Bellazon

Elsa Hosk
Thumbnail

killino

The editorial is amazing but in some pictures you can see she wasn't feeling great during the shoot. Kuddos to her tho, she was sick while shooting this and it looks great, I think it was definitely cover worthy.

What excites me the most tho, is that this shoot proves once again that Elsa + David are an awesome team so I can't wait for the VS pictures they did together  :chicken: 

^ Posted a couple days ago, but thank you. (:

post-61717-0-1446077998-85244_thumb.jpg

She's going on vacation with Camille Rowe and some of their mutual friends. (:

EDIT: Could be a Free People shoot, but Briana Lance and Brett Robinson are there too so I'm not sure. There are a lot of Free People crew members there though.

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is. The make up artist and stylist they always use is with them, and Lauren tagged Free People in one of her posts, but Briana Lance works for Reformation, so no idea why she's there. Tilda Lindstrom is there too. Looking closer at the crew that's there, I'm leaning towards a campaign.

Someone on tumblr has already translated it. :flower:

terview with this year's eye-catcher: ELSA HOSK

Elsa Hosk is the model with over 700,000 followers on Instagram and even more glances at her when she as one of the selected models to walk the annual, spectacular, and coveted Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. On the Elle Gala 2015 she received the ‘Year eye-catcher’ award, wich is assigned to someone who is more in the spotlight than others. We caught her backstage after she had received her prize.

You flew here directly from a job in New York and arrived here a few minutes before the red carpet opened. Now you look like a million dollars. You are probably used to this - do you have any good tips for becoming party ready when you are short on time?

– I usually go for things that I always feel nice in. Put on anything, as long as you feel comfortable because then you exude confidence. Don’t test a new look, like red lips if you usually don’t wear it, stick to the secure cards instead.

What are your secure cards?

– I usually go for eyeliner, like I am today. And black- today I have some gold accents. A little mystical and 1960’s vintage…

How is it at Victoria’s Secret- is it a spectacle?

– Yes, there’s really no bigger circus. This was the fourth time I did the show. The first time was a little bit more nervous, there are so many cameras everywhere and you want to be included in all the interviews! But the second time I relaxed more and thought that they can follow me instead.

I saw that you box as a workout?

– Yes, I have a boxing trainer who is an old champion, he’s SO cruel. It is at a boxing gym in New York where it’s just a bunch of dudes boxing. It’s quite nice, there is no one checking you out because everybody’s training for real fights. It’s super fun and inspiring, everyone like lives in the gym and you try to jump rope as long as them. But it is a really good workout, and I try supplementing it with a bar workout, which is much like ballet and makes you grow longer and more toned. It’s a super combo between a lot of cardio in boxing, and then you pull out the muscles with ballet.

How nice to exercise something that you enyoy doing, that doesn’t only become like a job.

– Yes, I’ve never been a person that can go to the gym and lift weights and rund on a tredmill, it’s so boring. You have to find something you really enjoy doing and that you can get better at. And boxing is so good, because it’s a little self-defense as well. You go in a different way when you know you can knock someone.

One reason for this award was that your Instagram has become such a success. What does it mean to you?

– It’s so fun with instagram that you can reach so many(people), because models have been some that you don’t really know so much about so it’s fun that you can get a vote through social media. And I’ve found my thing with instagram. I want that those who follow me will get to know more about me and follow me on all these crazy stuff I do. My friends joke with me that I should get a secret instagram, where I show how it REALLY is. It’s a shame that it only becomes the best moments, so people think you have a really glamorous life, which may not always be the case.

vicsecret-angels on tumblr

A fan account on Instagram also posted a bit from an interview where she says herself that she's an angel, so I'm trying to find the original interview.

Couldn't find the original source, but this is a Swedish fan page, so I'm assuming they translated it themselves.

I: What a year for you, you've been made the first Swedish official Victoria's Secret Angel, how does that feel?

E: It's so much fun and it's been feeling like a natural transition. I've worked with VS PINK for a long time so I was prepared for the fact that it might go this way. But to actually become an Angel for Victoria's Secret was really the big step for me. It's a lot bigger and so many more trips across the world. A lot more jobs and more a lot more responsibility but most of all super fun and challenging.

I: Okay we have to talk about the Ariana Grande incident at the VSFS when you accidentally smacked her in the head with your wings.

E: I had no idea! After the show we were watching to see how it all went, since we film the show twice, and Ariana came up to me and said "did you know you hit me with your wings?". I said "oh no god I'm sorry". Usually we models "flirt" a bit with the performers in the show and we had rehearsed it (Ariana and I) but then the dancers stood completely in the way and yeah, it was a mess. Luckily it got cut from the tv airing. Everybody got disappointed by that except for me, I was thrilled.

I: The pictures of the incident spread like wildfire, could you have guessed it would become such a big deal afterwards?

E: No! A friend sent me a text saying "haha you smacked Ariana Grande on the runway" and then it was everywhere. The day after I had paparazzi outside my apartment shouting "did you do it

I: How does the attention vary in the US and here at home?

E: In New York I've always felt more anonymous [than in Sweden], but now recently with Victoria's Secret becoming such a big thing people have started to recognize me. I live just outside of a hotel where a lot of celebrities usually stay too so there's always some paparazzi there, and now that they know I'm an Angel they take pictures and yell my name when I walk by. It's kind of an out of body experience. Sometimes I take detours to avoid it.

I: What are some exciting things happening in your future?

E: As a model you're somewhat of a doll, people can do kind of whatever they want with you. Therefore I've been tempted to do something myself, something creative. So me and my friend will be starting a clothing line, then I'm also designing a bag for Lancaster and a pair of jeans for Redun. So it's a lot of "designeresque" stuff happening, which is really fun.

@angelelsahosk