Bellazon

NEW PHONE WHO THIS? (lol)

ThePinkDiet

Hi guys (hope this is the right section, lol).

Quick story short: my iPhone 6 is about to die after 3+ years of love and friendship. I was thinking about moving to an iPhone 8 plus. The thing is I'm a petite girl and I'm afraid I would find it too big for me. I've seen it in store and it's beautiful and shit and, looking at it and holding it, I don't find it to be allarmingly too big, just... bigger than what I'm used to. I love the wider screen and the fact that has better cameras and (apparently) a better battery, but I'm still debating about it just for the size matter. (SIZE MATTERS, YOU GUYS :rofl:)

So, do you guys have any reccomandation or some of you who are petite like me owns an iphone plus and find it easy to use? Do you reccommend it or do you think, being petite, I should stick with the "regular" one?

Not sure how petite you are but I'm 5'3" and have like "normal'? sized hands and I have the 7+ and had the 6s+ too. I could never have a smaller phone now, one thing that really changed the game for me was when I saw the like double tap on the home button makes the screen move half down so it's easier to click stuff at the top with one hand. definitely have dropped my phone a fair number of times trying to reach my thumb across the screen to reach the other side of the keyboard but a good glass screencover and case have saved my butt. 

I'd definitely say get the bigger one for sure. Size does matter. 

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, ThePinkDiet said:

Still debating in my head if I should switch the the plus :banghead:

I'd say if you're that unsure about whether or not to get the plus then just get the "normal" sized one. It's what you're used to and not being able to hold your phone properly and work on it  (if you have to use it a lot for work/personal things) can be very annoying.

11 hours ago, *Luna* said:

I'd say if you're that unsure about whether or not to get the plus then just get the "normal" sized one. It's what you're used to and not being able to hold your phone properly and work on it  (if you have to use it a lot for work/personal things) can be very annoying.

The thing is I'm tired and bored of my phone, I want something new and I don't wanna leave iOS, so I think the only way to do that is to switch to the plus one. Also, I have crazy shifts at work these months and crazy university classes so I'll be on my phone more than my laptop so I think the bigger screen would come usefull. But ehy... Still unsure :sad:

9 minutes ago, ThePinkDiet said:

The thing is I'm tired and bored of my phone, I want something new and I don't wanna leave iOS, so I think the only way to do that is to switch to the plus one. Also, I have crazy shifts at work these months and crazy university classes so I'll be on my phone more than my laptop so I think the bigger screen would come usefull. But ehy... Still unsure :sad:

I understand! For the longest time I’ve been going back and forth between getting the 8 or 8 plus but I’ve decided to just wait and see what they come out with next year. I wouldn’t be surprised though if at one point they decide to stop making the “normal” sized phones and that they’ll all be quite big. Is the bigger screen the only thing you worry about or are there other things as well?

15 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

I understand! For the longest time I’ve been going back and forth between getting the 8 or 8 plus but I’ve decided to just wait and see what they come out with next year. I wouldn’t be surprised though if at one point they decide to stop making the “normal” sized phones and that they’ll all be quite big. Is the bigger screen the only thing you worry about or are there other things as well?

Yeah, it's the main thing. The rest is amazing, I love the new design and the gold one is to die for. It is really rose gold, not like the other "rose gold" from the 6s series and further.

12 minutes ago, ThePinkDiet said:

Yeah, it's the main thing. The rest is amazing, I love the new design and the gold one is to die for. It is really rose gold, not like the other "rose gold" from the 6s series and further.

Might be a bit far fetched but do any of your friends have an 8 plus? Maybe you could ask one of them if you could maybe try using it for a day (or less lol however long they are fine with you using it) and see how you like it? It’s one thing to go to the store and try it for 10 minutes vs a whole day or just a little longer than 10 minutes.

I'm not sure if cost will prohibit you from this but I just put myself on a list for an iPhone x that I'm picking up in a few weeks. It's a smaller body than the 8+, but actually has a larger screen thanks to the design, and has the camera features that you're interested in! I'm 5'3 as well although I have "piano player" hands, and have had an iPhone 6 for the last three years for comparison. 

On 6/12/2017 at 5:02 AM, toodarnhot said:

I'm not sure if cost will prohibit you from this but I just put myself on a list for an iPhone x that I'm picking up in a few weeks. It's a smaller body than the 8+, but actually has a larger screen thanks to the design, and has the camera features that you're interested in! I'm 5'3 as well although I have "piano player" hands, and have had an iPhone 6 for the last three years for comparison. 

Might be the only one on the planet, but I actually don't like the iPhone X at all. Btw I decided to wait until my phone actually dies for good to go for the new one, so I have a little more time to think about it :rofl:

1 hour ago, ThePinkDiet said:

Might be the only one on the planet, but I actually don't like the iPhone X at all. Btw I decided to wait until my phone actually dies for good to go for the new one, so I have a little more time to think about it :rofl:

No you're not the only one, I don't like it either :rofl: I know that in the future there probably won't be any phones left with buttons but I actually liked the homescreen button, I already hate it that you can't really push it anymore since they released the iPhone 7, 7+. It just doesn't feel right to me but I guess I better get used to it :sad: 

I've got a friend who's selling his X because he misses the home button that much. :rofl: 

I think it'll be an adjustment to get used to, but I really like the screen and body size of the X, along with the camera feature which is why I chose to get it over the 8/8+.  

• 1 month later...