Bellazon

Elin Nordegren
Thumbnail

PiscesJNJ

Sam is Growing Up Bilingual, Says Tiger Woods

The blow of any injury -- in Tiger Woods' case, knee surgery -- would cause any professional athlete anxiety, but for the 32-year-old pro golfer, he looks at his recuperation time "as a blessing as well as a curse." While the restrictions put on Tiger when it comes to playing golf can seem quite frustrating, he is instead focusing on the positive: the unusual opportunity to stay at home with his family. With his wife Elin pregnant with their second child -- due in late winter -- and a growing 15-month-old daughter, Sam Alexis, Tiger knows that this time in his life is very special and he couldn't be happier to be able to witness it all. "It's wonderful, being able to stay home and be with my family," says Tiger, who admits that he is normally "away from home for more than half the year in total."

Having grown up bilingual herself in Sweden, Elin feels that it is important for her children to learn not only English, but Swedish as well. With Elin only talking to her daughter in her native language and Tiger speaking to Sam in English, the couple feel that she will quickly catch on to the two, but are curious as to what accent she will eventually develop! Says Tiger,

"It's going to be interesting, though, to see whether she gets Elin's Stockholm accent, or if she'll have some of that Northern dialect her grandmother speaks to her in."

Elin Nordegren Woods shops at Kitson

May 2007

Elin Nordegren Woods, 27, who expects her and Tiger Wood's first child in early July, was spotted shopping for baby booties at Kitson Kids last week. She picked up a pair of Kitson Baby Skull Star Slip-ons.

Our source tells us Elin's visit was overshadowed by Victoria Beckham, who was shopping at the store at the same time!

0000.jpg

PGA TOUR - 2007 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Second Round

Elin Woods, wife of Tiger Woods, walks the course, and watches him play during the second round of the 2007 Arnold Palmer Invitational at the Bay Hill Club and Lodge in Orlando, Florida on March 16, 2007.

post-17383-1224223292_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1224223300_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1224223309_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1224223318_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1224223327_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1224223336_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1224223345_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1224223354_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1224223365_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1224223377_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1224223389_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1224745575_thumb.jpg

Tiger Woods laughs next to his girlfriend Elin Nordegren at the Golf Writers Association of America Awards Dinner on April 10, 2002 in Augusta, Georgia. A Swedish newspaper reported on November 28, 2003 that the world's number one golfer Woods is to marry his Swedish girlfriend Elin, a 23-year-old former model.

Tiger Woods Ditches Golf Clubs for Diaper Duty

Though Tiger Woods is currently on what he jokingly calls his longest break from golf since coming out of the womb, one thing his sidelining leg injury has allowed is more time with daughter Sam Alexis, 15 months. "Fatherhood has been very sleepless," Tiger said in an interview with Today's Jenna Wolfe. "But it's been so much fun to see her grow and change, on a daily basis. She's a daddy's girl." Joking that her first words were "knockdown four iron" followed by "dada," Tiger shared he doesn't carry a picture of Sam in his wallet. "I don't, I won't. It makes me miss her that much more. It drives me crazy."

The devoted dad, married to wife Elin since October of 2004, says the couple splits the parenting duties. When it comes to diapers, "It's diaper bingo situation," he laughs. "She goes, you got it. Whoever picks her up, goes."

Tiger lost his own father in 2006, a loss that was particularly hard for him, given their close relationship and the fact that he had to grieve in the public eye. He says he's learned a lot from his dad, though, and has a greater appreciation for their relationship now that he's a father himself.

“I never truly understood unconditional love until Sam was born. It’s just a totally different love. I understand how my parents felt and why I used to make my dad crazy or my mom go crazy now. I also understand the joy they used to get and how my mom gets when I accomplish things that are important to me. The same thing with Sam, it’s just a totally different feeling.”

Tiger will get to experience that new love all over again when he and Elin welcome their second child in late spring. As with Elin’s first pregnancy, the couple hasn’t learned the sex of their new baby -- not that they aren’t curious. “We have that envelope, you know; they gave us the photo. We go look, not look, look, not look, so everyday it’s, ‘hmmm.’”

Source: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/27114761/

Gifts for Tiger

What do you buy a man worth almost $1 billion?

John and Roe Abel had that dilemma. After John was selected as the sweepstakes winner who would play golf at Torrey Pines while Woods caddied, they felt like they needed to get Woods a present.

After much looking, Roe bought a picture frame for the second child Elin Woods is expecting next year. The couple's first child, Sam Alexis, will be 2 next June. The frame's inscription: “Me and My Big Sister.”

Source: http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/golf/...21golfnote.html

• 2 weeks later...

Tiger and Tigger

The Tiger Woods newsletter hit my email inbox yesterday, and while Tiger has been busy with sponsor obligations and golf course design projects, I couldn't find a lot of meat. Namely, stuff about his rehab regimen.

I guess there's not a lot to say, except this:

"The knee is progressing. I'm working hard every day and there have been no setbacks. I've actually started to do a little chipping and putting, but no full swings. That's not going to happen until early next year."

Let's also not forget Halloween.

" ... Elin and I took Sam to a Halloween party, where she dressed up as Tigger."

I've always liked Tigger. He's so ... bouncy.

Source: http://mvn.com/downthemiddle/2008/11/tiger-and-tigger.html

• 2 weeks later...

ASK TIGER

post-17383-1227245651_thumb.jpg

On the way: boy or girl?

Q: How is Elin's second pregnancy going compared to the first one? Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

--Lisa Antonetti, Waltham, Mass.

A: Everything is going smoothly; Elin feels great. One difference is that we're getting less sleep compared to last time because we've got Sam now. As for boy or girl, we wanted to be surprised the first time, and we're not going to find out now, either.

Staying Patient

Q: What has been the most difficult part of your recovery from the knee surgery?

--Ginnie Ford, Montgomery, Ala.

A: The rehab work and training is grueling, but that's not the hardest part. It's harder being patient and taking things at the pace my doctors are setting for me. But I know I have to do it that way so the knee can recover completely. We're being conservative in the rehab—I can walk without a limp, but I haven't been given the green light to hit balls. What surprises me is that I don't miss the game as much as I thought I would. I do miss the competition, but the rest? Nope. I'm spending time with my family. Besides, I'd embarrass myself right now. You'd see some of the worst shots in the history of the game.

Comeback

Q: If everything goes according to plan with your rehab, when do you think you'll be back on tour?

--Ardis Levette, Cincinnati

A: It really depends on how things are after I start hitting balls. I need to follow the doctors' advice. It's really not up to me.

Source: http://www.golfdigest.com/instruction/shor...igertips_gd0812

• 3 weeks later...