Bellazon

Niki Taylor
Thumbnail

bigassscans

well it never seemed like she was a super because i never hear people mention niki when they talk about supers...i know shes has alot of covers but they arent high fashion covers....but still great ones! she was always on cosmo marie claire allure and mademoiselle....to me all her covers look the same...shes just smiling on them! she didnt need to do any runway because she had the all american girl next door look that was perfect for covergirl and womens mags back then

Hi, :wave:

what are "high fashion covers"? Can you define, please?

Indeed Niki had lots of covers. My friend has a little website about her at: http://www.geocities.com/mynikipage/ where you can find some of her 425 covers my friend has in her collection. Unfortunately some of the pages of the site are down, because it´s hosted by yahoo.

And, oh my dear, my 80s and all-time-favourite model Renée Simonsen also isn´t a super- or topmodel, because no magazine titled her like this? :blink: Some names are just forgotten by the magazines. I wonder what big own research they do when they publish an article about supermodels.

Her campaigns - only from the time I did collect a bit of her. I´m sure this can be continued:

Anne Klein II, Cover Girl, dorothy perkins, Les Copains, RAMPAGE, Lee, Liz Claiborne, Rockport, Rolfs, Nokia, Joseph, Hanae Mori, H&M, Linda Allard/Ellen Tracy, istante, Louis Feraud, mexx, Pantene, Pianoforte di Max Mara, C´Est Commeca, Thierry Mugler, JH Collectibles, ESCADA, Oliver by Valentino, VERSUS by Gianni Versace, VERSACE Jeans Couture, Zum Zum

And she had been on the catwalk for:

Anna Molinari Blumarine, Chanel, Les Copains, Perry Ellis, Ralph Lauren - just a few pics left in my collection after I´ve thrown the runway pics in general out of my model collections, because no one seemed to be interested in them.

Flipping through my Niki stuff I saw she was oftenly titled as "supermodel" and also one magazine said she graced 7 U.S. magazine covers in the same month at the age of 21!

"covering all the bases" - U.S. VOGUE, March 1992 by Roxanne Lowit

post-21846-1239887890_thumb.jpg

also showing Stephanie Seymour, Carla Bruni, Claudia Schiffer, Naomi Campbell, Yasmeen Ghauri, Nadege, Helena Christensen

"Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel" - U.S. VOGUE, no info about the date

post-21846-1239888039_thumb.jpgpost-21846-1239888076_thumb.jpg post-21846-1239888112_thumb.jpg

also showing Nadja Auermann, Claudia Schiffer, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Carla Bruni

unknown french magazine

post-21846-1239888794_thumb.jpg

MissParker! I had no idea you also collected Niki Taylor! Wow!

How are you? :wave:

Yes, Renée Simonsen, Daniela Pestova and Niki Taylor had been the models I did collect more seriously on. But then I got back to Renée completely being the one and only for me as I think you can collect seriously only on one model except you´ve got really lots of money and a big house to store all this stuff. Also Paulina Porizkova, Monika Schnarre and Yasmin Le Bon are models I liked a lot.

I hope all is well with you steve with an s! :wave: I´m fine, thanks for asking.

Hi! :wave: The pictures are from her campaign she did for ESCADA. There had been also 2 catalogs. Sorry for the late, saw your post only today, but seems it´s already as good as solved.

post-21846-1239889808_thumb.jpg

german ELLE August 1992

post-21846-1239889844_thumb.jpg

german MADAME August 1992

You may find the catalogs in here:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ESCADA-SIX-CATALOGUE-YA...%3A1|240%3A1318

or

http://cgi.ebay.de/ESCADA-SIX-CATALOGUE-SC...%3A1|240%3A1318

Thanks for your help and everyone else that has responded to these pictures, I have been slow at getting back to boards but this one seems to be the best out there...

is escada high fashion?

As their advertisements appear in VOGUE magazine I think so. You can check at: www.escada.com - Christy Turlington rules there.

well bebe and guess are shown in vogue too but they're not hight fashion.....i think

Is this answering your question?

http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?act...t&id=609099

I also wouldn´t say GUESS is high fashion. For bebe I know only these german teenage body care products.

I´ve checked the latest issue of german VOGUE I´ve got here. It´s the October 2008 one, and they don´t have an advertisement for bebe inside, but: Louis Vuitton, Dior, GUCCI, PRADA, GIORGIO ARMANI, HUGO BOSS, CHANEL, DOLCE & GABBANA, miu miu, RALPH LAUREN, BURBERRY, JIL SANDER, KENZO, WUNDERKIND, LANVIN, VALENTINO, GUESS, PAUL & JOE, Fay, Salvatore Ferragamo, BOTTEGA VENETA, LACOSTE, JOHN RICHMOND, Blumarine, MALENE BIRGER, TARA JARMON and at page 85 I´m stopping now. Probably you can´t compare the single country editions directly...

Meet Ciel Taylor Lamar!

76650345.th.jpg

Could she be a model in the making like mama? Niki Taylor and Burney Lamar introduce their daughter, 8-week-old Ciel, in a photo released this week.

Weighing in at 7 lbs., 8 oz when she arrived on the morning of March 4th, Ciel is a special blessing for the pair, who struggled to conceive. Now proud parents, Burney, a NASCAR driver, calls fatherhood “amazing.”

“She smells so good. And, this is going to sound funny, but even her breath smells good when she cries. And her crying is the cutest thing ever. She makes the sweetest faces. She is absolutely perfect.”

Ciel is the first child for Burney and the third for Niki, who is also mom to 14-year-old identical twins, Hunter and Jake.

Ciel is gorgeous!!!! :D

Meet Ciel Taylor Lamar!

76650345.th.jpg

Could she be a model in the making like mama? Niki Taylor and Burney Lamar introduce their daughter, 8-week-old Ciel, in a photo released this week.

Weighing in at 7 lbs., 8 oz when she arrived on the morning of March 4th, Ciel is a special blessing for the pair, who struggled to conceive. Now proud parents, Burney, a NASCAR driver, calls fatherhood “amazing.”

“She smells so good. And, this is going to sound funny, but even her breath smells good when she cries. And her crying is the cutest thing ever. She makes the sweetest faces. She is absolutely perfect.”

Ciel is the first child for Burney and the third for Niki, who is also mom to 14-year-old identical twins, Hunter and Jake.

Ciel is gorgeous!!!! :D

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

CUTE!!!