Claudia is (or was...) the model with more covers, and I think it´s be real. I just collect covers - images of covers or real covers, and today, in my files, I have more covers with Gisele (1270) than Claudia (1226), but maybe it´s because I´m brazilian and Gisele every week have one new brazilian cover. And I talk about all covers of all magazines, not only fashion magazines.

About Vogue, I can give you these numbers Brazilianaffair (and I think they are real or very closed to real, because Vogue is a very famous magazine and all covers are very uploaded in many sites): Cindy have 52, Christy have 80, Claudia 56, Naomi 61, Amber 59, Natalia Vodianova 65. Kate have 104 and Gisele 121. But when we think in all Vogues - not only monthly editions, but Vogue Business, Vogue Man, Vogue Collections, Vogue Jewelry, Vogue Beauty, Vogue specials, all of those models have many more. They are the Vogue Girls!