Bellazon

Behati Prinsloo
Thumbnail

Nath

+ An article about Behati and 'Hurricane Sandy', for Us Weekly:

Behati Prinsloo: My Apartment Flooded After Hurricane Sandy

post-11221-0-1446070191-23312_thumb.jpg

As she got ready for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in New York City Nov. 7, the 23-year-old Namibia-born supermodel chatted with US Weekly about how the superstorm destroyed her apartment in Manhattan's East Village neighborhood.

"Half of it was -- is -- underwater," Prinsloo said. "My street was a river. The pictures have been scary."

Prinsloo was working in Rome when the storm hit the East Coast; she later flew to L.A. to stay with her boyfriend of four months, Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine. "Everything with us has been really good," she said of their four-month courtship.

When she returned to the Big Apple to visit her apartment, Prinsloo was shocked. "I cried on my kitchen floor for over an hour," she said. "At least no one got hurt -- my cats are safe. It was overwhelming coming into my house and the water was over my piano."

Luckily, the 5-foot-10 beauty was able to find the silver lining in the wake of the devastating tragedy. "I found that all my material things don't matter; it's all about love for me friends and family. It helped me realize that," Prinsloo told Us. "My building has been great pumping out the water and getting my couches out."

More importantly, Prinsloo said, "Victoria's Secret has donated a bunch of money to the Red Cross, and everyone else should, too!"

For the forseeable future, Prinsloo will be shacking up at a pal's place. "She's pregnant and alone right now, so I'm moving in as her boyfriend," the model explained. "She has all these crazy pickle cravings. It's so weird -- she'll have a craving and then I'll feel it so hard and just go to town."

(Source: usmagazine.com)

^I've been wondering what I might be missing off of that app! :heythere:

Marie Claire have series of mini-interviews (and accompanying photos) from the models backstage at the VSFS - here is Behati's:

post-11221-0-1446070194-7569_thumb.jpg

When you get to heaven...

Your lavish welcoming gift at the pearly gates will be: I would definitely love to have my own island. I want to be a mermaid.

Who will greet you when you arrive? My cousin, who I lost three years ago. Or Kurt Cobain.

The soundtrack will be: I love rock 'n' roll. Some epic Nirvana song, maybe "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

Your fridge will be fully stocked with: Cookies-n-cream ice cream. Fruit, I love fruit. Pizza. I could live with those three things, and chocolate.

It will smell like: Orange blossoms.

The closet on your cloud will be filled with: Just angel wings. That’s all I want to wear, and mermaid tails.

If heaven has an open bar, the signature cocktail will be: Definitely tequila, anything with tequila.

Awww... Here's my mermaid tribute:

post-11221-0-1446070194-80099_thumb.png :hehe: