Bellazon

Behati Prinsloo
Thumbnail

Nath

A FASHION WEEK STAR

BEHATI PRINSLOO could be one of the biggest stories of London Fashion Week next week. Already optioned for just about every show on the schedule, she's likely to be the highlight of most of them. The 16-year-old Namibian-born model is the latest discovery of Sarah Doukas, the Storm scout who famously gave Kate Moss her first shot at modelling. "Sarah met her in Namibia earlier this year and she came over to London in June," says a booker at Storm. "She's already done ads for Kurt Geiger and H&M and she's been shot by both Mario Testino and Paolo Roversi for Vogue." Expect to see Behati her everywhere next week (or check out your September issue of Vogue, page 294). (September 15 2005, AM)

ones2watch: How did you begin modeling?

Behati Prinsloo: I was 15 and on holiday in Cape Town. A photographer gave me Storm's number, but at first I didn't want to go because I didn't really know what was going on. I thought it was a scam because he just wrote the number on some paper but my mum