Bellazon

Elin Nordegren
Thumbnail

PiscesJNJ

Tiger Woods Treasures Time With Growing Family

When pro golfer Tiger Woods injured his knee, being told not only would he need to take an extended break from the sport, but would also require surgery to mend his ligament, his future was filled with doubt. However, Tiger was unwilling to succumb to any negativity. Despite enduring surgery with months of rehab following, Tiger admits to Golf Digest that his hiatus has actually been a gift in disguise, giving him the opportunity to spend quality time with his wife Elin — who is expecting the couple’s second child in February — and their daughter Sam Alexis, 18 months. For Tiger, the time is treasured, as he realizes that, had it not been for his injury, the memories he is making with his daughter wouldn’t exist.

“Watching her learn how to talk — yelling at the dogs like I do. We play catch. She’ll catch it and throw it right back to me. I wouldn’t have seen all of this if I had been playing a lot.”

Having experienced a world wind of ups and downs within the past few years — including the death of his father in 2006 — the 32-year-old nonchalantly brushes off knee surgery as “easy.” Explaining his “transition” in life, Tiger reveals that the end of one chapter closed with his father, while a new chapter began with the birth of his first child. “My life changed dramatically when my dad died. Then, after losing my dad, the next year to have Sam — those were polar opposite experiences,” says Tiger, who goes on to say that he found himself in a position “to be as low as I could possibly be [and] to be as high as I could possibly be, all in one year.”

While Tiger shares that after completing each recent milestone in his life — becoming engaged, tying the knot, and becoming a father — he was told that he was “going to become a worse golfer,” he has demonstrated to his critics quite the opposite. Crediting his family with making him “a happier person” that in turn provided him with a “more rounded life,” the golfer addresses the negativity, saying “they have no idea.” One milestone he isn’t looking forward to reaching, however, is Sam learning to sweet talk her daddy!

“It’s something I talked about with Jay Haas [a father of five]. I told him, ‘It’s harder to leave home.’ He said, ‘Wait until they tell you, “Don’t leave Daddy.” That kills you.’ That’s something I’m not looking forward to at all.”

Elin Nordegren fiancee of U.S. golfer Tiger Woods, and an unidentified friend watch Woods play during the first round of the Dubai Desert Classic tournament March 4, 2004. Tiger Woods was unable to finish while a faltering Ernie Els finished six shots off the lead in the fog-delayed Dubai Desert Classic first round on Thursday.

post-17383-1230883308_thumb.jpg

Elin Nordegren, the Swedish girlfriend of U.S. golf player Tiger Woods, looks across to the wives of other players during the opening ceremony for the 34th Ryder Cup, at the Belfrey near Birmingham, September 26, 2002. The three-day tournament will start on Friday.

post-17383-1230883379_thumb.jpg

Golfer Tiger Woods sits courtside with his girlfriend Elin Nordegren of Sweden during the NBA game between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Houston Rockets February 18, 2003 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Woods, who recently won the Buick Invitational in San Diego, will compete in the Nissan Open in Los Angeles this weekend.

post-17383-1230883483_thumb.jpg

Tiger Woods Moves ‘Down the List’ of Importance

While there was a point in time when Tiger Woods was the apple of mom Kultida Woods‘ eye, with the birth of Tiger’s 18-month-old daughter Sam Alexis, that time has passed! What’s more, since learning that Tiger and his wife Elin are expecting their second child together, Tiger says he’s only moved farther “down [his mom's] list.”

“She calls me up, and [the] first thing [she asks] is ‘How is Sam? How is Elin? How is the baby? How are the dogs? Okay, goodbye.’ I’m below the dogs now.”

The upside of his ongoing recovery from knee surgery has been lots of one-on-one time with Sam, and Tiger said he was looking forward to the holidays for more of the same. “I’m just going to go home and celebrate Christmas with Sam and just kind of hang out at home and then just gradually start building back into the game,” he explains. “It’s going to take a little bit of time, but I’m really looking forward to it.”

Tiger and Elin expect their second child in late February.

• 1 month later...

Tiger Ready for Baby No. 2 & Golf with Obama

He says it himself: Tiger Woods is going to have one hectic spring.

Woods, 33, hasn't played competitive golf since undergoing knee surgery in June, and says that his return to the tour hinges on the birth of his second child with wife Elin Nordegren.

"A lot depends on the baby, which is due pretty soon," Woods, who admits to going "full-bore" in practice sessions, writes on his Web site. "That takes precedent over anything I do golf-wise."

"Elin, [daughter] Sam and I are very excited for the new baby to arrive, although that's when the real lack of sleep begins. But I must admit, I am also excited about returning to competition," he says. "Early on, I didn't miss golf because I enjoyed staying home with Elin and Sam and I knew I wasn't physically able to play."

He adds: "I'm taking it tournament to tournament. With our new addition, it's going to be a hectic spring."

Meanwhile, he's also trying to squeeze in a round with Barack Obama!

The pair made tentative plans when Woods spoke at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., as part of a pre-inauguration ceremony.

"We didn't get to talk much," Woods explains. "I didn't want to get in his way. I did ask him if he wanted to play golf and he said, 'I'd love to.' So we'll make it happen."

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20256785,00.html

Report: Woods' wife gives birth to a son

On the day Tiger Woods usually hoists a trophy at Torrey Pines, a newspaper reported Sunday night that the world's No. 1 golfer was busy with the birth of his first son.

The San Diego Union-Tribune, citing an unidentified person with ties to the Woods family, reported that Elin Woods gave birth for the second time. They had a daughter, Sam Alexis, in June 2007 on the day after the U.S. Open.

Woods did not have an announcement about the birth on his Web site, where he reports his news. Neither his agent nor his spokesman immediately returned messages seeking comment.

The 33-year-old Woods is a six-time winner of the Buick Invitational, where he also won the U.S. Open last summer for his 14th career major. That was the last tournament he has played because of knee surgery a week later that ended his 2008 season. He is expected to return before the Masters, possibly as early as the Accenture Match Play Championship on Feb. 25.

He wrote in a newsletter last week that his return to golf depends largely on the birth of his baby, "which is due pretty soon."

"That takes precedent over anything I do golf-wise," Woods wrote. "Elin, Sam and I are very excited for the new baby to arrive, although that's when the real lack of sleep begins."

Woods was the only child born of his parents, Earl and Tida Woods. He had said after his marriage in 2004 that he looked forward to having more than one child.

Nick Watney won the Buick Invitational on Sunday, the sixth time that Woods has been unable to defend a title since his knee surgery.

Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...eBddnQD967RCQ80

Elin gives tiger a son

Desktop Leaderboard Latest Blog Check out the Golf365 Forum Tiger Woods is reported to have become the father of a son on a weekend when he is normally winning the Buick Invitational.

In Woods' absence this year Nick Watney won the title, this while, it seems, Woods was attending the birth of his second child.

The San Diego Union-Tribune, citing an unidentified person with ties to the Woods family, reported that Elin Woods had given birth for the second time and that her first-born, daughter Sam Alexis, now nearly two years old, had been joined by a brother.

No reports of the birth had been posted on Woods' official website at the time of writing and neither his agent nor his spokesman were returning messages.

The 33-year-old Woods, a six-time winner of the Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines where he also won the US Open last June to take to 14 the number of Major titles he owns, has been out of golf since then, recovering from major reconstructive knee surgery.

He wrote on his website last week that his return to golf would depend largely on the birth of his baby, "which is due pretty soon".

"That will takes precedent over anything I do golf-wise.

"Elin, Sam and I are very excited as we wait for the new baby to arrive, although that's when the real lack of sleep begins."

Woods was the only child of Earl and Tida Woods and had said after his marriage in 2004 that he looked forward to having more than one child.

Previous speculation had it that Woods was close to returning to competitive golf but would be guided by family commitments.

He was expected to make his return before the Masters, possibly as early as the Accenture Match Play Championship on February 25, but the question now is whether we'll see him in action before then.

Source: http://www.golf365.com/news_story/0,17923,...4906705,00.html

Tiger Woods Welcomes Son Charlie Axel

It’s a boy for Tiger Woods and wife Elin! Son Charlie Axel Woods arrived on Sunday, February 8th; he and mom are “doing great,” according to an announcement on the golfer’s website. Charlie joins big sister Sam Alexis, 19 months. In a statement, Tiger writes,

“We want to thank everyone for their sincere best wishes and kind thoughts. Sam is very excited to be a big sister and we feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful family … We look forward to introducing Charlie to you at the appropriate time.”

Tiger, 33, and Elin announced the pregnancy in September. The baby was due later this month.

• 2 weeks later...

Tiger Woods and family with new baby, Charlie Axel

Tiger Woods's wife, Elin, gave birth to a son, Charlie Axel Woods, on February 8. Here are photos of the new arrival and his big sister, Sam Alexis.

98309310fx6.th.jpg

Sam was born in June of 2007.

44430147xr8.th.jpg

"Both Charlie and Elin are doing great, and we want to thank everyone for their sincere best wishes and kind thoughts," Woods said in a statement on his Web site.

68824555uc1.th.jpg

Woods, 33, has found himself in the role of stay-at-home dad since he injured his knee in June 2008.

42840223ur1.th.jpg

Charlie's father is said to be close to a return to the PGA Tour.

18682535la8.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Filename: 78d05kcu.jpg

Photo Date: 08/12/2005

Photographer: Antonelli, Ron

Caption: Tiger Woods' wife, Elin Nordegren, watches her husband compete during second round play at the 87th PGA Championship at Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, N.J.

post-17383-1235898141_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard - Final Round

Elin Woods watches the play of her husband Tiger Woods during the final round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational at the Bay Hill Club & Lodge on March 29, 2009 in Orlando, Florida.

post-17383-1238389865_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1238389873_thumb.jpg