Bellazon

Helena Christensen
Thumbnail

tootty86

I know... she was one of Gianni's favourites but throughout the years the house of Versace worked with the supers they used to work with in the 90ies but Helena never made it in the cast... so I really doubt that... she did not even have a major campaign since Screvino... but let's keep our hopes high... she always manages to surprise us pleasantly...

^ yay glad another reprint, thanks dayrell

Helena's Stars

Lauren Milligan

27 January 2012

HELENA CHRISTENSEN thinks she's found two model stars of tomorrow in her Crystallized Swarovski Unsigned Model Search winners, Reece Sanders and Freya McHugh, and she has some surprising advice for the duo.

"I want to say 'run as fast as you can!'" she laughed. "Not really, but I'd say if you do it, you'll have an incredible time. I definitely feel protective of them."

The twosome, who Christensen photographed for the Swarovski Crystallized spring/summer 2012 campaign, have certainly made an impression on the Danish supermodel.

"Being involved in the search has been really interesting and the shoot was incredible. To work with these two young people - Reece and Freya - on the shoot was great; it was amazing to shoot them together. That's not an easy thing to do, even for an experienced model, and when you're young and you don't know each other; it's hard. But they have such great energy: she's so quiet and cool and he's really strong and was quite protective of her."

"Sometimes it's better to shoot someone who has never modelled before. There's an innocence that you lose when you've been doing it for a while, but when you've never done it before a photographer can capture something special; like your inner child."

SEE HELENA'S INCREDIBLE CAREER

After decades in the industry, Christensen is almost uniquely placed to advise the young hopefuls on what's to come and, perhaps surprisingly, she thinks the industry is much the same as when she started out.

"I don't feel modelling has changed: everyone else seems to think it has, but it still feels the same to me," she said. "I suppose I was in a pretty unique position, so it's hard to be subjective. It's always calm in the eye of the storm! Sometimes I'll stop and think 'wow. Remember that? I did that,' but as a person I really don't look back much. I like to move forward; look to the next project. I still enjoy working and love new opportunities so I don't think of the past much - but it's nice to have amazing memories that come back every now and again like a fairy tale."

And as with all Vogue cover stars, Helena shared her own favourite Vogue cover girl with us.

"Kate Moss really chose me?" she smiled. "Wow. That's flattering. I don't know. Vogue has so many amazing covers. I suppose I think of them more in terms of an image that struck me rather than a person. There's this Carre Otis image - her hair was slicked back and wet - that I love. You should ask my mum though," she said gesturing towards the impossibly chic woman behind her - standing with a dapper gentleman who it transpires is Helena's dad. "She'll almost certainly say me. At least I hope she will. She has hundreds of Vogues."

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/01/27/hel...ogue-cover-girl